Xbox Music too expensive on Xbox! Free on Windows 8, Phones and Windows RT ?

iHuGi

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
WTF is this ? Microsoft is a joke.

How is Xbox Music Free on Windows Phone 8, Windows 8 AND Windows RT like Surface or Ativ and NOT ON XBOX... ITS CALLED XBOX MUSIC.

This company has come too far with its horrible decision im really getting sick of it.

I have to buy 120$ to have a Year of the Service Plus 60$ Xbox Live Gold... Such a joke it should be free to all Gold Users Both Video and Music.

Once spotify comes to Portugal i will be using it unless Xbox Music its free when i buy Windows 8 Pc This Summer.

Another Thing, Can i play Musics that are saved on My Pc on Xbox Music ?? Or the only Music i can play there is the Music i have there ? Because i?d better use Zune or WMP to play my music if Xbox Music doesnt allow me to play musics thar are saved on my Pc for ages.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to make an assumption here. There is a difference between Xbox Music the app and Xbox Music Pass the subscription. On the PC, tablet, WP, etc you can open the Xbox Music app just fine and play your existing music no problem. Try to find new music, as part of the subscription service, and you only get samples until you pay.

The Xbox is different. If you have music on your Xbox from USB or ripped from CD, you can easily play from the Xbox Guide's built-in player. Xbox Music app on the Xbox seems to be built for those using the subscription services, not to play their existing music, so you may be stopped short if you aren't paying.

Xbox Music Pass, as a subscription service, is not free anywhere... Although there is a free trial on Windows 8 that can be activated, I'm just nor sure how to do so. I imagine that if you are in the trial you can also access from the Xbox but I'm not sure if that's true (i.e. Perhaps there are restrictions)

P.S. I prefer Zune to Xbox Music BY FAR. I use my Zune Pass/Xbox Music Pass with the Zune player on my PC all the time.

Mister Gore

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Xbox Music is free for new Windows 8 users I believe for the first 6 months, then it will go to normal like all the other platforms.

Snowy Nokia

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Free, yes. Full pass no. It's givin as a 6 month pass for free streaming on PC. 10/hours a month.

Just something to test the waters and get you hooked 😊

IceDree

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Its not free on Windows Phone (The Music Pass) ! You only get a 30-DAYS FREE TRAIL , After that you have to pay a monthly\yearly subscription !

Gambit11B

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't know where you get your information, but XBox Music Pass is NOT free for anyone (after a 30 day trial). However, I believe that if you're already paying out $$$ for an XBox Live Gold membership, XBox Music Pass should be included (or at least deeply discounted) because I cannot justify giving MS another $10 a month.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
You cant actually download music to your xbox even with xbox music pass - you can queue up albums to stream and thats it - xbox music pass will let you download unlimited albums to pc, tablet and phone for the subscription fee but its limited to 5 devices. You can then use the "play to" feature on smartglass to stream downloaded music from your device to your xbox

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
It has far more value than iTunes, unlimited seamless streaming across all MS devices (except Windows mobile) and you even get HD music videos on Xbox and W8 for a low monthly or yearly fee. iTunes only allows this on an a-la-carte basis.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon