.71 Build on Lumia 950 Still Bad, hows your experience?

smartass1379

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I will say this .107 seems acceptable as I've had no issues other than my battery drain problem. I'm hoping once AT&T decides to release the firmware update it works well with this build.

laevanay

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
How did you guys get .71? I have a MS Store bought unlocked dual sim Lumia 950 and still on .29 even after checking for updates daily...

monte0

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this will help any of you guys but think I found my issue with why my phone goes off all the time in my pocket and reboots. I narrowed it down to the light sensor. I shut of the feature for the accidental camera launch in pocket, turned off the auto brightness and glance. After that I haven't had any restarts or turning off by itself and the phone isn't getting warm like before.

Now this being a core feature is really an issue but at least it's stable to use again. As soon as the light sensor used to see dark the phone would crash. Hope Microsoft releases a firmware update soon.

Dinu Noroc

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Word of advice.
If you are doing a hard reset and restore from backup, you end up in the same spot.
Do a hard reset and start from scratch. I know, you need to install all apps, but trust me it's worth it.
I had problems with my Lumia 950. Was rebooting randomly, app crashes, and so on. Now it's working just fine.

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I have 2 Windows 10 phones, Nokia 520 and 950 XL, the 520 has better response to opening
apps and when texting I can use suggested words. The 950 I often have to tap several times
on a tile to open an app, and when texting, tapping several times on a suggested word will often
not let me use the word, so I have to type every letter. I'm not seeing problems with reboots
and apps crashing on the 950, when installing the phone, I used my BLU WIN HD LTE that
runs 8.1 image. The 950 came with Windows 10, and then joined the insider program, so I
could keep Microsoft updated with my experience with the phone.

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
If you want the best possible experience with any build, always hard reset your phone after upgrading and NEVER restore from backup. You will have less chances of bugs and issues being ported to the newest build.

Heheh... sort of. My advice to anyone with any 950 or 950XL is to, before you even turn it on, is to plug it into your PC and run Windows Recovery Phone Tool or whatever its called. That will flash the firmware and OS to latest release. Then when you turn it on, you can restore from a backup successfully, and no hard reset is needed.

dajma00

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this will help any of you guys but think I found my issue with why my phone goes off all the time in my pocket and reboots. I narrowed it down to the light sensor. I shut of the feature for the accidental camera launch in pocket, turned off the auto brightness and glance. After that I haven't had any restarts or turning off by itself and the phone isn't getting warm like before.

Now this being a core feature is really an issue but at least it's stable to use again. As soon as the light sensor used to see dark the phone would crash. Hope Microsoft releases a firmware update soon.
I have glance on but don't see any reboots and I carry my phone in pocket all the time. Also after upgrade to 107 haven't seen any reboots except once the very first day.

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
MS should stop trying to make windows experience on phone parallel to that of desktop. Keep testing, trying, and failing forever, man you guys abuse the fan's generosity too much.

Please stop here, make the phone work. Finalize the product first, then continue the mobile insider program.

How about they keep making it available for the people who don't mind testing it, and are not in any way forced to use it, as it is entirely voluntary?

monte0

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I have glance on but don't see any reboots and I carry my phone in pocket all the time. Also after upgrade to 107 haven't seen any reboots except once the very first day.

My phone might be more of an isolated case but since shutting off those three features related to the ambient sensor I haven't had one issue in two days

robert peake

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
i wish I knew about not backing up, i had another thread going asking do i restore from a back up as i didnt understand why it work. not sure i can go through all that again and re install all the apps. losing the will to live

Last edited:

Andrew del Valle

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Having a new issue with this build now. I am.not being notified of texts. No sound and the tile doesn't indicate I have one. I also am not seeing the new mojis. Anybody else finding this? 950 xl on att

Grimlock

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Having a new issue with this build now. I am.not being notified of texts. No sound and the tile doesn't indicate I have one. I also am not seeing the new mojis. Anybody else finding this? 950 xl on att

I had a similar issue with my ATT 950. I was getting texts in my action center, but the live tile wasn't updating. I don't know exactly what combination I did this in, but I removed and added the tile several times. I also thought it might be tied to skype since I signed out of that due to it causing battery drain, so I signed back into that and kept removing-adding the live tile after a reboot or two. Eventually it started acting like normal again!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon