10-12-2014 09:32 PM
64 123
tools
    ^^dont kid
    people publish apps on android because they want money by displaying ads
    android is malware ridden but its not growing as you like to think,its saturated and at a standstill
    if you see carefully the thread title mentions android and apk,so yeah android bashing should be expected
    you should go to androidcentral if you dont like others pointing out issues in your beloved android
    about youtube- are you saying google doesnt earn by displaying ads? you are seriously misinformed

allowing .apk installs = piracy ,i bet nearly all youngsters have pirated apps on android
    many devs dont develop for android because it has alot of piracy
    my own apps on android dont offer a pro version and display ads etc on android because my team thinks alot of people will pirate it anyway(we havent released the apps yet,they are snapchat like IM clients)
    we are developing and releasing it on BB10 ,WP and ios before rolling it out to android so we can recover costs
    First and foremost good luck with the application that you are planning to develop. I hope it is a massive success, I know the time and effort and frustration that goes into learning how to code and making an app, I hope your efforts are worthwhile.

The thread mentions Android as a means to help Windows Phone, bashing Android won't help the case being discussed and you'll start a flame war leading to the thread being inevitably closed.

No OS is without it's faults and flaws, Android is is no exception but you say that developers "don't" develop for Android because of piracy, that is simply wrong. While yes developers prefer iOS, they do make an Android port of their app and if they didn't it would be career suicide.

Piracy is a totally different issue and my solution was that Microsoft should maybe instead of giving users a free hand to install .apks, give an App Store like Amazon instead.

And as far as YouTube and Google go. Yes Google maybe Google also makes money from the ads that are displayed, but you should also realise that the person who makes the videos is also benefitted a lot too.

But Windows Phone is deficit of a lot of applications.

I never denied that Android had piracy and malware, but it's not as big of a deal as you make it out to be. Also it has nothing to do with the issue being discussed.
    10-08-2014 02:08 PM
    Because it's a horrible idea. Did It help BlackBerry?
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    10-08-2014 02:23 PM
    We don't know. It might have helped. BlackBerry might be even worse off without Android apps.

Sent from whatever device I happen to be using today using Tapatalk
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    10-08-2014 02:26 PM
    For this BlackBerry user it did. Google Maps, and Showbox are my major Android needs, and runs perfectly on the 4.3 Android runtime (BB10.3).

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android on a BlackBerry Z30
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    10-08-2014 04:28 PM
    same with my Z10,lovely phone!! i use it alongside my 720
    10-09-2014 12:46 AM
    In what world does the concept of running inefficient Java-coded apps, which don't even follow the platform design language, on top of yet another inefficient mandatory sandbox VM seem like a good idea?
    10-11-2014 09:08 AM
    In what world does the concept of running inefficient Java-coded apps, which don't even follow the platform design language, on top of yet another inefficient mandatory sandbox VM seem like a good idea?
    Windows Phone isn't inefficient and runs apps natively but in a sandbox, no VM involved.
    10-11-2014 09:15 AM
    Windows Phone isn't inefficient and runs apps natively but in a sandbox, no VM involved.
    Dude, seriously?

I am not calling WP inefficient. It's one of the most (if not THE) most efficient mobile OS out there.
    I said: Java is inefficient. Much more so compared to C# and especially C++ in which MS recommends users to write the more hardcore applications.

I also said: Those apks running on WP would have to run in a VM which would compound the Java inefficiency.
    10-11-2014 09:21 AM
    Dude, seriously?

I am not calling WP inefficient. It's one of the most (if not THE) most efficient mobile OS out there.
    I said: Java is inefficient. Much more so compared to C# and especially C++ in which MS recommends users to write the more hardcore applications.

I also said: Those apks running on WP would have to run in a VM which would compound the Java inefficiency.
    Then re read your post and you'll see why I posted that!!!
    10-11-2014 09:41 AM
    Then re read your post and you'll see why I posted that!!!
    Actually Windows Phone would need to run a VM if it wants to run on JAVA. Just like Blackberry. He said that JAVA is inefficient not Windows Phone.
    KhawarNadeem likes this.
    10-11-2014 10:33 AM
    You look like you support 4 GB devices. Are you saying we should not upgrade Windows Phone and all revert to Portico?
    Didn't see this soon enough to reply quickly, so sorry about that.

There are still phones coming out with 4GB of storage, such as the Lumia 530.

The problem is that the user experience is already negatively impacted by the lack of storage as is, and there are suggestions to add a feature that may negatively impact the viability of Windows Phone and reduces storage even further.

And, to be honest, my 630 keeps running into storage problems, largely because of my music collection, resulting in my apprehension with features that result in no tangible benefit, but have the capability to chew up large amounts of storage.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    10-11-2014 12:39 PM
    Allowing android apps to run on Windows Phone will be a slap in the face of every WP developer out there. And it will certainly kill any chance of WP developing a solid alternative image it needs. If MS goes down that road, ill personally leave and just go back to,Android. I chose WP because I like the polar opposite UI and design of what was available on Android and iOS.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    10-12-2014 02:00 PM
    Allowing android apps to run on Windows Phone will be a slap in the face of every WP developer out there. And it will certainly kill any chance of WP developing a solid alternative image it needs. If MS goes down that road, ill personally leave and just go back to,Android. I chose WP because I like the polar opposite UI and design of what was available on Android and iOS.
    and dont forget piracy and malware
    10-12-2014 09:01 PM
    I think the OP has a sufficient answer.

Let's talk about something else.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    10-12-2014 09:32 PM
64 123