Possible Camera Issue?

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, I think I'm having a weird camera issue with my 950. Do any of you have this issue? At random times it appears to be taking differed size images, all WITHOUT me changing any of the settings. Most of the pictures it takes are 5344 x 3008, but randomly and without warning several in a string from the other day are merely 1920 x 1080. Also, at least one other I took is 2976 x 5312. Da fuq?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
When you say the resolution sizes change... Are you taking them off the phone with the same method? USB to PC transfer?

Certain "sharing" methods may downscale.

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
When you say the resolution sizes change... Are you taking them off the phone with the same method? USB to PC transfer?

Certain "sharing" methods may downscale.

One of the images in question shows up on the phone as follows:
wp_ss_20160912_0003.jpg

And it's the same story in OneDrive:
OneDrive.jpg

Very strange. I have absolutely no idea what's going on here. As I said, I never changed any settings and subsequent photos have come through at the regular resolution.

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The post shows that there can be reporting errors depending on what is being used to read the exif (meta data encoded with the picture).

Suggestion: take the "different sized" pictures off the phone via USB and look at them on desktop. Right click the picture > properties > details... If it still shows an off size than it is the pic and not the method used to look at the size on the phone.

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
The post shows that there can be reporting errors depending on what is being used to read the exif (meta data encoded with the picture).

Suggestion: take the "different sized" pictures off the phone via USB and look at them on desktop. Right click the picture > properties > details... If it still shows an off size than it is the pic and not the method used to look at the size on the phone.

Ah, that makes perfect sense. So, I just hooked the phone up to my SP4 and pulled the suspect images off. Lo and behold they appear as 1,920 x 1,080 on the desktop as well. This is a head-scratcher to me, but with computers that doesn't take too much, LOL.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon