How long have you been loyal to Nokia then Lumia platform?

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Nokia 3200, 1600, 3310, 6600, 5230xpressmusic, 8910(gold) titanium, 7200 supernova, 7600, L620, L720, L920, L925, L1020, L1520. [Only the Lumia's are in order]

Only once in 2009 I bought an LG something...but from my first cellphone in 1998 I have only bought and used Nokia phones.

Still to buy my first Microsoft Lumia too...
EDIT: and what was that dust proof one that had the covers top n bottom not front to back, 5210? One of my favourites...remember the large digital clock, kinda like glance...

Oh! Yeah .. that Phone ! It was Good ... INdeed some of the old nokias Became immortal !!

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
That's Sad! I also wanted to play it again ... I remember on that 3310 my snake score was around 1900 or something ... I was huge i think :D .. I dnt knw I may Jump online to see if any thing can be bought xD Or i have to check any local store wish to fix it !!

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Let's see ...
I had a Qualcomm brick back in 97, then a Sony Erickson - with internet (WAP) . I got my first Nokia in 2002 - a 3395, then a Nokia 6620 (and a memory card) in 2005, then a Nokia n95 8GB in 2008 (my favourite phone), N8 in 2011 fand now up to a Nokia Lumia 930 in 2014. I went to WP because I am Nokia loyal. Now, I am not sure what I am going to do in 3-4 years.

Nokia always had stellar hardware. None of my Nokias ever had problem - I traveled with them and used them daily.

If Nokia came out with a new phone, and the OS was not Windows... not sure what I would do...

You made it hard ti decide but even if Nokia came out with new one ! if not WP OS so what will it be ! ... I think after windows 10 MS will release something Very Good . or at least I hope so !! :)

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Well if I remember correctly my first device was Nokia 6233 then Nokia 6303i then Nokia 5800 and now Nokia Lumia 620.

And in future I'll buy Nokia phones despite the OS.
so I am only Loyal to Nokia although I hate the CEO.

Last edited:

spideymaniac

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
For as long as I can remember, and I really hope it can rise again in smartphone business, so yeah, I use Lumia because Nokia brand not Microsoft's

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Haha, which I could remember the name of those ones too. When I went off to college in 2006 I had whatever the "free" LG flip phone from Verizon was at the time. Dropped it during move in and broke the screen. Got a replacement, and that one got dropped on carpet and broke. I think I went through two or three more phones in the first semester before buying a Nokia "candy bar" off eBay. That thing lasted until I got my first blackberry Junior year of college.

As a final send off, my room mate and i dropped the Nokia from our dorm window (still worked), ran it over with his Jeep (yup, still worked), and finally dropped it in an icy puddle - which finally did it in after it was submerged for a few minutes. That thing was a beast...and had the most fun bowling game on it.

Yeah, that build quality was really amazing! Let's hope Microsoft can keep it up.

tonygt92

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I have gone through lots of Nokia phones, they have been hand me downs in my family, as everyone mentioned they are indestructible, only thing that killed them were the batteries, that started to get swollen, and the scratched up outer surface and loose back panels.
My list
2100 (Snake ~)
1208 (Cricket and Football game)
2626 (First one with radio)
7210 Supernova
N70
N73
N97 Mini
Nokia X1
Lumia 710 (Brother's phone, he still using so not a hand me down to me yet :p )
Lumia 525 (Using for about 2 years, my first wp)
Waiting for Lumia 1030, if priced above my budget then will get a 1020 for cheap.
Looking to buy the Nokia E7, really love that phone with its tank body & pop out keyboard, a big fan of that design.
PS: I am from India so some model numbers may vary

Last edited:

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I have gone through lots of Nokia phones, they have been hand me downs in my family, as everyone mentioned they are indestructible, only thing that killed them were the batteries, that started to get swollen, and the scratched up outer surface and loose back panels.
My list
2100 (Snake ~)
1208 (Cricket and Football game)
2626 (First one with radio)
7210 Supernova
N70
N73
N97 Mini
Nokia X1
Lumia 710 (Brother's phone, he still using so not a hand me down to me yet :p )
Lumia 525 (Using for about 2 years, my first wp)
Waiting for Lumia 1030, if priced above my budget then will get a 1020 for cheap.
Looking to buy the Nokia E7, really love that phone with its tank body & pop out keyboard, a big fan of that design.
PS: I am from India so some model numbers may vary

