No Longer Getting Text Alerts

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Until a couple of days ago, everything had been working fine on my L950. Suddenly I'm not getting text alerts, I'm not getting the new text icon on the screen, no vibration when a new text arrives, no text sound. Any suggestions on what to check? I've looked at Settings/Notifications, but didn't see anything unusual. No OS/FW updates recently. I have installed/uninstalled Garmin and Fitbit sports bands, and tried to optimize my battery usage.

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
A little more info on this, if I have my messaging app open, i get the alert tone when a new text arrives. If I've got my phone open on the start screen, I don't get an alert, nor do I see anything on the Messaging icon showing a new text has arrived. When the phone is locked, no notification, no icon appearing when a new text comes in.

neutropia

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
Going to ask the stupid basic questions since I have limited knowledge here: When you go to the "Notifications & Actions" settings I assume the "Messaging" app is turned on and the global settings up top are correct? When you click on the app's name to view the more detailed options does everything look proper? Last thing I can suggest; try turning notifications off and back on. You can even go above and beyond and turn them off, power cycle, and then turn them back on.

My FB Messenger app was doing the same thing and cycling the notification option seems to have fixed it for the time being. I hope it's something simple and this helps!

tyaniz

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I noticed after my last update that the default messaging app was switched from Microsoft Messaging to Skype. So although I had my notifications set for Messaging, it wasn't working - even though I could still manually open and check the app. GO to settings for Messaging and check if the default is MICROSOFT MESSAGING. :)

PFSP

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
I am seeing a similar problem. I do get the icon on the lock screen but no sound/vibrate. Additionally my alarms app shows "You need to change your notification settings to ensure that your alarms occur as expected" However everything seems to be configured properly in notification settings.

I have tried a soft reset but no luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes