Do you guys have cases on your Lumia or go naked ?

farhanmariz

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I have a case and applied a screen protector for my Lumia 720. It provides me with some grip and protection from falls or scratches for everyday usage. Plus, it helps to bring up the resale value.

For the record, I'm using IMAK Quicksand series case and Nillkin HD clear screen protector. The case is one of the best out there - thin, light and also very grippy with the 'sandpaper' texture. As for the screen protector, it's very clear and doesn't have the rainbowy effects as seen from other cheap screen protectors - feels like not using a protector at all. Both were bought online for a total of USD13.

Speedygi

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I find it so interesting that something seemingly minute like protection for your phone has become an actual important decision for most people these days...I remember how I didn't care about cases back in the feature phone days...how times have changed...

Pieter Wolff

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I have a case and applied a screen protector for my Lumia 720. It provides me with some grip and protection from falls or scratches for everyday usage. Plus, it helps to bring up the resale value.

For the record, I'm using IMAK Quicksand series case and Nillkin HD clear screen protector. The case is one of the best out there - thin, light and also very grippy with the 'sandpaper' texture. As for the screen protector, it's very clear and doesn't have the rainbowy effects as seen from other cheap screen protectors - feels like not using a protector at all. Both were bought online for a total of USD13.

As I got a free wireless charging plate+shell with my Lumia 720 I usually got one of the wireless shells on. I purchased a few with different colours but find them not very good for protection. But I wont go naked, just too risky....

Speedygi

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
For some reason I have no idea why Nokia doesn't release official cases for the Lumia 625, as that thing is just the most slippery phone ever. A friend recently told me his sister broke the screen on his lol.

Sent from my RM-941_apac_sea_203 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kristoffer Newsom

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
920, Skinomi screen protector only. I work in a wood and metal shop doing product development, prototyping, and small-scale manufacturing. I drop it often. I beat the hell out of it. It needs no case. I've even intentionally tossed it over my shoulder onto a brick floor because I'm simply not worried about breaking it if it falls, and I LOVE watching iPhone people cringe when I do so. Fools. They know NOTHING of material sciences!

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I've l820 white. I use cubix ultra thin back cover and a matt screen guard ever since i bought the mobile. Still I would love to have it naked.. But im afraid as Im quite careless. My phone has fallen a few times. And got a scratch on the screen guard. Is there anyone using 820 naked and still withstand falls n misuse like me? If so I'll throw away the case n screen guard... My matt screen guard is really reducing the screen resolution. But since 820 doesn't have gorilla glass im afraid to remove it..(it has scratch resistant glass;may be equivalent to gorilla or atleast a monkey :p )
I want my naked sexy 820.. Can i throw away the case n screen guard??

Speedygi

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I've l820 white. I use cubix ultra thin back cover and a matt screen guard ever since i bought the mobile. Still I would love to have it naked.. But im afraid as Im quite careless. My phone has fallen a few times. And got a scratch on the screen guard. Is there anyone using 820 naked and still withstand falls n misuse like me? If so I'll throw away the case n screen guard... My matt screen guard is really reducing the screen resolution. But since 820 doesn't have gorilla glass im afraid to remove it..(it has scratch resistant glass;may be equivalent to gorilla or atleast a monkey :p )
I want my naked sexy 820.. Can i throw away the case n screen guard??

You could, if you are really careful with your phone, which I reckon isn't a problem for most people. I am the most clumsy phone user and I don't get a scratch mostly on my phone, so I think for most it's no problem.

Jmac28040

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't like to mess the Lumia design, but on my 920 I used the Nokia branded silicone case. It matched and fit well enough you couldn't tell it had a case on it

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to ask - has anyone ever dropped their 920 on to a hard surface while having a back shell type case on the phone?

If so did it sustain any damage?

CrockettGTO

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 928 black. Minisuit case and screen protector. Had a white one and dropped it on my second day of ownership. Dented the lower corner where the screen meets the back shell, had to use emery cloth to get the burr off.
Got a replacement for other reasons and after that scare, now have a case and screen film on at all times.
I realize it kind of takes away from the sleekness, I always try to find the slimmest case possible. I can't stand making a sleek and thin phone all blocky, but I always find that when I want to sell it used I almost always sell faster and get more when I've had a case and film on it.

kalo88

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to ask - has anyone ever dropped their 920 on to a hard surface while having a back shell type case on the phone?

If so did it sustain any damage?

I had the genuine L920 cover on mine when it flew out of my hand, half way across the room, into the vending machine and landed on a hard tiled floor.... Picked it up and not a scratch.

Speedygi

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
If I'm getting a Lumia 925 soon, I would get a case for it for sure...too precious to leave it without a case...*hint hint...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes