12-27-2016 10:17 AM
441 ... 56789 ...
tools
    1. Lack of apps
    2. Looks and feels cheap
    3. Not worth the money
    4. Start screen is really getting boring.
    Sounds like you've got a problem with the OS
    libra89 likes this.
    01-06-2016 07:48 AM
    Because:

- I bought an 830 last May and don't feel the need to upgrade;
    - Probably the crappiest and most generic design of any phone out there today;
    - Bigger than an 830, which is big enough as it is
    - Sound quality on headphones not comparable to high-ends from other platforms
    libra89, theefman and MemoHK like this.
    01-06-2016 08:03 AM
    I was for 15 days in Canada, and could not bought there.
    In my country wasnt even release, and Microsoft store say only in March.
    01-06-2016 08:13 AM
    Because:
    - Not slim enough, yet not durable enough. There is no trade off here, both are lacking. The battery is under one day usage, and when I say one day I mean 12h. If it was slim I would have been ok with that.
    - No fingerprint sensor. The Iris scanner is not fast enough. The fingerprint on IPhone 6 is blazing fast, instantly unlocking the phone.
    - On screen buttons, not that I am against them but pocketnow editor made a good observation when he said "having on screen buttons makes the screen smaller even though it's larger"
    - No premium feel, besides the mozo cover. If you don't buy the cover if feels like you have a mid-range device wrt the looks.
    - The screen quality does not seem enough for me. Idk why but it feels behind a glass. Take for comparison a Samsunge Galaxy, it's like you are touching the icons and not the glass. Same goes for the iPhone, screen is amazing. I feel (think) the 950 has an extra layer of something on it, makes the icons seem further away, not on the real surface.
    - Vibration is quite non-existent. Not powerful enough.
    - Design is meh, nothing on the back cover, a scroll, a sensor, all other devices from competitors embraced this feature.
    - Sound for headphones is subparrrrrrrrr. This is a flag ship device which means I also have high-end headphones, like B&W in my case. The HTC 8X was the only one who swiped the floor with other Lumia's regarding sound in headphones.
    theefman likes this.
    01-06-2016 08:13 AM
    1) Waiting on price drop, simfree and/or carrier tariff options.
    2) Dual-sim variant required, not seeing much availability in UK.

My 930 serving me well for now until 950 price drops.
    I upgrade then pass my old Lumia to the wife... (win,win!)
    01-06-2016 08:23 AM
    I had a 950XL on preorder from the MS store. But had to cancel it when I luckily saw it was going to charge my bank account instead of my PayPal credit service. The MS store checkout process doesn't allow you to choose the PayPal service you want to use.

Sad that I had to cancel, but charging my bank account would have been a disaster. Tried to re-preorder with other credit services, but couldn't because it was no longer in stock.
    01-06-2016 08:29 AM
    The 950 is behind on updates right now, it's running 10586.29, where my Nokia 520 is running 10586.36,
    There seems to be a problem getting the 950 up to date with other Microsoft phones. Now the only
    thing working on the 950 is continuum, which would be good for business or school purpose, but
    people working at a business or school would rather have the business or school pay for the phone,
    since it's priced to high now. Most people won't be using continuum, they'll be using the phone
    and apps, but for now opening apps isn't working as it should.
    01-06-2016 08:35 AM
    I'm done with Windows phone. This was Microsoft's last chance to get mobile right and they released beta software and ****ty hardware and had the temerity to sell it as a finished product. Microsoft is disrespectful. Apple would never push out a product like that that just fails on all fronts (they at least always get the aesthetics right) and expect people to pay for.
    I'm gonna buy an iphone next (for the first time). I doubt the surface phone is gonna be the killer device we all hope it is.
    01-06-2016 08:40 AM
    (1) High price over here - almost $500 above Nexus 6P
    (2) My 640 XL does the job "a-ok" for now.
    (3) Still no solution to the Bluetooth bug, that's keeping me from using my Wahoo HRM.
    01-06-2016 08:46 AM
    Like most people I waiting for the price to drop into probably the low $200 range. At almost $700 my 640XL will do just fine. I think they should make a quality phone like the 950XL but at a price where ever day consumers can purchase without losing all the the good stuff (Windows Hello/ Continuum).
    01-06-2016 08:46 AM
    Waiting for it to even come to my country, Singapore. Malaysia has it but we don't have it. I never understood that. ):
    Lim Jie likes this.
    01-06-2016 08:49 AM
    My personal thought is this. Windows fans in general, expect apple quality, at google style prices. Before the phone even launched people were talking about waiting for a price drop. Apple doesn't have this problem, and to be quite honest, neither does surface. It is the one hardware product by Microsoft that they seem to be firm on charging a premium for, and as such, people pay it. I expect when the next phone launches, it will be much the same, unless it is a total flop. But as fans, we ought to be willing to shell out something to keep our ecosystem alive, or stop ******** that things aren't fantastic.
    b23h likes this.
    01-06-2016 08:57 AM
    I initially wanted the XL but I've read way to many complaints that made me want to wait it out to see what else comes. That along with the fact that it didn't release with T-Mobile

Sent from mTalk
    01-06-2016 08:58 AM
    Waiting for it to even come to my country, Singapore. Malaysia has it but we don't have it. I never understood that. ):
    Microsoft's new crappy marketing strategy with the new CEO, skipping IT savvy developed countries, pushing out products slow as **** and releasing unfinished products. Everything goes to India first now.

