Rumoured flagships

Mr Lachey

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
What do you peeps think of these?

engadget.com/2015/05/04/microsoft-cityman-and-talkman-phones/

If it is a snapdragon 810 it sounds terrible. My 920 already cooks my hand. I can imagine a 940 would go supernova with one of those chipsets lol.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Until we get the real specifications it's an unknown. Also the L920 is not the best WP out there. It had a lot of issues with heating. If your's is getting that hot I'd recommend using the Lumia Recovery Tool.

MS has to release something impressive and it will probably be the latest and greatest SoC (we hope). I'm more concerned with battery rather than heat. All phones heat up to some extent.

Mr Lachey

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
Don't worry, I know what rumours and speculation are ;) but my comment is actually consistent for a wide range of the higher end Lumia phones. Its something that myself and many others who play graphically intense games have gotten accustomed to.

Thanks for trying to give me a tip too(I wasn't trying to solicit one but I do appreciate it anyways). I've had my phone for 2 and a half years and wiped it a few times within that. So I don't expect a software recovery will do anything but make me have to set everything up again.

TheRevMikeS

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
They'd better go from rumored to real really quickly. My 920 is nearing 3 years old and battery is dying. Need new phone soon. Current Lumias are junkware by comparison to my 920. If MS doesn't get its act together, I'll be forced toward LG G4 or HTC One M9, and I won't turn back. Microsoft doesn't appear to be willing to salt the market with some compelling product leaks. My wager is that Windows 10's phased release and the lack of urgency in the phone space is going to result in the capsizing of the brand. Hey Microsoft, throw the consumer a bone, huh?!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
They'd better go from rumored to real really quickly. My 920 is nearing 3 years old and battery is dying. Need new phone soon. Current Lumias are junkware by comparison to my 920. If MS doesn't get its act together, I'll be forced toward LG G4 or HTC One M9, and I won't turn back. Microsoft doesn't appear to be willing to salt the market with some compelling product leaks. My wager is that Windows 10's phased release and the lack of urgency in the phone space is going to result in the capsizing of the brand. Hey Microsoft, throw the consumer a bone, huh?!

Well you could buy a new battery.
And if those two phones meet your needs, by all means.

Worth mentioning the M8 for Windows I guess.

IEhrgeizI

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I'd say that if there is an issue with the S810 then Qualcomm will likely fix that shortly by redesigning it somewhat. I doubt it would have the same issues as on Android and if there are still issues then maybe MS will just go with the 808 or maybe they will go for one of Samsungs chips in both devices, ie the ones in the S6/S6 Edge.

Either way I'm looking forward to their reveal then release. I really want a new flagship Lumia.

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I know exactly how you feel loved my 920 even though it was replaced 4 times. when there were no new windows phones released in Thailand the following year, I gave up and switch to an LG G2 and that's the phone I am still rocking atm. Been waiting for some news on what Microsoft have to offer as I am up for a new phone new phone now, If Microsoft don't have something great in the high end market soon I will just get the LG G4. And don't see myself coming back to windows phone any time soon there after.

Cleavitt76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
There really isn't an issue with the S810 overheating. The rumors about overheating have been debunked quite a few times, but it's already out there in people's collective conscience. The rumor had basically gone viral among tech enthusiasts before it was proven/disproven and while the SOC/phones were still in the development phase.

Snapdragon 810 is one of the least overheating processors, LG says
Qualcomm: Snapdragon 810 Overheating Rumors are ?Rubbish? | Droid Life
Snapdragon 810 overheating myth busted? SoC runs cooler than the 801, claims report | Pocketnow

"However, according to a recent report, it looks like the Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 is actually running cooler than its 801 predecessor. The test setup includes a device available on the market running Snapdragon 801 on Full HD display, and a prototype running Snapdragon 810 on a Quad HD display. They’re both being used in the same environment, running the same apps (same game, Asphalt 8, in this particular example, for 30 minutes), and capturing 4K video."

nemov888

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 735 which is a brilliant mid range phone but I too have been eagerly watching the rumours for a Lumia flagship (940 or 940XL) I considered a 930 or WP M8 but I am assuming a release for the 940 in a few months (hoping!) so better to hold off for the moment. I don't want an apple or android device buti cannot wait forever!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes