What is with the influx of bug posts?

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone noticed lately that there are a lot of posts about bugs and issues they have having with their phones? I know there are always bugs and people come here to ask about them, but I think there have been more than usual. Is it just because a few people are getting unlucky with their devices or does it have something to do with the recent updates?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Quite few new members have joined and the unregistered "ask a question" forum started up recently also.
More people, more threads more questions.

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
It could just be the Ask a Question forum, but im not sure. I think there is something either fundamentally wrong with the recent 8.1 updates. As of the time im posting this, these are the items in the Latest Discussion section:

• cannot delete apps on wp8.0 about 59 sec ago by derek3
  • W8 Metro Tiles Coming to Google OS. about 1 min ago by Jorge Holguin19
  • internet explorer not opening about 2 min ago by WPCentral Question1
  • Microsoft and the ongoing Privacy battles about 2 min ago by Great deal0
  • Lumia Cyan update fails at 94% about 3 min ago by Thirushen Naidoo0
  • Battery life for those who have Cyan on Lumia 925.

Some of those aren't about issues, but a lot of them are related to Cyan or 8.1 causing problems. I seem to notice it a lot more lately. Maybe it is like this with every major rollout and I just haven't been paying attention. I am sure any OS that gets an update like this will have similar issues.

It might also be due to the way they stagger the updates. Phone A gets the update, people complain about problems, and by the time they get it resolved Phone B gets the update (and it repeats).

Or its just that people have a handy forum dedicated to question asking?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Good points above...

All the posts displaying disappointment could be a feature of more users jumping to WP.
Frankly I'm not seeing the horrendous bugginess of the OS that has been bubbling up lately.

Not making excuses for MS here, yet there have of course been major changes with the company.
Seems like it's the usual scrambling to pull things in a different direction for MS with a change at the helm.
Tough balancing act for Microsoft users, employees, divisions and administration.

Again I see a lot of newbies cruising the web looking for info and see the MN "Ask without registering" they bomb a question\rant then register if they get good response.
Some are one shot ... they might get help and move on or if they don't get good answers they disappear.

All in all "Ask a Question" seems be upping the hits for all the MN communities.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon