Lumia 950 Random Reboot, how can I fix it?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 950 Random Reboot

I'm also having the random reboot problem while using the newest version of Windows 10 on my Lumia 950 - and I have no SD card installed. The problem originally surfaced when using the WatchESPN app but now is happening in the calendar app distributed with the phone. Once the reboot happens, it continues to happen after the reboot when the app gets to the same point.

I've had many problems with this phone including a major problem with the buggy OS that was unpublished and recently republished. The original OS made the phone run extremely hot and depleted the battery in less than 2 hours. Furthermore, the OS wouldn't let apps download in any reasonable amount of time. Since the new OS had to download to fix the problem, I had to let the download run for more than 12 hours with the 950 plugged into the external power supply.

Because I've patiently waited for a fix on the OS, I'm now beyond the 14 day exchange period from AT&T, but if the reboot problem isn't fixed soon, I'm going to dispute my credit card transaction and trade the phone in for an Apple 6S Plus.

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I recommend a hard reset after any OS update. Once the update is finished, backup any data you might have on the phone that's not already in OneDrive.

Then power the phone down. Once off, wait 30 seconds (just to make sure). Hold the volume down button - and press the power button. After the Microsoft logo, you'll get an ! sign. You can then release the volume down button.

Press: volume up / volume down / power / volume down

That will initiate a hard reset - re-installing the OS from scratch (wiping all data off the phone - hence the need to backup any data not on OneDrive).

Setup the phone - I recommend not restoring from backup. I know it's a pain in the rear, but seems to be the most stable solution in case some app or setting was causing problems.

Let the phone sit for a minute or two when you get to the Start screen. Then go into the Store and let it update all the apps. Once that's done you can start installing your other apps by going into your Library in the Store and downloading them with the down-arrow symbol.

See if the phone stability improves - 9 times out of 10, that'll fix your issues. If your phone is still crashing and rebooting, you may need to have it replaced.

J H4

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Agree with the above (post #3) - in every case of every update (firmware or OS), I have had to factory reset AND not restore to get a fully working, stable and nice-to-use daily driver. I'm now on 14267 and the 000038 firmware and have zero issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes