Lumia 950 random reboots - Unorthodox Solution

Choco_Lab

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Excellent, RugheCotone. I'd already bought an ebay one that seems to be fine, but I may still order one from Palco.

Only snag now is that when I fire up my camera, my phone instantly dies. And it won't even start back up with power button -- I have to remove and replace the battery. It's not every single time, but often. My Onedrive is 99% full and I *think* that's what is causing it, because when I deleted some old junk it stopped doing that... but this afternoon it did it again.

Obviously seems more like a software glitch than a battery problem in this thread, though.

truesouls92

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Thank you so much for this solution, I truly appreciate it. I no longer need a new battery for now and its working normally. Funny how my previous phone, Nokia Lumia 810, has the same battery for the past 3.5 years while the my Lumia 950 lasted only 1.5. Yes I am aware of the different specifications for both phones (i.e. display: 480p vs QHD) but I was still disappointed that the phone would randomly reboot around 30%. Thanks again!

mikewarner

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Blimey! And knock me down with a feather ....

For the last month my Lumia 950 has been rebooting sveral times a da. The other day it went into a loop of rebooting and finally exhausted the battery.

I have been looking on forums to see if other users had experienced severe rebooting and what technically I could do to fix the issue. I also tried to establish if there were apps causing the issues but to no avail.

Now, my Lumia 950 is a little battered - it has been dropped - and there is flexibility in the cover these days. Little did I think an ill-fitting battery would be the cause of all my problems. Having found this solutions I though "... what do I have to loose? ". So, I tried it and was sceptical.

Wow!! For three days no reboots at all. Also, a battery that last all day long - which seems to imply it's being fully charged now (where as it probably wasn't previously). Quite frankly it's like having a new phone!

So, in the 21st century replete with smart phones and gadgets along comes as solutions that requires a pair of scissors and some paper. You couldn't make it up!

A big thank you to Luis for posting this solution. Its made my day.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I've never needed this, but it's good to know, just in case. Thanks, Luis, for taking care and time to contribute this. Maybe the BEST second post I've ever seen.:cool:

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
So, everyone that tried this solution can confirm that it works? This is fantastic! I will save this because I have bought a new Lumia 950 and I know this problem can appear.

In the other hand, does anyone know where can I get an original Lumia 950 battery for replace? Just for have another option if it comes necessary.

Thank you very much.

SultanOfSwingYa

Dec 3, 2018
Visit site
So, everyone that tried this solution can confirm that it works? This is fantastic! I will save this because I have bought a new Lumia 950 and I know this problem can appear.

In the other hand, does anyone know where can I get an original Lumia 950 battery for replace? Just for have another option if it comes necessary.

Thank you very much.

Hello All
I am glad to report that this fabulous method works!!!!
My Lumia 950 has been in the drawer for the last 3 weeks waiting for a battery I ordered from China.( note here yet)
I tried the trick with the papers today . Works. No shutting down / reboot and what not.

Hands down for the OP.

Cheers.

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
Hello All
I am glad to report that this fabulous method works!!!!
My Lumia 950 has been in the drawer for the last 3 weeks waiting for a battery I ordered from China.( note here yet)
I tried the trick with the papers today . Works. No shutting down / reboot and what not.

Hands down for the OP.

Cheers.

Thanks to report your experience! I'm glad to hear the method help you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon