Apps Schmapps.....where's the new hardware??

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
My wife upgraded her iPhone 5 to a 6, which is a beautiful piece of hardware. There are some beautiful Android handsets out there now too. Aside from the HTC One, the WP devices seem old and clunky. I love the WP OS, but c'mon, MS, let's see some new hardware! Soon!

And I can't be the only one thinking this!

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Its a forgone conclusion that there will be no high end phones until Win 10. Maybe some minor upgrades to existing phones (635/638)
(1320/1330) but that seems to be it. Could be another bad year for WP??????

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
oh no, not another one of these threads!

we are all VERY aware of the situation and this was already discussed extensively in another threads!

the conclusion is always: some people are unhappy, some people are happy, like it always was and will be in this world!

some are satisfied with the 930 or 1520, they are still top enough to run WP more than properly!

but some are not and NEED a new phone full of bells and whistles and unnecessary things (such as QHD) to satisfy their consumist and spec cravings!

but the thing is: no, no other flagship than 930 this year! and no, it wasn't a bad year, many good things did happen, but people are too blind crying over and over the same thing!

MS is probably setting the next flagship for next year and we will surely hear about it at some conference!

till then, lets not turn this into another useless discussion "I'm unhappy/i'm happy"...it is pointless and won't change anything!

sure we are free to complain about whatever we want but I'm just DONE seeing threads and complaints about this! lol

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I should have sifted through the other 50,000 threads before posting this.

Because I'm on Verizon, there are basically two choices, and if the HTC One m8 had wireless charging, I'd leave my 822 tomorrow and have no complaints :)

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Who said the M8 wasn't a flagship? I just said it wasn't for me because it didn't have wireless charging. Easy, man.

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, I should have sifted through the other 50,000 threads before posting this.

Because I'm on Verizon, there are basically two choices, and if the HTC One m8 had wireless charging, I'd leave my 822 tomorrow and have no complaints :)

that's what search is there for lol so you can directly search threads instead of going thru 50 thousand of them!

still...1st world problems! here in Brazil, we have the Lumia 930 unlocked and uncarried, you can buy it at any store and put the chip of any carrier you want!

it's all an availability issue! everyone here is pretty happy yet with the 930, so we can patiently wait for the new flagship!

too bad US doesn't has the same freedom in buying Lumia flagship phones :/ this makes pplz unhappy because of lack of choices...but would a new flagship really solve the problem if the carrier problems persists?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
DAMN IT!!! The HTC One M8 IS THE FRAC'N FLAGSHIP RIGHT NOW. STOP SAYING THERE ARE NO WINDOWS PHONE FLAGSHIPS.

There is this unwritten rule that only Lumias can be flagships. Mention the Ativ SE and you get bombarded with claims of "exclusivity" keeping it from being a flagship. Well, the M8 is on AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile. I'm sure there is a Sprint user somewhere who finds this unacceptable.

Icons were labeled as flagships (Verizon), the 1520 is a flagship (AT&T), as was the 1020 (there's Ma Bell again) and the 920/925 (AT&T + T-Mo). Sorry but I don't see the argument. If these can be flagships with carrier exclusivity, why not the Samsungs and HTC phones? BTW, the Verizons are factory unlocked allowing the users to pick their own carrier. Can't say the same about the GSM models (AT&T + T-Mo).

Lumias are NOT the only Windows Phones!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon