Lumia 950 Qi wireless charging: Display noise/interference

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Same issue here, just searched and found this thread. Hadn't noticed in xl but on 950 I noticed it today! After leaving and turning screen back on I noticed to didn't do it straight away. I wonder if this is harmful to the phone?

Will be trying xl tomorrow!

Jabber00

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Same problem here with a Lumia 950 and a Ravpower 3 coils QI wireless charger.
No problem (or, at least, I don't see any lines) with an Aukey single coil (I think it has a single one).

I'm interested too: is this harmful to the device? Is it safe to use a 3 coils wireless charger?

Last edited:

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm having issues as well. My DT-910 charging stands have an issue where it only charges without my case, where as my DT-900's, DT-903's and DC-50 charge with my case on. I also noticed the charger going on and off. I wonder if the mozo cases have better charging coils than the oem Microsoft ones?

Tran Viet Ha

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Screen flicker on wireles charging

I have just got a lumia 950 and seen the same issue when using the old wireless charger for lumia 920. How has MS addressed this or just said "normal"? It seems to happen to 950 only but xl. Can anyone update the story? Thanks!

karelj

May 7, 2009
Visit site

Just placed my 950 on my wireless charger and I am not seeing this effect. Tried with my gf's 950 and there wasn't a problem.
Sorry, man.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

I have the Nokia DT-900 charging plate which is the one that came out with the Lumia 920. It works fine with my new Lumia 950 - no problems with flickering for me.

Tran Viet Ha

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
I tried with about 3-4 more lumia 950 at the shop I bought and one (the only available) at a big shop. All have this problem with my wireless charger as well as others. I then try to go to some other shops to test my phone with various chargers, still the same issue. I need to know if I should continue to use the wireless charger with my lumia 950?

Xaptwo

Jun 5, 2017
Visit site
When I Charged it in my car, it did not charge at all.
I needed to buy a phone connector for the lighter was USB 3.0 Compatible, than It charged.

Hi everyone.

When i charge my 950 in either the CR-200 car kit or the DT-900 Qi charger i get an anoying interference/noise/corruption of the display.
It's 100% sure that it is the Qi charging that causes this and it is most noticable when the screen shows white.

Microsoft Support in Denmark has testet their 950 with a DT-900 and has the same problem. But the help ends there. Their answer was: "Well have to pass this on to technical support" And when i asked what is was suppose to do with a �500 phone that has display issues the answer was: "Hopefully the problem will be fixed in a future update"

So my question is: Do any of you have the same problem or is it just mine and MS DK's phones that have this problem?

Thornton

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes