The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
02-13-2015 08:32 AM
417 12345 ...
tools
    Nokia.that was the only reason.but now I really like the os experience after a month with 1520.
    Last edited by akthelonelyman; 04-06-2014 at 09:59 PM.
    snowmutt likes this.
    04-06-2014 08:11 AM
    Was a winmo user then went android. I just needed some change after all these android years so went with wp. Now I use both and love them both. Main phone though stays with wp

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    04-06-2014 08:23 AM
    Before using Nokia Lumia 920, I used Nokia N82. I love Nokia and I thought that having Windows Phone is like having Windows OS on my phone with the ability to manage files, and fire up a command prompt to use telnet :P
    snowmutt likes this.
    04-06-2014 08:50 AM
    To me, android OS is a mess. It take user a lot of time to find out which software fit their demand. And because the OS is open so the manufactures have to fix a lot of bugs. And with the same price WP devices run smoothly a lot than android device. IOS is a different story. Apple's products are luxury,cool,fashion for different level. I used to use ios,android,wp devices.

Sent from my RM-996_apac_vietnam_200 using Tapatalk
    04-06-2014 09:13 AM
    when wp7 was launched, it had a cool UI, but i was like okay, nice UI and all, but im not interested in what HTC and samsung had to offer hardware wise those days.. so i dismissed it ..

my first phones where Nokia(apart form a Sony in the mid earlies :P).. so i grew up with that Nokia logo on my phones, and it just feels weird without it .
    although im no photographer, im still a sucker for good cameras. so i tend up wanting to have the best of the best. so naturally i was stuck with Nokia phones for a long time. 6650==> 6630 == > N73(awesome phone)==> 5800==>e72==>N8.

and when Nokia decided to detch Meego, i was a bit sad, but still optimistic, coz i did like the WP UI/stability/speed, and it had plenty of apps in its store(compared to symbian and the newly born meego). so thats that..

i got a Lumia, and ever since Nokia was innovating, and Microsoft slacking.. when microsoft went and bought nokia, it felt like my WP days are numbered :( ..

come Build 2014, plus the Microsoft developer AMA in reddit yesterday for WP9.(or wp8.2).. and hope is back again :), how did microsoft slack in the mobile space, when its already few years late to the game was beyond me .

so yea, im happy with the 1020(just changed it to a yellow cover 30 mins ago :D), learned that Miracast is a no go :( .. but meh..

my last wish is to have the Nokia logo printed on the elusive 1080(and for it to be real :P ). and to actually own it :D
    04-06-2014 09:38 AM
    My first wp was the lumia 800. When i saw the commercial of the phone i just loved the new, fresh and minimal style of the phone, to wp os was wonderful for me. I went to the store to check it out and i just fell in love. I loved the tiles, the colors the built quality and the camera. Before the L800 i had the xperia mini and i hated it from the first time... it was so buggy and too fat. Unfortunately my L800's screen was shattered and it would almost cost the same as to buy a new L920 from the internet.

I never liked the iOS, way too expensive, the design not my style and its way too colorful and cheerful in a very bad way for me, but its stable. And the android just a big unstable mess.
    04-06-2014 09:50 AM
    I had the choice at work between Apple, Goog, BB, and WP. I wanted to try WP and ended up loving it. Didn't love the LG hardware tho. Got a 920 a year ago and I'm a Nokia fan for life. Flat out the best hardware on the market and completes the OS beautifuly.
    snowmutt likes this.
    04-06-2014 10:02 AM
    because on my iphones everytime we get a new update its becomes slow and i hate the fact that my apps took more than 4 seconds to start up and TILESSSSS, i mean come on its so different and also at the time i really wanted a yellow phone(lumia 920)
    snowmutt likes this.
    04-06-2014 10:20 AM
    I bought my first Windows Phone because I wanted something new and different. Also didn't want my dad tracking my phone constantly anymore. Lol. I had an iPhone 4. Didn't have any music on iTunes so I wasn't really attached to iOS.
    04-06-2014 10:42 AM
    Basically this my first smartphone, before this what I had was Sony Ericsson W550i. Then when I thought of buying a smartphone, as expected my friends advised me to go for an android, they were like "It has free games and apps". Surely that wasn't enough to convince me.. Then I looked up the internet, first I did give the Xperia L a serious thought as I had Sony before as well. But then seeing so many androids everywhere made me sort of nauseated. Then I saw the Lumia 720.. At first I was afraid to jump into an OS which neither I nor any of my friends had any knowledge of.. Also I was kinda scared to buy it, as i had no idea if this was a good idea. Then I saw the 520, It was a basic phone. Cheap, but only cost-wise not quality-wise. So I thought I'll buy this instead. If I don't like I'll buy another phone after a while. After I got the phone my first reaction was the awesome build quality it had for just 9k. As soon I turned it on, I fell head over heels in love with the UI. Now I can't even think of leaving this phone, let alone the OS. Plus 8.1 has ensured that I never even think about it.
    snowmutt likes this.
    04-06-2014 10:46 AM
    1. In my country India we love Nokia.it's tradition in most of the families to have a Nokia phone.
    2. I wanted smooth and secured environment.
    3. I hate to again and again scan my phone with a heavy anti-virus app.
    4. I love design.i just change my cover and it matches my dress.
    5.It is good and attractive to have something different then others.
    04-06-2014 11:48 AM
    Because i wanted phone which i could trust and which wouldn't lag when i need it, aswell i love the design of it, aswell wanted something new after failure called "android"
    snowmutt likes this.
    04-06-2014 11:52 AM
    1. I won't buy from Apple (no iOS).
    2. I didn't like Android on my Droid Incredible, nor did I trust HTC's software support.
    3. Xbox LIVE gaming (Achievements)
    4. Live tiles > Android pages (better UI)
    5. Price ($50 for 920 and wireless charger, $150 for Galaxy S III/HTC One X without wireless charging).
    snowmutt likes this.
    04-06-2014 12:20 PM
    My wife broke her N4 so I gave her mine and grabbed a $100 L810 on a whim about 6-months ago. Mostly just to try the ecosystem as I was beginning to get annoyed with Google stuffing Google+ down my throat. A ton of things I like with WP, but I'm still on the fence about staying. The miracast news is hitting me hard, if the top spec'd hardware on WP isn't good enough for new and interesting innovations... I've already given up hope of a well supported selection of wearables to stay WP. The value proposition isn't getting better. I'll give WP at least until Note4 launch most likely.
    04-06-2014 12:27 PM
    Needed a quick (cheap) replacement for a broken iPhone. Grabbed a 521 and never looked back.
    04-06-2014 12:33 PM
    Cheaper than iOS, slicker than Android, and being new to the smartphone scene (and honestly not wanting to get too deep into that abyss anyway!), missing out on some apps really doesn't bother me.
    BritDad and Kashan Osama like this.
    04-06-2014 01:24 PM
    Hated the look of iOS 7; just couldn't get on with it at all. Won't touch Android with a bargepole.

It was either Blackberry 10 or WinPho 8 - and it obviously wasn't going to be Blackberry.

I wasn't expecting it to blow me away, but WinPho 8 turned out to to be brilliant, I actually love it!
    snowmutt and mjrtoo like this.
    04-06-2014 03:22 PM
    Nothing new to add here. I was drawn to it (Samsung Focus S) due to wanting something different, just loved the way it worked. I have yet to look at another OS and think:

:...awwww, I wish I had that!!"

So long as I don't, I am all in.
    mjrtoo and fatclue_98 like this.
    04-06-2014 04:20 PM
    Nothing new to add here. I was drawn to it (Samsung Focus S) due to wanting something different, just loved the way it worked. I have yet to look at another OS and think:

:...awwww, I wish I had that!!"

So long as I don't, I am all in.
    Well put, I've had other OS's, WP I like the best.
    snowmutt likes this.
    04-06-2014 04:24 PM
    Literally woke up on Valentine's Day 2011 and said "I need a Windows Phone". Ordered a Samsung Focus that moment, never looked back.
    04-06-2014 04:55 PM
    I got a WP because of the ecosystem made too much sense:
    1) I was already familiar with the Windows operating system
    2) I liked the automatic syning between systems, one entry and it's done; make an entry in the desk top and it appears in the laptop, tablet and smartphone or make it in the smartphone and it appears in all the others; saves a ton of time and regardless of which form factor you are with you can depend on having the information you want when you need it.
    3) I liked the color choices which were so different from anything else.
    4) I liked the size of the phone (1520) and what it brings to the table
    5) I liked the price
    6) And the technology would with keep up with what I needed it to be.
    7) And even the apps; yep, the apps; it has all I need and more.
    8) And did I say I love it because it is Windows.
    QilleRz, mark233 and snowmutt like this.
    04-06-2014 04:57 PM
    Quite simply the design of the OS and Nokia's hardware design. Perfect match and much more of an individual thing. I owned a couple of Android devices but just didn't get on with them. iPhone has never appealed to me from a hardware perspective and the OS is too closed off.
    04-06-2014 06:46 PM
    I decided to buy a Windows Phone because at the time iPhone was the be-all and end-all here in Australia and I genuinely wanted a phone with a point of difference. I was upgrading from a Nokia 5800 Xpress Music. Windows Phone 7 had just launched and my carrier at the time Vodafone had the HTC 7 Trophy. I remember being so excited and fascinated with the tiles. Fast forward 4 years and I'm now the owner of a Lumia 1520.
    04-06-2014 07:11 PM
    i had many phones with andreoid but again all them were not satifactory, had with android lot of issues from the typical the application is not responding want to stop close or wait till gps systems (NDRIVE) which fails in adquire satellites and etc just a total mess or the famous facebook widget that never got updated with my lastest news from friends so just on december as present i got a Lumia 820 also by my brother experience with another lumia just my experience with windows phone been very positive, only just lack applications but is not a microsoft or nokia fault, just the platform need to grow up and catch attention from developers, in fact i just with windows phone i had no problems with suddenly closing apps and GPS that do not work properly well that is mostly a nokia strenght their offline gps that just works and is the cartography precise, ndrive even made drive in wrong way one time and the camera app in general nokia could not done better choice for a world of smartphones than use WP as OS.

windows phone just works as should and that counts and do not fail or have unexpected problems with applications,
    snowmutt likes this.
    04-06-2014 07:33 PM
    Nothing. I bought a Nokia.

Windows Phone just came attached to it. I didn't chose the OS.
    Last edited by DJCBS; 04-06-2014 at 08:33 PM.
    flyingsolid and Aniket Bhat like this.
    04-06-2014 07:37 PM
417 12345 ...