Does Mozo covers protect the display of the 950?

SL2

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
The way I see it, if you drop a 950 with a Mozo cover and one of the four front corners hit the ground first, it won't be the cover that takes the hit, it will be the thin black frame around the display, potentially cracking it. The same goes for the XL.

Do you agree?
Mozo-Case-Lumia-950-XL-Review-7-1024x683.jpg
Mozo-Lumia-950-White-06.jpg

Last edited:

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Pretty sure those covers are more for style and feel.

I agree. I did not buy the Mozo back cover to protect my phone, I bought it for aesthetics.

The best protection for your phone is you.

I did purchase, before the Mozo, a Tudia case/cover on EBay that was more for protection. It seemed well made and fit nicely, though bulkier than the Mozo.

SL2

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
IThe best protection for your phone is you.
It's not that simple, it wasn't my fault that my 1020 hit the ground and cracked the screen. You can't predict every possible scenario and think that you're the only one who can break the phone.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
It's not that simple, it wasn't my fault that my 1020 hit the ground and cracked the screen. You can't predict every possible scenario and think that you're the only one who can break the phone.

Accidents will happen, but the only way to fully protect your phone is to be very, very careful. I find most people are not and then get upset if the screen breaks when it's dropped on concrete.

Anyways, as stated earlier, I would not recommend the Mozo cover for protection.

SL2

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I just don't know which case to get. A good glass screen protector may be more important for now.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I don't ever get cases or anything. What is the point of all these phone makers making thin phones and making them beautiful if you just cover it up. I usually just take extreme care of my phone. I never use it with one hand, doesn't matter what the size is. I put it down in areas I know it will be safe. I always think about where I put my phone and what could happen if it's in a bad spot. The only protection I got is the Microsoft Warranty. This gives me some peace of mind but doesn't mean I'm going to be careless with it. I protect it like I would protect any other investment that I put a lot of money into.

Now a nice looking case you can get is the Jack of Spades which MS sells. They have all sorts of premium looking cases.

https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Jack-Spade-Wrap-Case-for-Lumia-950-Varick-Gray/productID.327800500

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm more into the phones' personality

Yah like my friend and I were laughing when I said to Cortana "do I need a coat". And she gave me the weather which was -20Celsius at the time and suggested I don't need to wear a coat. We started calling Cortana evil and that she will eventually turn into skynet and try to kill off all humanity. She's slowly already starting to act the part. We tried various variations with words like "winter jacket" "jacket" etc.. She wants me dead. Great personality!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon