06-07-2013 10:53 AM
47 12
tools
    Market share for mobile, browsers, operating systems and search engines | NetMarketShare

Chrome may go below 10% when this year ends as Firefox and IE keep rising and at fast pace.
    Jazmac likes this.
    06-01-2013 12:39 PM
    I cannot believe this, wow. Chrome is really good, better than IE IMO. I don't think the share will drop for it. I expect Firefox or opera to lose a lot.

For the more tech minded people who visit w3schools, it has the best archive of user %

browsers
    Browser Statistics

OS
    OS Statistics

and somebody said pc is dying, puny minded ****s.
    06-01-2013 12:55 PM
    Wonder how many chrome installs are because people don't know to uncheck the box on an adobe flash update.
    WPmunkey, WPenvy, theefman and 5 others like this.
    06-01-2013 01:03 PM
    Wonder how many chrome installs are because people don't know to uncheck the box on an adobe flash update.
    Lol, have always wondered that myself.
    06-01-2013 01:15 PM
    I cannot believe this, wow. Chrome is really good, better than IE IMO. I don't think the share will drop for it. I expect Firefox or opera to lose a lot.

For the more tech minded people who visit w3schools, it has the best archive of user %

browsers
    Browser Statistics

OS
    OS Statistics

and somebody said pc is dying, puny minded ****s.
    My opinion:

IE10 > Chrome >>>> FireFox
    06-01-2013 01:33 PM
    IE 10 is my default browser (Even after years of using Chrome) , I sometimes get stuck with a website that requires Chrome and I launch Chrome do my biz and exit it immediately , IE10 however should be a monthly iteration and not a yearly one , lets hope the folks at Redmond will agree to that.
    06-01-2013 01:42 PM
    I was a Firefox user probably for a decade. With Win8 I thought I'll give IE10 a chance cos I heard it's much improved and I havn't gone back since. I did try Chrome back when I used Firefox, but didn't see anything that would've justified relearning the new software.

Now it's good that I just use IE, cos then it'll work nicely with fe. my Surface RT or perhaps the upcoming Xbox One that are more or less forced to using IE anyways, so I can have websites etc synced.
    06-01-2013 01:50 PM
    IE10 however should be a monthly iteration and not a yearly one , lets hope the folks at Redmond will agree to that.
    They do update monthly... it happens on the second Tuesday of every month.
    06-01-2013 01:54 PM
    Every once in a while I try to use Chrome, but always end up going back to IE.
    06-01-2013 04:14 PM
    Every once in a while I try to use Chrome, but always end up going back to IE.
    How do You cope with all those ads? I was pleased with IE speed and flow and i'd love to use it over my FF but those damn ads... They're everywhere. I downloaded some of those tracking protection lists but it doesn't do the job as i expected.
    Using my FF most of ads (say 99%) are blocked, sites are clean and there are no blank spaces in between.
    Is there any way to do it in IE?
    06-01-2013 04:27 PM
    This is a comparison of actual browser usage.
    06-01-2013 04:29 PM
    How do You cope with all those ads? I was pleased with IE speed and flow and i'd love to use it over my FF but those damn ads... They're everywhere. I downloaded some of those tracking protection lists but it doesn't do the job as i expected.
    Using my FF most of ads (say 99%) are blocked, sites are clean and there are no blank spaces in between.
    Not really. You'll be stuck with those blank spaces, but it doesn't bother me. As long as sites are fast, I am happy.
    06-01-2013 04:32 PM
    Okay, i can live with blank spaces but what about ads? Are TPL the only way to block them? Or are there some hidden adblock addons that i missed while researching IE? Those TPL available on IE site are no good for most sites i use.
    06-01-2013 04:41 PM
    Okay, i can live with blank spaces but what about ads? Are TPL the only way to block them? Or are there some hidden adblock addons that i missed while researching IE? Those TPL available on IE site are no good for most sites i use.
    I think they have adblock and others available, but they are mostly paid. That's why I just stick to TPL.
    06-01-2013 04:42 PM
    I don't mind most ads. I realize that websites need to make money.

I don't like pop-up ads though. Yuck. Get out of my way.
    Villain, Bartdog and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-01-2013 04:48 PM
    This is a comparison of actual browser usage.
    I am aware of that. Just an observation on my part.
    06-01-2013 05:02 PM
    I use adblock plus, request policy and ghostery in Firefox. I haven't found anything like those for IE yet.
    Last edited by Laura Knotek; 06-01-2013 at 05:32 PM.
    06-01-2013 05:11 PM
    If you could install Adblock Plus for IE10 i'd swap from Firefox... But I simply cannot put up with those ads on Youtube etc... Forcing you to watch a 30 second video before you can see the content you want.

No thanks google.
    06-02-2013 03:17 AM
    Exactly, there is nothing you cant download from the internet these days which doesn't have Chrome attached to it. Saying that, for those with XP I advise them to install Chrome or Firefox but IE has come a long way since IE9. IE10 is awesome and so will IE11 but perception is a problem especially when the majority of sites are coded for IE8 and Webkit browsers. Its a good thing that Google are going to fork away with Chrome, it will perhaps force developers to code for web standards rather than particular engines and this will be good news for IE10+
    06-02-2013 03:23 AM
    Ie10 is amazing, lets see what IE11 brings to the table.
    06-02-2013 08:15 AM
    Ha ha true!

On the flip side, I wonder how many people use IE because it comes by default on a PC.
    06-02-2013 11:52 AM
    Ha ha true!

On the flip side, I wonder how many people use IE because it comes by default on a PC.
    That depends on country. In Europe people need to pick a browser when they set up a new PC. What is the Browser Choice update? (KB976002) - Microsoft Windows
    06-02-2013 01:26 PM
    Ha ha true!

Unless they are somewhat of a techie, or have a friend that has turned them on to alternative browsers, probably a good many. I know a lot of my friends didn't even know they had chrome on their computer. Much less what it was and asked if it was ok to uninstall it when I told them what it was and how they got it.
    06-02-2013 02:04 PM
    IE was terrible......about 7 years ago. But IE8 was a real turning point, IE9 was even better but IE10 is fantastic and eats chrome for breakfast. It is so fast in my windows 8 computer. Its easy to use and very fluid. I have never liked chrome, these days it is very insecure what with googles past and current record of privacy issues. In fact Microsoft are emphasising security in their ads in the UK probably aimed at google. I will admit with IE10 there is room for improvement, flash player needs to be standards on the non desktop version and the touch input for some websites needs improvement, but I think they are coming in windows 8.1, so yeah. I can see why chrome is loosing its market share. firefox is good as well.
    a5cent likes this.
    06-02-2013 02:49 PM
    I've been using Chrome for several years now and it has been a great browser. IE10 is much better than previous versions but it still lacks a good development tool. The code inspector is great in Chrome but quite archaic in IE. As a web developer, I can't avoid Chrome until Microsoft makes an equivalent developer tool.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-02-2013 03:04 PM
47 12