9 Ways Windows Phones Still Absolutely Crush The iPhone

thomas wojcik

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I can't believe it took two idiots to write a story that bad. These days no one crushes anybody, they are all just slightly different choices that work well.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe it took two idiots to write a story that bad. These days no one crushes anybody, they are all just slightly different choices that work well.

Someone writes something positive about WP for a change and people still find problems with it? The reasons mentioned weren't a stretch by any means, and while "crush" may be a strong word the article still highlights why WP has advantages over iPhones.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you didn't read it.
From the article:

NOTE: Before you go nuts in the comments, let's be clear. We're not saying Windows Phone is better overall. We're not saying iPhone is better overall. These are just individual things we think Windows Phone does better than the iPhone. That's it.

thomas wojcik

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Of the 9 items they list i don't come up with any that allow a person to say a windows phone crushes an iphone. Any of the top phones (android, apple, windows) are really all pretty much the same. It just comes down to an individuals taste at a particular point in time. The title of the article is very misleading and the content of the article does nothing to back it up.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Of the 9 items they list i don't come up with any that allow a person to say a windows phone crushes an iphone. Any of the top phones (android, apple, windows) are really all pretty much the same. It just comes down to an individuals taste at a particular point in time. The title of the article is very misleading and the content of the article does nothing to back it up.

Everything you noted is pretty much true.
Of course, they could always say that a Lumia 920 will crush an iPhone...literally.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Good article, it does point out a lot of good things that Windows Phone can do better than the iPhone.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Finally someone outside of WPC realizes what we've known for at least 2 years now. Of course I can list more than 9 but that's just me.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone seems to be a true diamond in the rough. While I personally don't really like the "Why X phone is better than Y phone" articles, I would take a Windows Phone any day over an iPhone. I have a lot of confidence that the platform will continue to experience solid growth and gain some real market share.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
WP is more practical & user friendly compared to others. I donno why they forget to mention this one.
P.S. - Don't start a caps lock war over this post of mine, its a practical fact am stating after using multiple OSes.

A side note - WP's are least interested in doing a catfight over patents, rather more interested in capturing the market share.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
WP is more practical & user friendly compared to others. I donno why they forget to mention this one.
P.S. - Don't start a caps lock war over this post of mine, its a practical fact am stating after using multiple OSes.

A side note - WP's are least interested in doing a catfight over patents, rather more interested in capturing the market share.

I don't see why people would argue your point, I agree with it. :)

I own devices using iOS, Windows Phone and Blackberry and i don't own but i've used a few Android devices.

Windows Phone is by far the most easiest to use for those who are new to smartphones, but then again i got used to my first touchscreen device a few hours after i got it.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't see why people would argue your point, I agree with it. :)

I own devices using iOS, Windows Phone and Blackberry and i don't own but i've used a few Android devices.

Windows Phone is by far the most easiest to use for those who are new to smartphones, but then again i got used to my first touchscreen device a few hours after i got it.

If I were to post something like, "No way, OS 'X/Y/Z' is the best OS ever built, it has everything you need, it can even do the dishes and cook food while I am lazing on my bed, while WP8 can't even move my TV or feed my cat"
That kind of post would have attracted attention from WP Lovers, since I posted in the favor of WP8, I *will* attract attention from competing OSes and I don't want a word war over it :p.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Maybe because it's not 100% true? I'm not arguing from a different OS perspective, I own a L920. Yes for the most part WP is OK. However there are things that make it impractical as a portable office device which is what I normally use my phone for. Case in point, emailing of documents, it's not, from my perspective, practically handled. I'm sure there are other things but that's the one that bugs me the most.

Other than that. Good read. Nice to see some positive news for a change. Let's hope WP8.1 ups the ante.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

I agree 100%, IF you're just using the phone as intended. When I went from Android to WP, I soon discovered that common tasks I was used to doing could not be done natively in WP (orientation lock, emailing documents, wifi hotspot for examples). I could sometimes get it done, but with a complicated workaround. Practical? User friendly? Far from it! On a higher level WP is easier to use, but I found that once you start getting into it deeper that the learning curve is greater.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I think live tiles are much more practical that just plain old icons.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon