thinking about the 950

ep1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting a 950 has it settled down ? and is more stable now,in light of windows phone would you buy one today.
always liked the platform. but will need maps with turn by turn

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, it's improved since launch significantly but ehhh... it'll work. I wouldn't get one but that's just me. I'm a stickler for reliability and size. It does have some nice creature comforts I wouldn't mind too.

Turn-by-turn is present in the form of Maps but if you need more, well you don't have many options.

On the other hand, the camera is top notch as long as it works.

grayskale

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site
I waited till May this year (2016) to get it - and the price was lowered a bit to my budget - the latest updates continue to stabilize the phone further.

It depends on what you're using now - i was from 930 (dropped it and the screen died) - then to 830 which was fine but needed a better camera - the 950 is everything the 930 should have been - except for the build materials - better get a casing for it as the defaultt shell feels a little fragile.

Maps isn't too bad - i tried navigation once - works as intended - but the compass only activates during navigation.

mlbrowninsc

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Totally depends on what you use the phone for. Mine is fast for what it can do but I still use my 6s as my daily driver. There is just too much functionality missing in Windows mobile for me to use it as my main device.

Camera is about the only thing I believe it really excels at. Hopefully at some point that will change.

blackburberry

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting a 950 has it settled down ? and is more stable now,in light of windows phone would you buy one today.
always liked the platform. but will need maps with turn by turn

DS950
As a primary device? Maybe not so much AT THE MOMENT but it is a lot of fun and the OS has some features that hold a lot of promise.
What I like especially is the promise continuum holds. The record a call feature, camera, dual SIM, microSd, and the ease of use setting up exchange accounts. Hell, even tiles is growing on me and the [swappable]battery life is very, very good.

The OS annoyances are minor to me, but the most annoying to me is that outlook calendar can't be searched, at least I can't see a way.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
My 950 is my main device. I own a 640, a Moto G, and a Blackberry Classic. The 950 fits my needs best, though everyone is different.

I think the best thing for you to do, if you can, is purchase one that has a return policy. That way you can test it for yourself and return it if you find it is not suitable.

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
check my forum post last link with link to get 950 at great price http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-lumia-950/400471-website-purchase-your-lumia-950-a.html

I got mine from there, then I sold it when there was BOGO free deal to someone who wanted 950 but couldn't afford, then my neighbor and I went for the BOGO deal ,I took 950 he took the XL( have small hands) no worries, great phone, forget the trash talk, best Lumia around and with price for new one ranging 300 can't go wrong

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
would the 640 be better/ I know the spec are not the same is it more stable.?

I don't consider the 640's or 950's hardware to be "more stable" than the other inherently.

You're getting less phone for a lot less money though. Get it if you want to save money and don't need Continuum, don't need the fancy camera, Qi, etc.

If you're so bent on "stability reliability and more stability" you may just want to get an iPhone. Those are as foolproof and bulletproof as phones get these days.

ep1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
If you're so bent on "stability reliability and more stability I'm not so bent but don't want to restart all the time either.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you're so bent on "stability reliability and more stability I'm not so bent but don't want to restart all the time either.

It's possible to get a defective model of course, but yea I don't think there's enough evidence to say one is superior to the other by any significant amount.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes