Just Ordered a 950XL

Venom98

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
So I've been alternating between my abandoned by HTC & Microsoft HTC M one 8 with the Windows 10 preview build and a budget Android phone with 6.1 (Been with Windows Mobile since the HTC Arrive, then Lumia 920). The build for my Mone8 has been problematic as of late (store won't launch, picture texts stopped working, random freezing) and I don't want to revert back to 8.1. I've missed Windows as my daily driver and came across an Dual Sim 950XL new for a great price. How do I go about setting it up to get the latest build right out of the box? Or should I just download Insider and join a ring?

PJL99

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
i will be on the official build

It MAY be on the latest official release (non-insider) build, but also may not since the phone may have been produced before the latest official (non-insider) build was released. This was the case for me. In this case, when you begin using the phone it will perform the update to the latest released non-insider build. If you want to update to the latest insider build, you will have to join the insider program on the phone (the option is in the update settings area), and it will then update to the insider build.

Based on feedback on this forum and my personal experience, I would recommend you not load the insider build. The released version is much more stable in most cases. I try to stay away from beta code unless there is a reason to use it. And insider builds are beta code.

The only time I will not load an insider build on the phone is if there is a significant bug in the released version that I know has been fixed in an insider build, and that no other bugs were introduced with the insider build. This is not the current case for me.

MrockNroll

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Ive had my 950 XL for about a month, loaded the latest non insider build day one and its been rock solid. Ive hade one update since and still very stable. I don't use many APPS but the few I have run great. Enjoy. :)

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Amazon indeed. Also, Walmart has the Display Dock on sale for $39.99
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...0-or-950-XL-HD-500%2F120175517&token=X-AUEcqN

Any suggestions for a Bluetooth Keyboard & Mouse, preferably an all-in-one?

Logitech has a bluetooth keyboard with a built-in touchpad. Not sure if it's VERY GOOD but for the short amount of time I spent with it while shopping for my new TV in a store, it was doing just fine for typing and mouse-related activities.

Perez5k

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
This is what I did...
Update the phone to the latest build (not insider).
If you have an SD card make sure you save and install all your apps to the device memory (not SD card), and all other items can be saved to the memory (This helps if you frequently swap cards).
You are good to go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes