Why doesn't Microsoft allow WP user to install Android apk files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
You look like you support 4 GB devices. Are you saying we should not upgrade Windows Phone and all revert to Portico?

Didn't see this soon enough to reply quickly, so sorry about that.

There are still phones coming out with 4GB of storage, such as the Lumia 530.

The problem is that the user experience is already negatively impacted by the lack of storage as is, and there are suggestions to add a feature that may negatively impact the viability of Windows Phone and reduces storage even further.

And, to be honest, my 630 keeps running into storage problems, largely because of my music collection, resulting in my apprehension with features that result in no tangible benefit, but have the capability to chew up large amounts of storage.

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Allowing android apps to run on Windows Phone will be a slap in the face of every WP developer out there. And it will certainly kill any chance of WP developing a solid alternative image it needs. If MS goes down that road, ill personally leave and just go back to,Android. I chose WP because I like the polar opposite UI and design of what was available on Android and iOS.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Allowing android apps to run on Windows Phone will be a slap in the face of every WP developer out there. And it will certainly kill any chance of WP developing a solid alternative image it needs. If MS goes down that road, ill personally leave and just go back to,Android. I chose WP because I like the polar opposite UI and design of what was available on Android and iOS.

and dont forget piracy and malware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254