11-22-2014 07:00 PM
103 123 ...
tools
    Yep, that's why they should change the title of this forum to... "Boohoo, woe is me.. I hate Microsoft because they don't work at the speed of light to reengineer their entire OS around what I WANT!"

How about all you stop boo-hooing and instead do something about it.

You want an app? ***** to the developer, start a campaign, do something...

Oh, no that's too much work for you. We should just all post on here about how "I'm done...", "I'm switching", "I don't like what Microsoft is doing.."

Man, no wonder the world is going to crap.
    11-15-2014 11:15 AM
    Very funny
    runamuck83 likes this.
    11-15-2014 12:03 PM
    Yep, that's why they should change the title of this forum to... "Boohoo, woe is me.. I hate Microsoft because they don't work at the speed of light to reengineer their entire OS around what I WANT!"

Oh, no that's too much work for you. We should just all post on here about how "I'm done...", "I'm switching", "I don't like what Microsoft is doing.."

Hey. Have you seen uservoice lately? There are several issues that MS has to fix which have been pointed out for about four years now, I'mmpretty sure the complainers are frustrated that their efforts are being ignored
    11-15-2014 12:10 PM
    Agree with the OP. I don't really come here that often anymore. It's just a constant whine-fest. Usually from users who can't use their phone properly, so they feel the need to dump on MS. I don't have any such problems. WP does all I need, for the other stuff, I use a real computer... After all, it IS a phone, not a replacement PC!!!
    11-15-2014 12:13 PM
    Agree with the OP. I don't really come here that often anymore. It's just a constant whine-fest. Usually from users who can't use their phone properly, so they feel the need to dump on MS. I don't have any such problems. WP does all I need, for the other stuff, I use a real computer... After all, it IS a phone, not a replacement PC!!!
    I like your mentality but dude you're the minority, and if MS doesn't have the complainers to push it's progress they're done for in the consumer space. People want to use their phones as computers so idk what to tell you, I mean they are computers so....
    11-15-2014 12:22 PM

I'm with you.
    +1 for Shawshank Redemption avatar
    -1 for kicking your dog due to lack of snapchat app ;)

I bought a Nokia Lumia 820 in March 2013, and it is my daily driver since then. I don't really complain about it, maybe because it is the first smartphone I've ever had in my hands. I remember that Lumias were very overpriced back then, but I wanted to try something different, so I bought a yellow matte 820! I can't stand when I see people, that complain about newest Lumias and Windows Phone 8.1. I would suggest all of them to install 8.0 pre-Portico and find out what way has Windows Phone came through since initial release of 8.0.

I'm like:
    Just stop bitchin*g around and go away. There are hundreds of reviews and thousands of opinions around the internet... Next time spend some time to make a research on something, before you buy it! ;)

PS.
    You can buy a f.... low-end smartphone with WP for just 100$ or even an old flagship (920) for extra 50$. At least you'll get future updates.
    11-15-2014 12:57 PM
    I like your mentality but dude you're the minority, and if MS doesn't have the complainers to push it's progress they're done for in the consumer space. People want to use their phones as computers so idk what to tell you, I mean they are computers so....

Hmmmm, you think whinning will get you attention at MS? NOT. Tens of whiners won't make an impression at all. Patience plus posting and voting for what you want on the uservoice site on MS will do more. Just saying.
    11-15-2014 01:29 PM
    Hahaha
    ​That's funny
    11-15-2014 01:46 PM
    lack of communication = we don't know what the hell they're doing.
    seeing their own apps on competing platforms updated more frequently than their own platform and gaining more features than found on their own = raises eyebrows.
    long dormant periods (6months) between announcements and releases = either announce something that gets released soon (iPhone, announcement > release takes like a month), or release small updates every now and then. Why build up something, then just completely throw it aside killing any momentum and hype that was built up. Paper launches are bad mmkay. Their in a distant third place, they needed to make a splash.
    Lack of any new devices or flagships = Are they even commited? You cant compare a Lumia 830 with a galaxy S5. There would be more checkmarks against the 830.
    "Just wait for windows 10" = Just like wait for mango (wp7.5), wait for WP8, Wait for windows 'blue' (WP8.1)? end result seems to be the same each time....wait for...not much.

I'd say its more venting due to frustration and the feeling that you're getting shortchanged and maybe got suckered into a possible dead end path. They already pissed off Lumia 900 buyers with the 7 and 8 transition. They annoyed anyone wanting a 920 with the carrier exclusive thing. Verizon seems to be screwing the pooch on the icon, they're ******* off some loyal fans right now with the lack of any real meaningful Skype updates, the fact that office still sucks on wp and is actually good on ios now, Cortana expanding to ios/android in the future, the OneDrive hamburger menu (I dunno about that one tbh, but it did look a bit discontinuous)....We're still waiting for the denim update (and with it WP8.1.2?) and there are still people waiting on Cyan and WP8.1.1. Theres already rumblings about things being delayed....

I think some users are just getting fed up with the waiting game. Especially with the less than stellar track record MS has.

Remember when the beta test is over? Yeah back with the Lumia's and WP7.5. Seems to me now that it was actually an alpha test then, and the beta test is just now getting started.
    11-15-2014 02:46 PM

You should stop whining and crying.
    11-15-2014 03:16 PM
    You should stop whining and crying.
    Boo-hoo-hoo
    11-15-2014 03:55 PM
    Beggers can't be choosers, I guess.
    11-15-2014 04:09 PM
    Oh lord. I admit I'm a Windows Central forum user.
    cry-me-river.png
    11-15-2014 04:53 PM
    Get what works for you and don't get sucked in by marketing which is just trying to get you to spend money you don't have to. Also, there is no perfect OS.
    oviedofreak82 likes this.
    11-15-2014 05:03 PM
    old-guy.jpg

Gee I'm happy...ain't got too many complaints at my age :)
    11-15-2014 05:28 PM
    Ha ha ha... This is the sort of attitude we should be having for our Windows (Phone) devices. It used to be fun, but has got very serious of late... Sounding the death knell every 5 minutes because of some 'off the cuff' comment made on an IT blog site, or looking at the Android market and wishing our phones were bloated like theirs, needing superhuman CPU and specs to make it run. It's all pointless. I for one don't want my phone to run my life. It's crazy enough as it is!!! A few games, a bit of music, texts, a phone call or two...

I never realised these forums were now a fourth division market analysis site, droning on and on about what MS is doing wrong, and why WP needs to copy everyone else so as to 'compete'.... Definitely should have been renamed to 'Whiner's Central'...

I would say if you need all that 'extra' or 'industry standard' (even though they aren't) functionality, you picked the wrong platform.

Enjoy the difference and celebrate what a beautiful experience using the OS is. Yes, it isn't perfect, but what phone is????
    11-15-2014 05:58 PM
    Ha ha ha... This is the sort of attitude we should be having for our Windows (Phone) devices. It used to be fun, but has got very serious of late... Sounding the death knell every 5 minutes because of some 'off the cuff' comment made on an IT blog site, or looking at the Android market and wishing our phones were bloated like theirs, needing superhuman CPU and specs to make it run. It's all pointless. I for one don't want my phone to run my life. It's crazy enough as it is!!! A few games, a bit of music, texts, a phone call or two...

I never realised these forums were now a fourth division market analysis site, droning on and on about what MS is doing wrong, and why WP needs to copy everyone else so as to 'compete'.... Definitely should have been renamed to 'Whiner's Central'...

I would say if you need all that 'extra' or 'industry standard' (even though they aren't) functionality, you picked the wrong platform.

Enjoy the difference and celebrate what a beautiful experience using the OS is. Yes, it isn't perfect, but what phone is????
    +920
    11-15-2014 06:03 PM
    Yup we can keep a good attitude in spite of...

When I get bummed I just ask Cortana to tell me a joke :)
    11-15-2014 07:24 PM
    Agree with the OP. Way to much crying going on lately.
    11-15-2014 07:46 PM
    I do think there is a lot of whining and complaining going on but there are just as much people who are making excuses for microsoft and their shortcomings as well.

I recently switched from windows phone and already I can see a vast difference. This isn't the first time I switched however this is the riser time that I switched and I have no windows phone to fall back on. I miss my windows phone but I do feel like I am actually getting more use of my phone that I never got due to shortcomings of the os.
    11-15-2014 07:53 PM
    Totally agree. I started hanging out here a bit ago and I feel like most threads are complaining. I'd much rather be discussing cool things WP can do, or have hypothetical discussions or help people with questions than complain.
    11-15-2014 07:55 PM
    Totally agree. I started hanging out here a bit ago and I feel like most threads are complaining. I'd much rather be discussing cool things WP can do, or have hypothetical discussions or help people with questions than complain.
    This guy gets it!!!

Micah obviously found that another platform would serve him better, and that's great. I know he has been a staunch defender of WP in the past, and was ultimately roasted for defending it by other users. I have no time for these people. They always know better when they quite clearly don't.
    They say that they want WP to stay as it is, then wax lyrical about features that should be added from the 'competing' platforms. Hypocrisy of the highest order!!!

WP IS a simple OS. It's just a shame that the simple minded cannot grasp the fundamentals.... Only one thing to know, if in doubt... Press and hold.... Oh look, more options.

Anyway, I will drop in from time time to check the news, and also check to see if any intelligent comments, or true help pops up in these forums.
    But basically I'm done wading through the reams of self pity and constant talk of 'flagship' devices not being available (try Android if you want the next shiny, shiny...)
    Peace and good luck to the true and helpful users on here... The word for today is FUN!!!
    11-15-2014 08:40 PM
    Thank you :) I have and still am a big supporter and defender of windows Phone.

Truth is...Windows Phone is what I want but it feels good to be on an OS that just works. Aside from still learning(it's only been 12 hours), I have not problems with usability(trust me there are quite a few annoyances of ios). I really have no clue what I am going to do and end up with but to be honest my 1520 is what I miss. This 6 plus feels tiny in my hand and it's only .5 inches smaller. And to think, I almost considered the normal 6 since it came in 64 and they only had 16 GB storage plus.

Literally I miss the ginormous size of my 1520 lol.

Back onto WP, the OS is simple. The os is great. It's beautiful and I absolutely love it. But spending time in the Att store with Android phones, I realized

One....I hate Android royally. It just bothers me. I played with the Galaxy Note and aside from an AMAZING screen, the phone still feels laggy as hell despite being a high end product.

But Two....The OS just works and it goes above & beyond what we can do on WIndows Phone.

Same with IOS.....There are little small things that I don't even think was relevant(i'll be making a few posts on various things I'd love to see on Windows Phone from IOS) until I saw them on IOS.

That's the point I am trying to make. I am probably one of the biggest Windows Phone fans on this site. I even outright give Lumia/Nokia/MS more leeway than they deserve sometimes because I truly want to believe in MS that they know what they are doing and I truly want Lumia to be the best. I don't like that I am having to choose better enriched and integrated software over my preferred UI and hardware.

I can deal with low quality apps(and let's be real, WP apps are lower quality in a lot of cases). What I can't make excuses for is Windows Phone's shortcomings and the wait till this update, wait till that update. Windows Phone 8 will save us, Windows Phone 8.1 will save us...Windows 10 is a gamechanger.

HTC is going to get the OS on point(LOL at that).

I am not saying that I am staying with IOS. In fact up until 2 hours ago, I was saying that I want my 1520 back. And I still do but the moment I stopped missing my WP, I realized that this OS works(I just hate the UI...I miss my tiles).

Windows Phone does so many great things. I miss IE....But I refuse to use Chrome or Firefox so safari it is. Yet so many things feel so half-baked.

The notification center bothers me on WP....redundant and over excess of notifications. It bothers me less on IOS because you can do more with them.

There is so much whining on this site but to be honest, I don't even BLAME these people. For the last 2 years I have been an avid Windows Phone supporter and a Lumia fanboy and I will tear ANY OEM apart that I think is not beneficial to the OS.

As of today, I still am the same Lumia fanboy but even now I am starting to ask myself "What am I defending? It's Potential and possible future? Because where I stand now, WP is the 3rd place OS and that's exactly how it looks and feels and performs sometimes. It was an underdog in the WP7 days, it was the one you wanted to root for in the WP 8 days and presently, it's the OS that just seems like it really has no clue what it is doing or how to do it."

I don't whine or complain like a lot of people do. I don't really care as much about Microsoft supporting Android and IOS. I'd prefer they stick to WP and Windows of course but I'd rather them make money then pull a Blackberry and wait till it is too late(See BBM) to do something. But I want them to make sure THEIR OWN os is in tip top shape BEFORE going elsewhere.

But I am not one to sit here and lie to myself about the great things WP does...because for all the greatness it does and its beautiful OS, Microsoft doesn't even treat the OS like a priority nor do they have any real sense of urgency to fix stuff faster(see Xbox music). And I believe we as a WP userbase are holding on more to the idea of being the Anti-Droid/IOS team(hipsters basically) that a lot of us are basically lying to ourselves instead of realizing that these people whining may be annoying but there is a lot of truth to their words.

And it is those same people who will likely leave the OS and unfortunately go over to IOS or Android. So instead of calling them out and trashing them, how about we all as a community and userbase rally together not only to kick some developer ****(So to speak) but to demand that Microsoft start hearing us.

Apple is a company I respect and I am starting to open myself up to an alternative......If IOS manages to actually completely lure me away(I no longer have a windows phone so I don't have a safety net anymore) then I'll be sad but what can I do.

Still nothing can top Surface yet...of course if they come out with touch screen macs, then we can talk :D
    I haven't tried xbox music or onedrive just yet nor
    This guy gets it!!!

Micah obviously found that another platform would serve him better, and that's great. I know he has been a staunch defender of WP in the past, and was ultimately roasted for defending it by other users. I have no time for these people. They always know better when they quite clearly don't.
    They say that they want WP to stay as it is, then wax lyrical about features that should be added from the 'competing' platforms. Hypocrisy of the highest order!!!

WP IS a simple OS. It's just a shame that the simple minded cannot grasp the fundamentals.... Only one thing to know, if in doubt... Press and hold.... Oh look, more options.

Anyway, I will drop in from time time to check the news, and also check to see if any intelligent comments, or true help pops up in these forums.
    But basically I'm done wading through the reams of self pity and constant talk of 'flagship' devices not being available (try Android if you want the next shiny, shiny...)
    Peace and good luck to the true and helpful users on here... The word for today is FUN!!!
    F3rzz, vgfr, Silence#WP and 2 others like this.
    11-15-2014 09:41 PM
    I respect your comments, but lets be real here. Pick up a Windows Phone 7 (Samsung Focus?, Lumia 900?) and compare it to current Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2, and tell me straight faced it's not a massive, major, insane improvement.

So, to say MS hasn't done anything just isn't completely honest.

Perhaps they haven't moved at the pace you've wanted, or made the changes you expected - but no one can legitimately say they haven't put a lot effort into this platform.

Also, do the same comparison of that phone with the apps available vs the apps today.

Point being - all the trends you'll see are in the right direction.
    11-15-2014 10:19 PM

You, my friend, have won the internet
    Geddeeee likes this.
    11-15-2014 10:33 PM
103 123 ...