Why *haven't* you bought a Lumia 950?

gabrant198813

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
In my collection of phones WP I bought HTC HD7, Lumia 800, Lumia 1020, Lumia 940 that with this last had faults in software and is converted in a very expensive paperweights, this replace it with Lumia 640XL and is fantastic I would like have a Lumia 950XL to improve my experience, the possible reasons do not make a purchase of a new phone :

-Check that the system is stable, (not report software or hardware failures)
-Wait for a better version (Surface phone possibly)
-Especially if it's free, it's exciting to compete for one

Alxgn

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
...because my 640XL does everything I need it to do and does them really well; also I've paid for it less than a quarter of 950's price to get it.
And don't start me with the camera. I'm using a proper one instead.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I have bought one, but I will either return it or sell it because of the buggy OS. Windows 10 on it is simply awful, a horrible experience, the worst OS I've ever seen. And as we cannot put 8.1 on a 950.....I am gonna return it. Too bad, the phone is great,camera is perfect, but the OS is a bad joke, reminds me of WP7

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
No of course not.

The OS is so immature, its like they just released the first version of "windows phone". Which is kind of crazy considering the OS is what, 5 years old?

And of course there is the app situation. Who would want to develop apps to a "new" OS.... Even though there are "most" apps available somehow, they very often lack functionality and just are not very good to use.

I had about 10 windows phones, but got tired of waiting for the "next version". Moved to Android which is Google's virus, but my phone is a SMART phone after so many years of my phone being "almost there smart phone".

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I would buy one if it was within my budget.

Basically it's just price of entry for me.

When it goes down to $200 then I will buy it for sure.

RUCKUS_US

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
So many people say that win10mobile is so buggy and horrible and I don't understand it. Myself with my 640 and 950, and multiple friends haven't had a problem even close to what people list online. It's really weird

anon(9065580)

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
1. Quite simply because Microsofts (and in particular Nadellas) comments over the last year have me wondering if they even stand behind their mobile strategy. In the current situation I am not willing to put in a major investment, so I am sticking to lower end phones for the time being.
2. A 600+ $ phone needs to look like one without having to add another 50$ for a replacement cover.

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
They aren't sold in my country and I haven't been able to buy them as an import (ordering online is out of the question).
Otherwise I'd be rocking a 950 xl from day one.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Some leaks showed some info about the RedStone 1 and 2 release. Seems that MS is taking this seriously after users trashed them all over with the quality of the current OS builds.

kappatau808

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I haven't bought a 950 because I want a 950XL.
Why haven't I bought a 950XL? Because the version sold in the US is dual SIM and doesn't work 100% with US carriers. I.e. no VVM.
While I could get the international single SIM version, that has no warranty in the US, so I'm waiting for the US stores to sell an XL that works with US carriers.

having no VVM doesn't bother me much, but the 2nd sim icon is just annoying though. so yes they should offer single sim or warranty.

divyan

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I already have a 930. For me main benefits of having a phone are :-

1. Small size ( 4.7" is perfect for me)
2. Excellent camera and multimedia features. 930 is good in those aspects, but low light photos are a disappointment for me.
3. Pretty good battery life ( I don't mind a little bulk to the phone as a trade off for longer battery life)
4. All the sensors for fitness apps.

950 does not satisfy any of the above requirements for me, no I did not buy it . I am waiting for such a phone from any non-Android vendor.

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Well, I would've held off but I needed a stronger phone than the 640 since I am a power user, but had I known that the Surface Phone was a for sure thing, I probably would've waited to get that over my new 950.

A living dog is better than a dead lion

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon