If windows 10 represents PCs,tablets and phones, should we expect an over 50% market share soon?

felixl87

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
If windows 10 is one for all, does this mean that pc,tablets and mobile market share is going to be bundled all together into one market share?,does this mean that android and iOS are going to be competing with PCs,tablets and phones at the same time?,

If PCs already have an excellent market share,should we expect a drastic market share increase soon?

Last edited:

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 representing all, should we expect a 40% market share soon?

Android do it with their phones and tablets so I think windows will as well. Windows 10 is nice I can't wait till they sort out the bugs

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
At one of Microsoft's announcements this year Satya Nadella said that Microsoft has a 14% market share on ALL devices. It's also mentioned in this article. It would take some serious growth to hit 50%. If the current trends continue, the growth would have to come from mobile.

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I don't think 50% market share is achievable in the short term, maybe long term.

MS are focusing on Win10, but more importantly, the "next billion", ie the next billion users that currently don't have access to mobiles, where access to cheap phones and carrier billing for apps is a must. Only Windows and Android can be successful in this area, as I don't see that many poor people opting for an iPhone. MS need to have the 530/5 at it's cheapest to match the cheapest android phone, if not cheaper...
If MS could get 25% of that number, it's a game changer for MS and the Windows Phone ecosystem.

G.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes