People making fun of my Lumia 950 at the movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiloTheOne

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Ignore it, thats people with closed minds/brainwashed. I.T at my job laughed at me for switching from droid to a 950. Once I showed them I can turn this bad boy into a PC they looked like kids in a candy shop. There's still work to be done with getting the bugs out but MSFT is headed in the right direction.

I do power points on my phone and when the boss passes by he thinks I'm playing angry birds. I can't wait to do a presentation and blow their minds.

triageatdawn

May 31, 2015
Visit site
I work in a pharmacy so there's a lot of people I interact with on a daily basis. The amount of attention my phone gets is crazy, probably because it looks different and interesting to them - I always get a lot questions like What phone is that? Is that an LG phone? Where'd you get that phone? Don't tell me that huge black module on its back is actually the camera! Hey, how much did you pay for that phone? Etc, etc... No one ever made fun of it. It seems like some of them don't get how Windows as an OS can be on a smartphone. Android devices and iPhones are the only smartphones they know of.

The funniest thing is, I heard that familiar Windows message notification sound coming from my boss's office 3 weeks ago. Thought my phone somehow ended up in there but nope - it was her Lumia 735.:amaze:

winboy

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
The reactions I get from my friends and co workers have always been very different and positive. They are always fascinated by my phones, first the 1520 and now the 950 XL. Not a single dumb question or statement from any of them. I'm into photography, so of course I own the Pentax brand dSLR while the rest of the people I know have either the Canon or Nikon. Canon and Nikon are the android and ios of the DSLR cameras. I guess I always root for the underdog. LOL.

kwajr

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
At Xmas I got a wireless charging pad....they all said what's that I said just a charger Apple will invent on a couple of years

atlantisbRe

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Just ignore this kind of people. You could open ms dos app and play games. Just try to enjoy yourself don't think it's blame or something. If they don't know what is lumia that is their shame.

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I am surprised. When someone seeing my phone they are confusing, speaking about good looking and asking waow isn't Nokia finished, what is this brand etc. (Lumia930)

Technically, Nokia is Finnish and out of the smart phone business.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I think the only thing funnier than the kids joking is the idea of proving them wrong by putting a PowerPoint presentation on a TV to prove to them how cool the device is. Also, Apple and Android users are no more sheep than Microsoft users. Saying "you need to expect some bugs in early development" is like saying, "oh, I am holding the phone wrong!"

venki m

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Android and iPhone is a cheap looking OS .. People hate windows is only because of lack of apps.. But windows store has apps which you use on daily basis.. The perspective of lack of apps is not yet changed. Android and iPhone are cheap looking phone... I also get comments and people laugh on my Lumia 930 because of lack of apps.. L930 build is way better and has awesome AMOLED and pixel density no one questions about that , L950 is better than L930, people BOO on that because Win10 still lacks in apps no other reason people BOO on windows platform. I guess android and iPhone had similar app draw back during their initial days but people didn't complaint because there was no comparison, what ever app they had they felt it complete.. Since windows is new people compare like( ohhh windows does not have these apps lol... ) once the app gap perspective is changed then it will be all fine.....

Prince Pusey

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Its 2016 so these kids think productivity is the number of tweets per day, number of censored picture posts on Snapchat and how many likes they collected on Facebook and how quickly one can get a square photo uploaded on Instagram. Continuum they know not...may the force be with you!

So true... I always say that windows is for productivity and those who aren't productive will miss its true purpose!

Prince Pusey

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Android and iPhone is a cheap looking OS .. People hate windows is only because of lack of apps.. But windows store has apps which you use on daily basis.. The perspective of lack of apps is not yet changed. Android and iPhone are cheap looking phone... I also get comments and people laugh on my Lumia 930 because of lack of apps.. L930 build is way better and has awesome AMOLED and pixel density no one questions about that , L950 is better than L930, people BOO on that because Win10 still lacks in apps no other reason people BOO on windows platform. I guess android and iPhone had similar app draw back during their initial days but people didn't complaint because there was no comparison, what ever app they had they felt it complete.. Since windows is new people compare like( ohhh windows does not have these apps lol... ) once the app gap perspective is changed then it will be all fine.....

and that is always my concern... since we have such an interesting os, why can't we be a member for the "many apps" association? We are suffering daily from this same problem for YEARS

RUCKUS_US

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm unbiased and I love cell phones in general. I own an iPhone 6 and Lumia 640. I love what Microsoft is doing right now. I can't wait for the surface phone. If that takes too long to get here I'll get a 950. But I'm back and forth with my sim card between phones right now because my iPhone just runs almost everything faster than my Lumia, I don't have an iPhone because it's cool. I own it because they are quality phones and have the best ecosystem going on right now. I've found replacements for my most important apps on windows 10 mobile but they are definitely worse quality than the iPhone version.jus take the windows central app for windows phone and compare it to the iOS version...the iOS version runs faster and more fluid..weird.. Then there's things like my iPhone pairs Bluetooth faster and detects devices faster than any Windows or android device I've owned. The headphone port also is superior which I wish they will get right on the surface phone. The quality differences and volume are very noticeable.I want to see the app quality and fluidity my iPhone gets come to windows mobile. I love both my phones but plan on fully transitioning to Microsoft when they get the kinks worked out. I've got a badass windows pc and Xbox one. I can't wait to see what they do this coming year!

Last edited:

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Went last night to the movies with the wife to see Star Wars. Being Tuesday night, what we found in the theatre was a bunch of students (there's a big university close by) watching the movie. We arrived early expecting a big line but there was nothing so we got into the theatre more than 30 minutes before the movie. On my seat, I got my Lumia 950 XL out of my pocket and started researching some information for an upcoming appointment. I was also really happy that the app for playing trivia games on the theatre was available so started configuring that also.

While doing my stuff, I just heard students on the back laughing at my phone. I heard them say to each other: what is that? Is that Windows Vista? With Internet Explorer for browsing? And having a good laugh :winktongue:

It was funny, I just kept going and didn't say anything. But man, what you have to put up with for not being part of the Apple or Google religion. It's like you're not accepted in society anymore. :eek:rly:

PS. I recently switched to Windows after 4 years with iPhone. I think I just should expect this to be more common.

What made you switch? Just curious... And yes not being part of the "it" crowd is great, so long as you dont gloat about being different. IMO. Do what you want, how you want.

Bill Berry

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I've ran into one person at college who owned the Lumia 1520, I pulled my then HTC Titan and said to her, we're it!!! Ever watch CBS night time programming, pay attention to the phones they use; it's Windows Phone mostly, but what gets me is the displays, they never look like ours.

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

Windows mobile predates Android and iOS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes