Confusion in buying Lumia 950, 950xl and Blackberry Priv. Please suggest which one to go.

sreekumarssk

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
Really confused a lot of thinking which phone to buy. I'm oscillating between Lumia 950, 950xl and Blackberry Priv. Guys please suggest the best one to proceed.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Really confused a lot of thinking which phone to buy. I'm oscillating between Lumia 950, 950xl and Blackberry Priv. Guys please suggest the best one to proceed.

Laura's question is the one you need to answer for yourself. I use Android at work and Windows for personal phone. 2 completely different experiences. Check out other folk's experiences with each phone both here at Windows Central and at Android Central as well.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There is no "best" here. The Priv is a portrait slider with a physical keyboard. The Lumia 950 is a smaller candybar.

Windows 10 Mobile can be a negative for most people but not all. Same with Android. It has the apps to appeal to most but it has its own potential issues.

If I had to pick one to stick with, I'd get the Priv although its a bit big for my taste.

J Frost

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Like someone already mentioned, I have used a iPhone and Samsung Galaxy for work phones over the last few years and my personal has been a WP for over 4 years. Personally I like WP10 out of all of them, Im not a social media guy or a heavy consumer of apps. I use fairly generic apps (weather, yelp, fandango, etc.......) Again personally the iPhone isn't intuitive, I have had to hunt down or get on you tube to find out how to function it. Android was a decent experience, but not as handy as WP. IF I was to leave WP, I would head to Android. But like everyone else has said it comes down to personal choice.

gourav mopidevi

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Don't buy priv instead go with S7/edge or S6/edge if u want android...go with L950xl if you want windows 10...if price is same for both why would anyone want to go with L950..as for android lots of apps,all ms services,ms garage apps which is not available for windows mobile, care from developers and respective device companies, well optimized, you can root and install stock android( fuild operating system)...as for windows 10 lot of thrid party official apps, lot of junk repeated fake apps, low quality apps compare to ios and android, all ms services which is just good compare to those on ios and android, some Ms apps are missing, developer don't care, MS don't care about their flagship devices, not optimized work in development, insider rings..

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I think it boils down to apps. If you rely on them then get the priv or any other Android that can run the BlackBerry suite. The first two you asked about are touch screen, why you asking about a pkb device in the same sentence?

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
...if price is same for both why would anyone want to go with L950..
Pocketability and "holdability".

That is the reason I don't own a 950XL. Cost wasn't an issue, being able to carry it in my pocket was. I don't want a mini-tablet as a phone. I wanted something I could hold easily, something that would fit in pockets. If I need a tablet, I will twist my Thinkpad Yoga and use that. If I need to do actual work, I will just use the yoga as the laptop it is.

This way, I feel I have the best of both worlds. A pocketable phone that is easy to hold and a laptop/tablet for everything else.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
When it comes to the 950 vs the XL - my vote goes to the 950; simply because I don't necessarily need the bigger screen and my phone doesn't need to be a wild beast when it comes to specs. As long as the lag is minimal or not there at all, I'm happy.

W10M phone vs Blackberry - I'd go with windows everytime. Never liked the BB's (but that's just my personal opinion lol)

W10M vs Android - hard to say.. Really comes down to what you need the phone to do and what kind of software/apps you need to get your jobs done

LuxuryTouringZone

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Buy the Lumia 950 XL. It looks better, has a better camera, removable battery and plenty of other features to make it worthy choice over the BlackBerry Priv. IF apps are a huge concern, then you'd have to go for the Priv.

JHVCPA

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
If you want an Android go with the Priv if you are worried about Google and your privacy. I bought one to replace my 950XL and returned it after two days because I missed the interface of Windows. I know I'm missing a few apps and I do mean only a few. There is just something elegant about Windows Phone. The overall experience is just so much better. Try both and you'll see.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
drop blackberry priv out of the comparison, i would never even glance at it and walk right past it. =D

go for 950xl if screen size doesn't bother you (^)

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
The only advantage the Priv has is that it runs Android so it has more apps. As said, if that is a big thing for you then you should pick the Priv. Otherwise, the 950XL is the better device,

BMT001

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Hopefully this helps. I currently have a 950 it was my first windows phone and I love the OS. It has made great strides in the past year as I am a fast ring insider I can personally attest to a definite learning curve I had compared to my Samsung Note 5. Which always ran perfect. But with that being said I am in the process of purchasing a 950xl duel sim to replace both phones. If you like a smaller phone get the 950 5.2" screen is great runs perfect now or almost perfect and the windows OS has more than enough apps for me. I particularly love the edge browser it has all my favorites and my reading list right there on every device. If you are like me and like a larger phone go with the 950 XL 5.7" display and better processor. People knock the 950 & 950 XL for not looking premium enough for a flagship phone. The first things people put on there new phone is a case and MOZO makes a beautiful leather one for the lumias. If you are all about the apps then maybe a Galaxy 6 or Note 5. Almost as good as the Galaxy 7 and Note 7 but much cheaper. They are very good phones me and my wife have both one. They are stunning looking metal and glass of course you don't see any of that because its under a case. I am definitely a windows fan. I think there is more upside in the future with windows 10 mobile. Nothing against android they work well but as a techy the OS does nothing for me. I guess you could always go with Apple but why?

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
You would have to be insane to buy a Windows Phone now. They are dropping the Lumia, and because most Windows Phones are Lumias they are effectively dropping 90% of their remaining customer base in the phone department.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You would have to be insane to buy a Windows Phone now. They are dropping the Lumia, and because most Windows Phones are Lumias they are effectively dropping 90% of their remaining customer base in the phone department.

This is old news. but the existing x50 handsets will still see support. The withdrawal was intentional and a necessary step to help entice 3rd party OEMs back to the platform...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon