New Owner

austriak

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
My company uses windows phones due to being able to lock them down better than other OSs. They just upgraded my phone from the HTC one m8 windows edition to the lumia 950. Personally, I prefer the HTC. Too bad windows 10 wasn't on it.

I experience more standby drain than I did with my HTC. It will lose 8 to 10 percent over night. My HTC would lose maybe 1 or 2 percent. Is that normal?

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
My company uses windows phones due to being able to lock them down better than other OSs. They just upgraded my phone from the HTC one m8 windows edition to the lumia 950. Personally, I prefer the HTC. Too bad windows 10 wasn't on it.

I experience more standby drain than I did with my HTC. It will lose 8 to 10 percent over night. My HTC would lose maybe 1 or 2 percent. Is that normal?

I always charge my phones overnight so I'm not sure. I do now, when I owned a 950, it didn't have the greatest battery life but was adequate to get me through the day.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Most of users suffering from the faster battery drain in w10m as compared to win 8.1m.

So, keep your mobile update at time.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
1. Make sure you're in the latest version. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Updates > Check for Updates
The latest build as of this post is 14393.1066 but come April 25 you should receive the Creators Update build 15063

2. Check your Privacy settings
Settings > Privacy > Feedback & Diagnostics > Windows should ask for my feedback > Never and Diagnostic and usage data > Basic

3. Check background settings
Settings > Privacy > Background apps > Turn off any app that you do not need to run in the background.
Make sure to keep Messaging, Mail & Calendar, Alarms & Clock on otherwise you won't receive notifications from them.

4. Go to Settings > System > Display > make brightness appropriate to your preference.

5. Make sure battery saver is turned on

HTH

el_mono70

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I charge my 950 before I go to sleep each evening. When I get up in the late morning its usually around 92%, give or take a few percent. I'm no expert but that sounds similar to my experience.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I charge my 950 before I go to sleep each evening. When I get up in the late morning its usually around 92%, give or take a few percent. I'm no expert but that sounds similar to my experience.

.. If my phone is fully charged, I'll toggle off to offline, ie no data nor wifi when I go to bed. Doesn't lose much charge at all

... !!

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I turn off all except cell data. Even location is disabled, if the phone is not totally locked down. Lasts for most of the day. I charge it overnight. I do have a battery bank and extra cables with me just in case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon