09-18-2017 11:57 AM
32 12
tools
    After having a 950 since launch I was getting lots of battery drain, so I just replaced the battery. Immediately got only 10% battery drain where I'd previously got at least 30% or 40%. Could be worth a try!
    libra89 likes this.
    03-12-2017 07:33 AM
    where did you get the battery and how did you replace it? is it easy?
    03-13-2017 08:03 PM
    Some things to consider when battery drain rears its ugly head.

OneDrive sync - are you sync'ing photos all the time? Playing music from OneDrive?

Email sync periods (1hr, 30mins, push) = push sync's all the time since it supposed to be immediate. Also check People contact sync periods.

Display on = probably the most egregious culprit. Try limiting screen on times and also brightness

Notifications = the more apps you have to notify you of stuff the more it drains

Cellular connectivity = also a big drain is when the phone tries to retain a cellular connection. You could turn off cell data and location. Both are big drains. Turn location on as needed only.

Background sync and apps = try to limit these as well

Battery Saver = enable at higher battery percentage, example: 80% instead of at 20%.

Full wipe with Windows Device Recovery Tool. Do not restore from backup. Start fresh.

Carry a larger battery pack and extra USB-C cables around and chargers. I have a 30,000 mAh battery pack with USB-C port and quick charge 2.0, and extra charge/sync cables. Remember to charge early and often. And remember to bring them with you.

I also have car chargers as well.
    03-13-2017 08:56 PM
    After having a 950 since launch I was getting lots of battery drain, so I just replaced the battery. Immediately got only 10% battery drain where I'd previously got at least 30% or 40%. Could be worth a try!
    Same here but phone would randomly shut off, even when charging. Att didn't have anymore batteries, obviously, so they sent me a whole new phone with a new battery.
    03-13-2017 11:08 PM
    I was on cellular data for 3 hours and texting and multitasking and my 950 went from 98% to 31% and feels like a stove right now... Wtf 318 sucks
    I have had the lumia 950 for more than 1 year. The heat issue is normal for a Lumia phone. I am only using the phone for calls and email. I use my iPhone 7 for everything else.

I also had a battery drain issue. I managed to buy a new battery and now battery life is very long.

If you want to use the Lumia 950 for social media and youtube then heat issue will never end. When I use youtube the phone become extremely HOT!!!!
    08-25-2017 07:46 AM
    My battery life has never been great on the Lumia 950, and I think it's gotten even worse recently. I can only get about 4 hours of total battery life if I have about 30 minutes of total screen time on a single charge. When Microsoft dropped the price on the Idol 4S last week, I ordered some for my parents because they both need to replace aging Windows phones, but I ordered one for myself because this battery issue has gotten so bad.

The problem mostly seems to be due to the power used by the screen, but it also is a big problem when searching for a cell tower. I've taken two interstate in the past few months. Without using the phone, the battery drains about 35 - 40% per hour while driving on the highway. When I realized what was happening on my first road trip and enabled airplane mode, the rate of battery drain slowed to about 5% per hour.
    09-05-2017 04:10 PM
    Have heat issues too, it is related to the hardware I think (2yrs old). But with 15252 and latest Skype it seems to have improved slightly.
    09-18-2017 11:57 AM
32 12