That's a lot :D .. I think 1030 will be a bit expensive:/ but I wish not !! :D

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
My first phone was a Nokia on the TDMA network! Way before GSM. I have been loyal to Nokia. I have owned EVERY Nseries phone...yup every one...no misses....
Cheated on Nokia a few times but that was due to finances more than "grass being greener"....
Currently have the 1020 and on my way to getting the 1520 and N1 tablet.
Epic Devices: N90 (1st phone with Zeiss lens led flash) N91 (Nokia music phone, best audio quality) N80 (first wifi phone, first 3.2MP phone) N93 (1st DvD quality video recording, optical zoom) N95 (1st 5MP camera gps dual slide) 5800 (The Dark Knight phone, Nokias "first" touch screen) N900 (the only Maemo OS phone built in command terminal, 1st open platform phone...still mad Nokia didn't continue to work on this!) N9 (MeeGo phone...and the father of the Lumia design) N8 (Best camera quality in that period) Nokia 808 (1st purview phone and I think the last Symbian device) The Nokia Lumia 1020....well don't think I need to explain. Lol

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Always Nokia. I still have a working 3310 classic. But does anybody remember the Nokia internet tablets, the first from about 10 years ago? Well before the iPhones and iPads. That was top technologies and lots of people admired me for what I have. They didn't have SIM cards, but back then, most private wifi routers where open, so you could always connect to some.

Kovaelin

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
My parents owned a Nokia 5110, which they had me take to school in undergrad. It could never hold a charge for a full day though, so I often kept it off and inside my school bag. I didn't use it very much, but it was there in case of emergencies.

The first phone that I owned and paid for, myself, was a Nokia 5310 XpressMusic. I only bought it because I needed a mobile, since I was living in a new city. I didn't do any research on it, and chose it based on the brand. I lucked out and it turned out to be a great little phone. It lasted from 2009 until last summer, when I was caught in a storm and was fritzed out. I was quite tempted to get one of those shiny X series phones, but could never justify buying one while the 5310 still worked. I think I was eyeing the X6 (and X3?), but I'm not sure when looking at them now (my memory made them look a lot sleeker... hmm).

I was also considering finding a Nokia X2-00 to replace the 5310, but finally ended up with a Nokia Lumia 635. I was actually using a borrowed LG Phoenix for a while, so I had a little bit of smartphone experience. After familiarizing myself with what's available, I'm glad that I stayed with my old school phone for all that time, because there was really nothing for me to get excited about until recently. All in all, I'm very happy with Windows Phone though, and it seems that I've joined up at a good time. I look forward to being part of this community.

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
My parents owned a Nokia 5110, which they had me take to school in undergrad. It could never hold a charge for a full day though, so I often kept it off and inside my school bag. I didn't use it very much, but it was there in case of emergencies.

The first phone that I owned and paid for, myself, was a Nokia 5310 XpressMusic. I only bought it because I needed a mobile, since I was living in a new city. I didn't do any research on it, and chose it based on the brand. I lucked out and it turned out to be a great little phone. It lasted from 2009 until last summer, when I was caught in a storm and was fritzed out. I was quite tempted to get one of those shiny X series phones, but could never justify buying one while the 5310 still worked. I think I was eyeing the X6 (and X3?), but I'm not sure when looking at them now (my memory made them look a lot sleeker... hmm).

I was also considering finding a Nokia X2-00 to replace the 5310, but finally ended up with a Nokia Lumia 635. I was actually using a borrowed LG Phoenix for a while, so I had a little bit of smartphone experience. After familiarizing myself with what's available, I'm glad that I stayed with my old school phone for all that time, because there was really nothing for me to get excited about until recently. All in all, I'm very happy with Windows Phone though, and it seems that I've joined up at a good time. I look forward to being part of this community.
I would like to really thank and welcome you into WP platform! It is really very awesome that you kept that time! Btw I still keep my first mobile till now :D the only thing that made it dead the battery 🔋!
I wish a good luck to you! .... And get the new flagship 😄 !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital