09-23-2016 03:20 PM
64 123
tools
    My AT&T 950 got the update on the 23rd! Finally! So far so good no complaints. Has anyone here with the AT&T 950 not received their update?
    08-25-2016 08:19 PM
    I keep forgetting to check my gf's 950 to see if she got the update. I know she is gonna ask me about new features etc, but I've been on the Preview Builds so I can't even remember what is supposed to be 'new' from her perspective. Will have to point her to the AU for mobile recap on this site.
    08-25-2016 11:29 PM
    Originally posted by mrweerez
    My AT&T 950 got the update on the 23rd! Finally! So far so good no complaints. Has anyone here with the AT&T 950 not received their update?
    You got an update, not updated firmware.
    maevinj likes this.
    08-26-2016 02:24 AM
    You're correct sir. I'm referring to the anniversary update.
    08-28-2016 12:31 AM
    I spoke to customer service via chat and they said it's in the process of rolling out. I was very specific about it being the firmware update. They said it's based on the birth data of your phone whatever they serial number is (forget the name). That is all they had to say. So no one got a firmware update yet???
    08-30-2016 08:01 AM
    I spoke to customer service via chat and they said it's in the process of rolling out. I was very specific about it being the firmware update. They said it's based on the birth data of your phone whatever they serial number is (forget the name). That is all they had to say. So no one got a firmware update yet???
    Not here... and I could really use it. :(
    08-30-2016 08:46 AM
    no one has mentioned it receiving it, and at&t cs doesn't have the greatest track record with Windows phones...
    08-30-2016 10:28 AM
    The general response I get when I visit an at&t store and inquire about Windows Phone is: "Oh you don't want one of those! Have you checked out the latest iPhone/Galaxy Phone?" It was about that time that I discovered Windows Central to keep up on anything Windows Phone. :)
    08-30-2016 09:00 PM
    I honestly have never had an AT&T employee or even Verizon try steer me away. Surprising huh?
    08-30-2016 09:07 PM
    no one has mentioned it receiving it, and at&t cs doesn't have the greatest track record with Windows phones...
    I can't imagine that AT&T would actually need to "roll" out a firmware update for the 950. It probably accounts for ~0.1% of their users so that would just seem silly.

Still no update for me.
    sinime likes this.
    08-31-2016 11:12 AM
    I can't imagine that AT&T would actually need to "roll" out a firmware update for the 950. It probably accounts for ~0.1% of their users so that would just seem silly.

Still no update for me.
    well, the thing is, if the phone NEEDED it to fix severe issues AND there was a larger user base, then we would have had it already.
    If anyone followed how AT&T handles Windows phone firmware, then this wait is no surprise....
    Travis Flenker likes this.
    08-31-2016 02:18 PM
    Anyone here anything on the firmware update? Sure would like to have double tap back.
    09-06-2016 09:52 AM
    Anyone here anything on the firmware update? Sure would like to have double tap back.
    Still nothing. Will not be buying any more AT&T branded phones in the future.

Rethinking sticking with them as my carrier - I get that they want to test firmware before it's released, but this was months ago and their reps repeatedly give wrong information about when to expect it.

I'm guessing, as others have stated, they just say whatever need to in order to end the conversation. Terrible customer experience. "I don't know nor can I get that information", while frustrating, is a much better response than a lie.
    09-06-2016 10:14 AM
    I'm guessing, as others have stated, they just say whatever need to in order to end the conversation. Terrible customer experience. "I don't know nor can I get that information", while frustrating, is a much better response than a lie.
    This has always been the issue.... and something most people do not realize. CS is there as front line support. they handle the "my phone isn't working" or "my service isn't working" They may get info on "popular" devices, if a press release mentions it (in the case of the Galaxy line) but normally, no one knows about firmware until it's released :(
    09-06-2016 12:14 PM
    Hey guys, I have an AT&T Lumia 950 with the latest Anniversary Update SW. I just hooked it up to WDRT and I noticed that it shows older software but there is a newer firmware out there. Have you guys noticed this?

Or do I have really old firmware myself (I did all the updates and I have always been on Release Preview ring).

Or is what's displayed on WDRT older firmware that I am not reading right (I thought the number is higher than mine.)

lumia950_wdrt.jpg
    sinime, libra89 and JohnStrk like this.
    09-09-2016 11:41 AM
    Hey guys, I have an AT&T Lumia 950 with the latest Anniversary Update SW. I just hooked it up to WDRT and I noticed that it shows older software but there is a newer firmware out there. Have you guys noticed this?

Or do I have really old firmware myself (I did all the updates and I have always been on Release Preview ring).

Or is what's displayed on WDRT older firmware that I am not reading right (I thought the number is higher than mine.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lumia950_WDRT.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	130271
    Ermagherd, that's the new firmware! Maybe it will be released OTA in the next day or 2???
    I'm on the same firmware listed on your device, 01078.00038.16025.39033...

Sent from mTalk
    dashrendar likes this.
    09-09-2016 11:50 AM
    Great, thanks for confirming!

But why does it still have the old OS on their servers? I thought AU and the new firmware complemented each other.

Didn't AU get released to AT&T devices as well? Why doesn't WDRT show that?

By the way, the WDRT is not displaying my OS version properly. My OS build is: 10.0.14393.105
    JohnStrk likes this.
    09-09-2016 11:53 AM
    That's a little puzzling to me as well. I am on a preview build (jumped off a couple of weeks back), but thought the ATT950 was already on the AU (10.0.14393.xxx)
    09-09-2016 11:59 AM
    I installed it and upgraded back to au. Works better. Wifi way more stable
    09-09-2016 07:09 PM
    I'll wait a wee bit longer....I just hate waiting for my phone to restore it's backup.
    09-09-2016 10:54 PM
    Well I could not wait. Nice to have tap to wake again!
    sinime likes this.
    09-10-2016 12:34 PM
    I'll wait for the OTA update as well, hopefully it won't be long.
    09-12-2016 03:45 PM
    I decided to use WDRT to install the new firmware while I watched football over the weekend. I then updated to the AU .105. WiFi issue is now fixed. The phone heats up less than it did, but still can get very warm when using Edge. Overall phone seems about the same but I don't have to restart it several times a day to get my wifi to work anymore.
    JohnStrk likes this.
    09-12-2016 10:48 PM
    Any issues using maps navigation and bluetooth? Does it freeze when connected to bluetooth? This is the biggest frustration for me.
    09-13-2016 01:20 PM
    I don't think that I'm having any Bluetooth issues, but I haven't used it enough to say for sure. WiFi has been great.

I did get some weird directions in the Maps app (it was telling me to go past my destination and then make a u-turn to come back to it). This happened within the first hour of having updated my phone, so it may not have indexed the downloaded maps yet. I haven't had any weirdness since then.
    09-13-2016 07:24 PM
64 123