Where is "Hey Cortana" and double tap to unlock?

bigskytool

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I just picked up my 950 and do not see anywhere in the "Extras" to enable "Hey Cortana" or double tap to wake up? Has anyone else figured out how to make this happen?

Also, I set up the Hello Windows Iris scanner to unlock the phone but it still only has to swiped up on the screen? I set up a PIN initially and then enabled Hello Windows but my phone can be unlocked without using the Iris scanner.

Still noticing some UI issues where text for things such as "Respond" to an email are wrapped. I was hoping that MS would have gotten all those unpolished things that we all experienced in the trial version finished but no big deal.

gemini5150

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up my 950 and do not see anywhere in the "Extras" to enable "Hey Cortana" or double tap to wake up? Has anyone else figured out how to make this happen?

Also, I set up the Hello Windows Iris scanner to unlock the phone but it still only has to swiped up on the screen? I set up a PIN initially and then enabled Hello Windows but my phone can be unlocked without using the Iris scanner.

Still noticing some UI issues where text for things such as "Respond" to an email are wrapped. I was hoping that MS would have gotten all those unpolished things that we all experienced in the trial version finished but no big deal.

its in the notebook in Cortana. under settings

awesomeindeed

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Unfortunately this is true. There is no security here whatsoever.

awesomeindeed

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My concern is that it ONLY works for me when you select "Every Time," and not when you choose any of the timed options. If I have it set to 15 minutes, and I come back to my phone a half hour later, and decide to forego the iris unlock, all I have to do is swipe up, and the PIN I set up becomes completely unnecessary.

To me, that's totally broken.

MirthRock

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
My concern is that it ONLY works for me when you select "Every Time," and not when you choose any of the timed options. If I have it set to 15 minutes, and I come back to my phone a half hour later, and decide to forego the iris unlock, all I have to do is swipe up, and the PIN I set up becomes completely unnecessary.

To me, that's totally broken.

Ah fair enough. I didn't test it like that. Good find. You are correct, that is totally broken. However, in Microsoft's defense (which I feel like I do a lot these days) it is still Windows Hello Beta, lol.

tanderson

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I also thought that the whole thing was broken when I could just swipe up and by pass the whole thing. Once someone pointed out the login time I changed it and haven't noticed any issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes