Outlook issue

benualson

May 17, 2013
Visit site
If i have new email messages and delete them from the pull down menu, the lock screen icon and livetile still show the new email count. It doesn't update those until i go into the inbox. Help me.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
If i have new email messages and delete them from the pull down menu, the lock screen icon and livetile still show the new email count. It doesn't update those until i go into the inbox. Help me.

That is because, you are deleting notifications from the action centre and not the actual email itself.

So there are a few ways to update the tile, mark the emails as read or delete them either in the app or via a browser or any other device that has that email account attached. Once the changes sync, the tiles will update automatically.

Depending on your settings and internet connection that may take awhile, so you're better off just deleting, viewing or reading them in the app on the device you are using.

benualson

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Wait, so in the action center I have the option to delete or archive (or just swipe right to clear the notification). So, if I choose delete I shouldn't expect it to update my live tile and lock screen counts?

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
The update is happening every 30 mins AFAIK, and if u mark the new email read, or delete it from AC, then the tile should udate in 30 mins time.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Wait, so in the action center I have the option to delete or archive (or just swipe right to clear the notification). So, if I choose delete I shouldn't expect it to update my live tile and lock screen counts?

For me that functionality was removed after an update, I only have archive or flag. Long press options only give the ability to open a settings page.

It would be reasonable to expect that behaviour, but I have learned sometimes Microsoft's decisions will never make sense logically or illogically without their telemetry data. Which again I abhor the use of when it comes to functionality decisions. A product should be enhanced not reduced to a state where it becomes useless. For example the search button used to enable you to scan bar codes of products and books, due to telemetry it became a basic QR scanner before replaced as the dedicated button for interacting with Cortana.

The update is happening every 30 mins AFAIK, and if u mark the new email read, or delete it from AC, then the tile should udate in 30 mins time.

It used to happen after a few seconds.

The tiles back from Wp7.x used to update every 30 minutes or so and that continued until Wp8.1 where tiles could update per minute or so. Which enabled developers to make decent clock apps. You have have the sync set to depending on my usage instead of always push.

You can edit you post by pressing the pen icon next to the flag, so you don't have to post multiple times :). Or are you using an app?

If so which app i.e tapatalk or the windows central app for W10?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes