Lizard Squad promises to shut down Xbox live "forever" on Christmas

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
From what little I've heard, Lizard Squad consists mainly of a bunch of script kiddies. Some may have access to bot nets and such, but they aren't really known in the hacking community to be a group of real hackers. I think the claim that they could shut anything big down "forever" kind of reinforces that.

It will be annoying for a few hours though. Or maybe sporadic issues over several days.

alb3530

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
From what little I've heard, Lizard Squad consists mainly of a bunch of script kiddies....

.... I think the claim that they could shut anything big down "forever" kind of reinforces that..
I've also heard that about them.

They mentioned Steam and EA recently on their Twitter, probably referring to the recent unavailability of those services, but nothing so direct...

to_be_announced

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
They shutdown Xbox Live a few days ago. I believe it was Friday or Saturday night. So I know they can do it. Now, their claim of "forever" is a bit questionable, but I sure hope Microsoft is preparing for this so that they're able to prevent the attack from being an extended one.

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Lizard Squad promises to shut down Xbox live "forever" on Christmas

They promises to shut down xbox live forever... *turns off xbox and pulls out gameboy color* life goes on.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
DDoS attack most likely, like any of their other "attacks" they've done. A nuisance, which means we should find something other than Xbox Live to do that day. Bummer.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Their threat to "shut it down forever" will just have Microsoft people waiting to trace them when it happens, so that those amateurs will go to jail. I wouldn't doubt it if Microsoft (if they were smart about it), temporarily switched the server over to a sting operation just to teach future hackers not to mess with them. It's possible for MS to do it, but they may not take these amateurs that seriously. No serious hacker would threaten a "forever shutdown", because they know it just isn't possible to pull it off. Even if they bombed the building with all the servers, backups would be online in another location within a few days.

idokamaroq

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Any motive? Parents bought them a PS4 and a WiiU instead of the Xbox One they demanded?

Pretty sure they only DDOS stuff, too, from what I've heard. Maybe they just plan to put their script in a while(1<2) loop (...deadmau5! :grin:) and count that as forever. Should be an easy fix from MSFT.

As for tracing, even an 8th grader would know to go through a proxy, so that likely won't be easy. But ya, I agree. I wouldn't it expect it to go down for more than a day or two.

Floyd Green

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
if the so called hackers were real about anything like you said forever is a long shot but anyways why wait if you could do it there just trying to get ppl scared because if they ccould do it it would be done already ps lizard squand come at me i live in texas yall aint **** but a bunch of no lifes come to my house and ill beat that ***

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Oh wow really? They think Microsoft isn't prepared for this? I'm sure the DDOS will affect XBOX Live and shut it down for a few hours but nothing past that, unlike PlayStation Network.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Lizard Squad are nothing but a bunch of stupid script kiddies who think they're "1337 hax0rs" because they can click a button!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon