Self installing app - help!

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I went to download an app, and evidently selected the wrong one (it had a similar name, but wasn't the one I was looking for).

I uninstalled the unintended app. Then, a day later, it shows up as "pending" in my apps list. After it shows pending for a few days, it installs. I uninstall it, and it repeats.

I can't get rid of this thing.

I have been through a few OS updates since this happened, and it's still there, so I don't know that a hard reset is going to help.

How can I get rid of this thing?

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I went to download an app, and evidently selected the wrong one (it had a similar name, but wasn't the one I was looking for).

I uninstalled the unintended app. Then, a day later, it shows up as "pending" in my apps list. After it shows pending for a few days, it installs. I uninstall it, and it repeats.

I can't get rid of this thing.

I have been through a few OS updates since this happened, and it's still there, so I don't know that a hard reset is going to help.

How can I get rid of this thing?

hard reset is the way to go but a soft reset might fix it as well :)

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
thanks - soft reset hasn't cleared it. Might have to try a hard reset tonight - takes so long, I don't have time for that during the day.

If I hard reset, and restore from backup, do you think it will still be there?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon