Planning to buy a Windows Phone

Sir Cake

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Good Day!
Since my HTC Evo 3D is running slower and slower, and I'm really excited about WP, I'm planning to buy a WP Phone. It should cost between 150-270 ? and have a HD Display.
Anyone of you have suggestions or recommendations? Thanks in Advance!

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
well depending on your price range, just get a 920, solid, should get the next upgrade(firmware wise), big memory...yep its a solid option

Last edited:

afnan_mc

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
If you're into Windows Phone there's no question of whether you should go for Nokia or any other manufacturer.
The only reason I could recommend the 8X would be its design and lighter weight. (The 920 is quite heavy, but you get used to it.)

Sent from my RM-821_eu_sweden_235 using Tapatalk

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I guess it will depend on who's your carrier, what's available to you and your personal taste. I for one don't like having a giant phone in my pocket. This is why I chose the 822 over the 928 . I'm on Verizon btw.

Sir Cake

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Well, carrier doesn't matter for me because in Germany it's completely different from the carrier system in the USA. :smile:

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I'd also say the 920. Like others have said, the only downside (to some) is it's weight. Doesn't bother me at all though, you get used to it anyway and I like how solid and well built the phone feels. The 925 is basically a less heavy version of the 920, but you lose the built-in Wireless Charging, it has a different feel to it due to it being slimmer and the aluminium and it's probably priced over your budget.

820 and 720 are also great phones, but lack OIS and have lower res screens and camera. You can upgrade the storage by adding microSD cards in these though. The HTC 8X is a very nice phone, but you get much more in the way of support and apps with Nokia, which is why a lot of people prefer them.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Sir Cake can you write a list of the features you need/want and we can try to help you more based off that?

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Sure!
What it should have:
- A good Display
-Windows Phone 8
-A good Camera and good sound
That are my most important aspects.

Well, I have the 920 and it ticks all of the above. The 925 is also an option, but is a little more expensive. The 1020 has a fantastic camera, but is even more expensive.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Sure!
What it should have:
- A good Display2
-Windows Phone 8
-A good Camera and good sound
That are my most important aspects.

from your spec list i would agree with most here that you cant go wrong with the L920, or the L925, the 925 is the better of the the two phones in as much it has the better camera, and lighter weight, although my personal preference is the 920, the weight is a non issue and way over blown in regards of the 920, however the 925 has the extra lens for the camera and does out perform the 920 especially in low light pics, as far as sound goes are you referring to play back sound or recording sound, the 925 has better playback sound but the 920 has better sound recording ( just my opinion of course ) if you want the best camera, display and sound recording then go with the 1020, of course this is just my personal opinion and others most certainly disagree with me lol, if cost is high on priority list the best bang for the buck is most likely the 920

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
well either 920 or 928(if you do not scream for 4g lte) would be the best options if you do not have enough to spend for 1020. I am leaving 925 behind because it has half the storage, only 16GB unless you buy it from Vodafone in case which it has 32GB. Anyway, if you buy it from Europe try to get it unbranded, or flash it with unbranded rom. good luck.
I have chosen 928 despite I cannot get 4g lte on gsm networks, I don't need 4g, but it has xenon flash

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Good Day!
Since my HTC Evo 3D is running slower and slower, and I'm really excited about WP, I'm planning to buy a WP Phone. It should cost between 150-270 € and have a HD Display.
Anyone of you have suggestions or recommendations? Thanks in Advance!

The 720 is the best lumia you can get in your price range...its battery life stands far out from any Windows phone and it has an excellent camera (much better than the 820).

If you want something that is the most comfortable to hold and use with one had, go for the lumia 620.

From left to right: lumia 520, 620, 720, 820, 920

2013-10-19_19-50-44.png

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
my understanding is the the international version of the 925 has 32 gb only the US version came with 16 gb, at least that what i understood, i believe the OP stated they were in Germany so storage should not be an issue, also i don't believe the 928 is available except in the US, also regarding the ativ s this is not a bad phone and it does have a few advantages over the other phones, but i just couldn't get over how "cheap" this phone feels in the hand (opinion of course)

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
regarding the HTC 8X, this is not a bad phone, but the all the Nokia 9xx series vastly out perform it, its camera is good but not great beats audio( which i've never thought as anything more than gimmicky) only works with plugged in head phones, but the biggest problem with this phone is the lack of support for this phone, which is a shame because HTC really could have done great things with WP if they'd just commit to it, even Samsung does better in supporting their devices, but nobody tops Nokia for product support on a WP

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac