Lumia 950 in Japan, will it work?

Hoku001

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Reposting this because I posted in the wrong forum...

Just got a 950 and will be traveling to Japan soon. I asked the ATT person when I got the phone and they said they weren't sure. I assume this phone will work, but I was wondering if anyone has actually taken a US, ATT phone and traveled in Japan with it.

I understand that the data speeds maybe impacted, but I just want to know if I can make and receive calls and texts. I'll have a mobile hotspot for data.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
As long as AT&T supports roaming in Japan the phone would work. If you wish to use your AT&T 950 with another SIM card from Japan then you'll have to get the phone SIM unlocked by requesting AT&T to provide it.

KrisYYC

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
It should work. My Lumia 1020 from Rogers (Canada) worked no problem. Rogers and AT&T have the same frequencies I believe.

Hoku001

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
It should work. My Lumia 1020 from Rogers (Canada) worked no problem. Rogers and AT&T have the same frequencies I believe.

I've used my 1020 in Japan before and it was all good. I would THINK the 950 should be no problem, but in some ways, the teething issues with Windows 10 Mobile make me worried that things we've enjoyed in the past (like reliable BT connections), may be wonky with the 950. Overall, I like the phone better than the 1020 - camera speed, screen quality and feel of the phone are great. Not liking the battery life, less than stable Bluetooth and the inability to find USB type C cables to charge it with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon