Repairing Lumia 950 in other country Devices Care Centr

bobby_inggas

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
I bought my Lumia 950 in Indonesia. i have an issue with my microphone rubber gasket on my Lumia 950. It is peeled off and i want to replace it.

image1 [7818836].JPG

I am wondering if i can take it to Singapore Microsoft Devices Care Walk-in Centre (12 Kallang Avenue, Aperia, #03-23 Singapore 339511) for repairment. Is it possible ?

Where i live is really close to Singapore, it is only 45 minutes ferry ride to Singapore. That's why i plan to have it repair in Singapore instead of other Care Centre that is quite far in my home country.

I had a blackmarket samsung galaxy s3 and got rejected in their service centre in my country. Maybe it's because it is not Indonesia galaxy s3 and come from other country.

I am worried if same thing goes to Microsoft Devices Care Centre.

But my Lumia 950 is not blackmarket, i bought from its official retailer/seller (Erafone)

Thanks

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear that you need repair on your device.

Have you contacted the Microsoft Care Center in Singapore and asked them?

bobby_inggas

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
You're welcome. I hope you are able to get your phone fixed quickly and easily.

They have responded my email, but it's quite confusing for me.

"Thank you for writing Microsoft Mobile Device Support.
In response to your concern, please be advised that you have the option to send the phone to our authorized Care Center in Singapore. However, since the phone was purchased in Indonesia, there is no guarantee that your phone will be fixed due to the hardware that is only limited in Singapore.
Please be informed also that we do not have an International warranty."

And this is their second response.

"Thank you for your response.
We would like to inform you that our software and hardware is country dependent. However, you still have the option to bring the phone to our authorized Care Center in Singapore for checking and our technicians will assist you further.
As of the moment, we only have one authorized Care Center available in Singapore."

Do you know what it means with "hardware that is only limited in Singapore" and "our software and hardware is country dependent" ?

Thank you for your big help :)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If they needed to flash your phone and it is not compatible with the Singapore CV ROM, then they could not flash it. That should not be needed. Although I would recommend that you reset your phone and leave it at setup screen to protect your personal information, remove any memory cards as well.

About the parts... That sounds more like a possible board replacement problem... Again, I don't think this applies to your case.

You only need a gasket. That should be universal to all variants of your model. No warranty since it is foreign in origin. They should be able to replace the gasket if they have one, but would charge you.

You could also contact the retailer who sold you the phone and seek their advice. They should honor a warranty for you, but you may have to pay shipping... No way to tell until you speak with Erafone.

Good Luck.

bobby_inggas

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
If they needed to flash your phone and it is not compatible with the Singapore CV ROM, then they could not flash it. That should not be needed. Although I would recommend that you reset your phone and leave it at setup screen to protect your personal information, remove any memory cards as well.

About the parts... That sounds more like a possible board replacement problem... Again, I don't think this applies to your case.

You only need a gasket. That should be universal to all variants of your model. No warranty since it is foreign in origin. They should be able to replace the gasket if they have one, but would charge you.

You could also contact the retailer who sold you the phone and seek their advice. They should honor a warranty for you, but you may have to pay shipping... No way to tell until you speak with Erafone.

Good Luck.

Yeah, i realize if they don't have any spare gasket for me then a whole middle cover replacement will be needed. Am i right ?

Lumia 950 Middle Cover.jpg

But, is a middle cover considered universal ?
Or is there many different variant of it ?
I mean, can they apply Singapore middle cover on my Indonesia Lumia 950 ?

I will also try to contact Erafone regarding this issue. But Singapore Care Center is still my main option as i am moving to UAE for the next 2 years in 30 days. hopefully Erafone shipping will take less than a month.

I had searched the web and UAE Micosoft website but couldn't find any Microsoft Care Center in UAE.

Thank you so much for your respond. it helps me more in understanding the way Microsoft Care Center works.

Big thumbs for all of you :)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would think the only internal differences possible would be on the circuit boards. Every variant of the 950 is the same size and configuration of ports, sensors and openings. Backs and frames should all be universal, yes.

bobby_inggas

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
I would think the only internal differences possible would be on the circuit boards. Every variant of the 950 is the same size and cnfiguration of ports, sensors and openngs. Backs and frames should all be universal, yes.

I see :) I will take it to Singapore and hopefully they have a ready stock gasket or middle cover.

Thank you so much :) such a great help

bobby_inggas

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Hello Bobby, can I ask whats the update on your phone? I have a similar issue to yours. It wiould help be greatly, thank you

I am currently working in UAE and i sent my phone to Axiom Care around a month ago (from what i searched through the web, it's the only one who would accept Lumia repairment in UAE officially). They promised me that they will repair my Lumia 950 by replacing the middle cover with a new one since they don't have any spare part of the rubber gasket (the rubber gasket is always attached to the middle cover). it took them almost 14 days to finish the repairment. but i was cheated, instead of replacing the middle cover somehow they managed to stick/place a rubber gasket on it which looks really similar to the original rubber gasket on the other back microphone. it costed me around AED 250.

But anyway, i think it doesn't really matter to me anymore after i read this below link.

Muted left channel audio: the first real Lumia 950 design flaw, fixed!

they didn't stick it precisely, the ring covered half of my microphone hole. i tested it by recording when a strong wind blowing and it absorbed wind noise lesser than the other back microphone. i think it was because it was covered half by the ring. but when i tested it to record voice, it absorbs voice lesser too than the other back microphone. So there's a good thing and bad thing with this new rubber gasket aside being cheated. i tested them by listening through handsfree.

Did you peel off your microphone rubber gasket too ? does it impact your recording quality ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon