best Internet browser

Scouzer

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I just got a Windows phone again and I was wondering what people think is the best browser for WP and why.
I Like the standard browser because its simple and easy to use and I have easy access to bookmarked websites.
But I would be cool if there was a possibility to install add ons so you could get ad block.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
For starters it has a proper built in downloader.
Then it can store files in cloud with UC disk.
It offers a lot of themes and customization options that I.E don't offer.
It even has a picture password option on start up so it can store private files and be kept out of reach of undesired viewing.
Also many nifty features like Night mode, page preloading and custom fonts really does makes it better than I.E.

Scouzer

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't think I like the UC browser, because I can't find an easy way to access my bookmarks.
I will try the surfy browser

Scouseman

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I've used UC browser and surfy. They're both good except when you use them for a long period of time then they crash. At least that's my experience anyways. I have a Lumia 925.

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've used UC browser and surfy. They're both good except when you use them for a long period of time then they crash. At least that's my experience anyways. I have a Lumia 925.

Try Maxthon. It's the only other good browser. I use UC and it never crashes for me. I use speed mode. For full websites, I use IE or Maxthon.

Scouseman

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Try Maxthon. It's the only other good browser. I use UC and it never crashes for me. I use speed mode. For full websites, I use IE or Maxthon.

Tried it. Pretty smooth, but same result. Crashed after about 5 minutes. It's as if they want you to use nothing but IE on your device. Every other browser just crash. I don't like using IE at all, its just so limited and unappealing. I don't even use IE on my PC. Sad....very sad

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Well, I don't know about you guys, but with the latest updates, Surfy become my daily browser replacing totally the IE11. It is so feature-packed, so smooth, never crashed on me EVER even if i am doing a heavy browsing (one tab playing youtube video, other tab reading news portal, and the third tab on Facebook or Twitter). I have tried for a fair amount of time UC and Maxthon, and yes they are good browsers, but doesn't come close to the stability of Surfy in the last month (march 2015). It is highly customizable, it's light, have a download manager, Lunch Pad (probably the best Surfy feature), etc.
For me, Surfy is a browser that WP should have it as a default browser instead of IE11. but this is me, many will maybe disagree with me cuz everyone has its own preference.
Oh btw, the phone i am using Surfy on is Samsung ATIV S i8750 (WP8.1.1 Official, not PfD)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
UC Browser is the best alternative to IE mobile and other is MiniBrowser a multi-tab browser, also has many features like streaming YouTube videos from the browser.
get some of the best browser list here
5 Best Web Browser for Windows Phone 7 and 8 - TechMing

Seriously dude, that article is like 18 months old (from 2013), couldn't you find something newer? LOL
And I agree that UC is a great browser (have it myself too), But with the last three Surfy updates, Surfy is more stable and faster than UC. and more feature packed. On my Lumia 630 UC crashes if you browse some heavy web site, while Surfy is rendering that with an ease. On my ATIV S and Lumia 930, UC is working good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes