Lumia 950 200GB Micro SD issues

ngilbert89

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering if anybody else is having any issues with the 200GB SanDisk Micro SD card and the Lumia 950 as I have been using both the card and phone since launched and had nothing but issues, problems such as:
-Phone restarting
-Sometimes phone does not see SD card at all and shows all apps as unavailable and I have to take the card out and put it back in again
-An error message keeps popping up asking to scan the card for errors
-Apps sometimes do not download to card if set to install new apps to SD card under settings / storage
-Some apps will not move from phone to SD card sometimes get an error message

I have tried 2 memory card as first i suspected that my original card was faulty but still experiencing these issues with the second card

I have installed the latest software and firmware update MICROSOFTMDG update hoping that this will fix the above issues but still having a bad experience with this micro SD card.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
1: where was the card obtained (fake cards can cause issues)
2: tried reformatting the card 1st in a windows PC? (exfat or fat32)

Ian Datson

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi

I have just bought this card from MyMemory.com and it keeps locking up my 950XL to the point where I have to take the case off and remove the battery just to restart it! I have just taken it out and am currently trying to format it in my PC before I try again. Is any one else having these problems?

robert peake

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
my mate had the same issue with the 200gb card, i have the 128gb samsung card in mine and its fine. I didnt believe him when he said the card is causing the reboots.

Ian Datson

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Spent most of the evening trying to get it to work and now have given up. I have just put it in my Surface Pro 2 to see if it is any good in that machine - if not it is going back!

L Ray

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
i have the same problem and i bought it from amazon
my tablet freeze and reboot if it tries to read anything in it.
i formated my card and same problem applys. no wonder why amazon sales their card so cheap.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
i have the same problem and i bought it from amazon
my tablet freeze and reboot if it tries to read anything in it.
i formated my card and same problem applys. no wonder why amazon sales their card so cheap.

it was probably sold by some random yahoo through Amazon, just like eBay.

If it was "fulfilled by Amazon" then thats another story.

DALINE40

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
This appears to be a problem with different phones, in my case the 635. I have given up scanning the SD card. When asked if I want to scan I click on "No" and the card works fine. I have been advised to take the card out and re-insert it but that didn't make any difference, I suspect it may be a problem with the phone or cynically an encouragement to buy a new card. I ensure my card is backed up regularly to my computer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon