Microsoft Support and 950xl FW

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I have just wasted an hour with them asking if there was an issue with the FW update, 000GB.

They told me, no lie or embelishment, no one has it!! WTF???? How, I asked? Because you need the anniversary update!! WTF??? ( again ). I enquired as to how those on TH have received it. They then inform me that it was only to select regions. I enlighten them.... They won't accept that despite being in black and white, it exists. I point them here, and Lumia firmware, and get told that yes, these were select region's. Ok so why has 950 ALL OVER THE EU, got it? Why did Russia hit in June?

What a bunch of w4nkers. My tethers end has been reached, and my BS alarm is worn out. Just be straight with us. It could be a device issue ( possible ), it could Be a carrier / network issues ( not with most of us as we usually go unlocked ) or they forgot ( scarily probable ), or its in the queue.

Utter waste of an hour I won't get back. I tried guys, but as with many dealings with MSFT, head+brick+banging+wall.

stonedef

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
There must be a reason we don't have it yet but I don't think we will ever know. One thing I have learnt from Microsoft when it comes to anything regarding their mobile phones/OS, is to take anything they say with a large pinch of salt....

Hopefully it appears on Tuesday with the anniversary update

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
You might try posting, on the actual MS support forums. Sure, you'll get an initial canned response, but sometimes you get more.
If you mention that all but a couple of regions have the firmware, sometimes the MVP members will help "spur" the conversation along, and the MS people *may* respond with more details. Or it may go nowhere, the canned stuff is a maddening thing, I'm 110% on that.

All that aside, I'm with others, I'm betting it will be there for Tuesday; I agree it's really odd/frustrating that you're getting delayed like this.

-pete

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by PGrey
You might try posting, on the actual MS support forums. Sure, you'll get an initial canned response, but sometimes you get more.
If you mention that all but a couple of regions have the firmware, sometimes the MVP members will help "spur" the conversation along, and the MS people *may* respond with more details. Or it may go nowhere, the canned stuff is a maddening thing, I'm 110% on that.

All that aside, I'm with others, I'm betting it will be there for Tuesday; I agree it's really odd/frustrating that you're getting delayed like this.

-pete

It's the same with most large corporations. The prompt card is, erm......annoying at best, the Anglicized names just pee me off. Why bother? We know you aren't called Bob, Timothy etc. What would have been nice would be 'I don't know'. That's all. To be processed through the drivel of 'I'll look into that' and an hour later just produce a pre-written statement is infuriating. They are just as bad with surface. Got the right hump with him. When I buy a ?1000 piece of kit, I can't tolerate untrained / lack of trained idiots. But hey, what do we know. We've already spent out our money and then we become just an annoyance. It's not just MSFT, its pretty much everywhere now, and it isn't going to get any better.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
My experience with MS on support has been good - but I only do it via chat - sometimes they transfer me to another person with more experience than the one I'm chatting with

Last edited:

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by Chintan Gohel
My experience with MS on support has been good - but I only do it via chat - sometimes they transfer me to another person with more experience than me

I started off on chat. She tried, but ultimately failed. I couldn't really fault her as an 'engineer' called me on my device, as she promised. Hopeless. This guy couldn't 'engineer' and excuse, or a plan to exit a paper bag. Never mind eh? Guarantee I'll stay with it though. I just find the whole windows experience suits my business. Anyways, off to an HP presentation next week. Get to play with the elite!! Can't wait!!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I started off on chat. She tried, but ultimately failed. I couldn't really fault her as an 'engineer' called me on my device, as she promised. Hopeless. This guy couldn't 'engineer' and excuse, or a plan to exit a paper bag. Never mind eh? Guarantee I'll stay with it though. I just find the whole windows experience suits my business. Anyways, off to an HP presentation next week. Get to play with the elite!! Can't wait!!

the elite x3? Lucky you :cool:

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Originally Posted by Mad Cabbie

the elite x3? Lucky you :cool:

Yeah, I was lucky. Thankfully, one of my account clients is tied up with HP. They've seen my 950xl working and did show some interest, but this 'monster' has really piqued their interest. Fingers crossed eh?

If they order a few, maybe I'll ask them to slip me one in to the order..... If only.....

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I was lucky. Thankfully, one of my account clients is tied up with HP. They've seen my 950xl working and did show some interest, but this 'monster' has really piqued their interest. Fingers crossed eh?

If they order a few, maybe I'll ask them to slip me one in to the order..... If only.....

send me one too :winktongue:
just kidding :smile:

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Originally Posted by Mad Cabbie

At the moment I'd be happy with the damned FW update. Still not got it!!!!

And yeah, roll on Thursday!!

send me one too :winktongue:
just kidding :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petazinta