07-05-2014 12:01 PM
45 12
tools
    i love WP, always have but seeing my friend's moto G i was really tempted to move to Android specially after knowing that it would get the L update
    Get the Moto G, then. It's obvious that you are interested in it. If it meets your budget, then do it!!!

Once you've used WP, nothing else compares. Android bells and whistles only hide the fact that it has no real style or substance. Yeah, there are more apps, but the OS is crappy in the long run. The grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side.....

I'm sure you will return to the WP fold at some point.
    07-03-2014 12:00 PM
    You can wait for a couple of months. I own a l520 too and gonna switch to l730 or 830, when either gets released. Cuz my friend owns a Moto G too, and seeing that it hasn't yet got the 4.4.3 update, it's pretty hard to say it will get the L update or not. Android feels boring to me, that's why I chose wp over it. If you feel that apps and games are less on wp(which is definitely not true), you can take your chances with Android. Cheers.
    07-03-2014 12:16 PM
    You can wait for a couple of months. I own a l520 too and gonna switch to l730 or 830, when either gets released. Cuz my friend owns a Moto G too, and seeing that it hasn't yet got the 4.4.3 update, it's pretty hard to say it will get the L update or not. Android feels boring to me, that's why I chose wp over it. If you feel that apps and games are less on wp(which is definitely not true), you can take your chances with Android. Cheers.
    moto G n moto X will get L, it's official i guess
    07-03-2014 12:44 PM
    Get the Moto G, then. It's obvious that you are interested in it. If it meets your budget, then do it!!!

Once you've used WP, nothing else compares. Android bells and whistles only hide the fact that it has no real style or substance. Yeah, there are more apps, but the OS is crappy in the long run. The grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side.....

I'm sure you will return to the WP fold at some point.
    hope Microsoft comes out with a nice mid range device soon...720 is an option but a risky one. i doubt it would get updates for long and it runs on same hardware as the 520.
    07-03-2014 12:52 PM
    moto G n moto X will get L, it's official i guess
    I don't know dude. I just binged it on my phone , and the first result that showed up was this. http://www.asianage.com/technomics/m...oid-l-fake-826
    07-03-2014 01:38 PM
    You have to estimate the future to make buying decisions of durable goods. Your advices is nonsense.

What if iOS 9 and Android 6 aren't backward compatible? That would be stupid too.

Please don't spread FUD, if you are frustrated get over it.
    Not spreading FUD. It certainly doesn't have more FUD-like tendencies than the "go for it dude! WP is kewl!" slaps on the back.

It is part of prudent decision making. Though I don't expect you to understand the advice that I gave to the requester.
    07-03-2014 01:46 PM
    I would like to hang on to my windows phone becaue of the voice activated features but i will probably dump it for something else soon unless they can come up with a way to get the voice activated answering system to quit reading off all the instructions. I have used it 500 times, just need it to beep and let me give the instruction to read it, ignore it or im done. I don't need someone to give me the instructions every time and this is a major flaw in the voice activated feature which I love.
    Otherwise, I will go to the Note 3 or something similar that also does same thing.The colors are great though, Ilike that part of it and although to me the phone isn't my favorite type of phone, I can live with it if they fix that voice feature and tune it up.
    07-03-2014 04:21 PM
    ^what do you mean by reading instructions?
    07-03-2014 04:51 PM
    reading out messages
    07-03-2014 05:20 PM
    Motorola stopped the rollout of 4.4.3 for their devices due to an OpenSSL bug found in that version of Android. It has been fixed in 4.4.4 and Motorola will be rolling that out to the Moto G and Moto X shortly.
    07-03-2014 05:45 PM
    Microsoft has a history of dumping products they made biggest one being zune and wp7
    And Windows Mobile....

Microsoft has stated every WP will be supported for 36 months. While I realize "supported" is not the same as "updated to next major OS version", I submit to you no company except Apple has done that either. BlackBerry 10 dumped all other BBOS users, and every new version of Android leaves about 8 out of evey 10 Android user out in the cold. Most of the low end and mid range Android devices do not get upgraded to the next Android version, only top end flagships and a few top sellers do.

So, do not let upgrading decide for you. Focus on the best device you can afford and what you want it to do.

I suggest making a three column list:

-What do you truly do with your phone, and can not live without?
    -What you like to have as features on your phone, but don't use that much and could live without.
    -What do you really not need, never use, and could care less about?

Then, line up the devices you are thinking about and see which device has what boxes checked where. Then, get the one that has the most boxes checked in your first 2 columns.

I hope it is the Windows Phone. If not, I certainly wouldn't want you settling for something that won't work for you. But if it is, who CARES what your buddies Moto can do???
    07-03-2014 06:23 PM
    I'm very loyal to Windows Phone. This time next year, Threshold will be the talk of the town.
    The way I look at it, "I really-really don't want an android, but I really don't want an IPhone. So, Windows Phone is the only thing that's left."
    07-03-2014 08:41 PM
    using nokia lumia 520, can use it for at least 16 hrs, longest time 2 days, doesn't like android, etc nokia X, max only 1 day, min 7 hr
    with me it hardly lasts 4-5 hours with heavy usage
    07-03-2014 10:00 PM
    And Windows Mobile....

Microsoft has stated every WP will be supported for 36 months. While I realize "supported" is not the same as "updated to next major OS version", I submit to you no company except Apple has done that either. BlackBerry 10 dumped all other BBOS users, and every new version of Android leaves about 8 out of evey 10 Android user out in the cold. Most of the low end and mid range Android devices do not get upgraded to the next Android version, only top end flagships and a few top sellers do.

So, do not let upgrading decide for you. Focus on the best device you can afford and what you want it to do.

I suggest making a three column list:

-What do you truly do with your phone, and can not live without?
    -What you like to have as features on your phone, but don't use that much and could live without.
    -What do you really not need, never use, and could care less about?

Then, line up the devices you are thinking about and see which device has what boxes checked where. Then, get the one that has the most boxes checked in your first 2 columns.

I hope it is the Windows Phone. If not, I certainly wouldn't want you settling for something that won't work for you. But if it is, who CARES what your buddies Moto can do???
    window phone does full fill my needs but as a device moto G is quite tempting. If Microsoft comes out with some comparable budget device, i would be more than happy to stick with windows.
    snowmutt likes this.
    07-03-2014 10:05 PM
    Microsoft has a history of dumping products they made biggest one being zune and wp7
    Every tech company has a history of dumping products. Let me repeat that. EVERY tech company has a history of dumping products. That includes Apple and Google.
    07-04-2014 01:19 AM
    Though I absolutely love my WP. But sometimes it really frustrates me. Compare the quality of apps. twitter has never been updated. Same fro intsagram beta. Lack so many features.
    FB app sucks big time. No real feed. Even the mobile page is bad compared to android.iOS.
    It seems apps are just namesakes... No big cos bother about WP.

Even MS has killed the concept of hubs which was so unique about WP. and they are not releasing any new phones.. How is that helping WP ecosystem...

I am holding onto my WP but not sure how long I can given all these facts..
    07-04-2014 01:56 AM
    After trying and using all ios and droid! I was getting bored and wanted something new and fresh! I picked up a L800 and thought Wow......been here since.
    Again you could asked your family and friends , but you know what they'll say..........be yourself, be different! I know I wouldn't wear the same clothes or like the same music.?
    07-04-2014 02:02 AM
    Every tech company has a history of dumping products. Let me repeat that. EVERY tech company has a history of dumping products. That includes Apple and Google.
    not the way Microsoft does! zune, wp7, windows mobile!
    07-04-2014 06:37 AM
    So, you seriously think they should still be making Windows Mobile. Seriously?

not the way Microsoft does! zune, wp7, windows mobile!
    rodan01 likes this.
    07-05-2014 01:36 AM
    Only you can answer the question that you're asking. You should consider the features of Windows Phone and compare and see which one is best for you for your needs at that time, and in the future until something newer comes along.

I was on Windows Phone for 4 years and I recently switched back to Android and it sure has come a long way in terms of battery life, app stability, and speed. And I couldn't fathom why my Nokia Lumia 720 was slightly bigger than my Sony Xperia Z1 Compact when the Sony would outrun the Lumia 720. Phones just seem to have bigger specs and bigger dimensions instead of having good specs with small dimensions.
    07-05-2014 12:01 PM
45 12