If they don't bring in 950 / Surface phone before LG V10 or LG G5 on Starhub I'm jumping ship. Enough is enough.
    01-06-2016 08:59 AM
    Enough waiting.. No stock in Canada ... It was Christmas and I wanted to give myself a gift. Bought a Nexus 6P and I really like the device so far.

Keeping an eyes on WP for sure, my Lumia is still alive and accepting new build.
    01-06-2016 09:13 AM
    what is the name of the MISSING App you want?
    01-06-2016 09:28 AM
    I will wait to see if they make a Surface quality phone, which should be out when my iPhone 6 Plus turns 2yrs old and I'll be looking to upgrade. Or else I don't see a real reason to upgrade from my iPhone 6 Plus to a Lumia 950 XL; which in my opinion feels a bit cheap and WM10 is too buggy at the moment. I really do love Windows products, but they haven't given me a reason to jump back in the mobile game with them again after many ups and downs over the years.
    rafaldo and steve_w_7 like this.
    01-06-2016 09:33 AM
    The review out of there talk about a beta device, Windows 10 seems not ready and very buggy and for a product of 599/699 is not a good things. Plus the rumors on Panos/Surface Phone don't help me in choosing to buy it.
    01-06-2016 09:36 AM
    1. No Canadian carrier support, and no I don't want to buy the phone outright and miss out on my upgrade.
    2. No Snapchat app. So tired of hearing 'did you get my snap...'
    3. Premium price for a phone that looks anything but premium.
    01-06-2016 09:44 AM
    Proud owner of a LUMIA 1520 for over 2 years now, running the latest Windows 10 Mobile build.

The 1520 does everything I need it to - in this respect was very ahead of the game when it came out! - and although when compared to the 950 it lacks Continuum and Windows Hello, the design of the 1520 is far superior in terms of material and finish. Simply, the 950 isn't flashy enough for me, and though it carries powerful features, it's not enough to entice me to upgrade right now. Plus Windows 10 Mobile being very much in its Preview stages does not make me want to put money forward for a new phone running beta software.

So the 1520 will do, perhaps for another 2 years?! :D
    theefman likes this.
    01-06-2016 09:45 AM
    Because it is not for sale in my country yet.
    Because it is expensive.
    Because I have a 640 XL already.
    01-06-2016 09:48 AM
    Well, the Lumia 640 runs Windows 10 Mobile very well. In fact, side by side with the older 920, it's pluckier, less buggy, and stay's cool while doing it. While I'd love to have the flagship, this thing just meets my day to day requirements so well that I have no need to upgrade at the moment. Bear in mind I paid $80 for this off the GoPhone rack at Walmart, and threw my AT&T sim in it. I just looked now and it's $60. WOW! Frankly, not even the 550 beats the value of the Lumia 640. I grabbed a 32gb microSD card from Amazon and a glossy blue case from Ebay (like the one they used when they first introduced the device) and at about $100 total it meets all of my needs.

Besides, if this Surface Phone stuff is true, I'd love to see what that team can do.
    01-06-2016 10:53 AM
    I'm going with option e) not everyone has Att and is willing to drop $550 or $650 on a phone....Millions of smartphone users do not pay up front for there smart phone. They either had done the contract deal where you get the high end phone for a large discount or now people are leasing them. If it were on more carriers I'm sure more of us would own one
    01-06-2016 10:54 AM
    Hope a phone with metal design, and better battery. It's not 950 or 950 XL, may be 850 or surface phone
    01-06-2016 11:12 AM
    I live in Canada, a country that Microsoft has essentially abandoned. With no carrier support for new phones, we are forced to buy online (without even holding the phone) or traveling all the way to one of the few Microsoft stores in Canada. Then, we have to buy a phone outright, because MSFT does not offer payment plans. I could not afford a grand a month before Christmas, so I wasn't able to buy a Lumia 950XL, although I really wanted to. Instead, amid the dying whimpers of my Lumia 920, I was forced to move to Android. I hate Android, but my LG G4 was $0 down, $64 a month over 2 years with 2gb of data and unlimited text and calling. The G4 will eventually cost me $360 for the phone alone. Financially speaking, an equivalent Windows flagship phone is no longer a realistic option in Canada. WP is dead north of the 49th parallel.
    01-06-2016 11:24 AM
441 ... 56789 ...