Microsoft in a very strong position...

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I love the little ripples of any announcement in the tech world, some ripples are larger than others and some are created out of nothing.

The way I see it MS is doing great,

Windows 10 is coming and it looks good!
Surface Pro 4 is coming and its going to be the best yet
One store
Connected services
Connected teams communicating internally with an aligned mission
Flagship Phones
Focus on Enterprise (Yayyyyy!!!)
New Browser
Hololens
Continuum
Office 2016
Redesigned Skype for the 21st century

Times are looking good, the only thing that can screw this whole thing up is if MS screw up the W10 release by giving the naysayers ammunition to shoot them with.

Edit: Hopefully Band 2 released worldwide?

Last edited:

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Completely agree. I'm tired of reading these b.s articles from people saying they're jumping ship and assuming nadella said they will stop mobile after 2 years

I love the little ripples of any announcement in the tech world, some ripples are larger than others and some are created out of nothing.

The way I see it MS is doing great,

Windows 10 is coming and it looks good!
Surface Pro 4 is coming and its going to be the best yet
One store
Connected services
Connected teams communicating internally with an aligned mission
Flagship Phones
Focus on Enterprise (Yayyyyy!!!)

Times are looking good, the only thing that can screw this whole thing up is if MS screw up the W10 release by giving the naysayers ammunition to shoot them with.

Edit: Hopefully Band 2 released worldwide?

Tsang Fai

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
If Windows Phone is "planned to be killed" after two years, then why is Msft going to release two flagship phones? So I am quite sure Microsoft has no any "plan" yet on killing WP at this moment.

However, if WP does not grow even a little bit (or even fall) next year, Msft may plan to kill it. It depends on the vision of Satya. Even 1% market share can be a profitable, sustainable business, if Msft efficiently allocates resources on WP.

Microsoft is still in a strong position as a tech giant. It still occupies a very big market share on PC. But to be honest, it is in a very weak position in the phone business, although it has done its very best to fight this uphill battle.

Arvin Dulku

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I'll be honest, I can't go back to Android. I just can't.

And nope, refuse to have anything to do with Apple either.

So I need WPhones to keep on chugging.

But I am optimistic, considering I genuinely feel W10 is shaping up great and 2 potential flagships down the road sound awesome.

Fingers crossed.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Well I am eagerly awaiting the future and what happens and seeing some awesome windows phones from Microsoft. I refuse to use any other windows phone unless it is lumia or Surface brand or maybe a blu.

Till then I am having a backup plan and allowing myself to experiment with Apple just in case I am disappointed come windows 10 this fall. We shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Id love to be a fly on the wall at the Apple board meeting where they discuss how to take on MS in the enterprise space to try to stop them leveraging that to push the other services and devices (including WP) - they would all be looking at each other not knowing what to do except do more of what they have done before...sell sell to consumers....the MS train is built, its ready its about to pull into the station and millions and millions are going to get on board.

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I agree! How refreshing to read a non doom and gloom post on these forums! I'm still waiting for the negative twist to Satya clearly stating that WP will continue, I'm sure Thurott will oblige soon enough. I think they are moving in the right direction, that's why I changed from Apple, may even consider a flagship in the future (on a 535 just now) depending on how high the price is for them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I agree with you, Microsoft is certainly heading in the right direction with the strategy.

The only thing really holding them back is the apps. There's still many people using iPhones/iPads and Android devices for their mobile/casual use (why would you need a laptop when most of your life is web browsing/email/Candy Crush. I'm not sure that making Windows 10 free will change things very much. The hope I do have is in the reinvented Surface line, which is earning good reviews and seems to be selling well.

I think that Microsoft has made the right decision in not chasing market share in the same way that Nokia attempted to. Microsoft certainly won't die if the mobile market share stays where it is, it won't kill it's small factor devices because Windows is the key product.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thing is that BYOD is generally speaking a failure in the enterprise space, MS can be what BB used to be, the enterprise darling, and if so then the workplace will push windows phones to employees especially when Intel powered phones come to the platform, it just makes things easier, simpler and cheaper for businesses to implement, all MS has to do is make the flagships state of the art and cool, life the surface brand is.

buffalosolja

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Being in the field a ton of companies are going to virtual applications that run on mobile, but all the apps are for windows ecosystem. I look forward to this coming and soon!!

CP SHARMA1

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
The app gap will kill the ms soon...
The third party apps are joke. store needs quality apps not the garbage. But I love ❤ my Lumia how smooth is.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Strong position of not. I hope that MS has the sense to attract other phone makers to the game. I'd love to see an M9 WP or Galaxy S6 based device.

mohit9206

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Meh. No one would have cared about Windows 10 if MS hadn't given it away for free and MS also knows that. I still can't think of a good reason to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10?
As for Windows Phone, its easy to see the desperation in MS as they know that Windows phone 10 will not change their market share in the phone business. That's why they have decided to cut down their phone business to bare minimum because they know let alone competing with Apple or Android, they can't even manage 5% market share.

Richard Culverhouse

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Meh. No one would have cared about Windows 10 if MS hadn't given it away for free and MS also knows that. I still can't think of a good reason to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10?
As for Windows Phone, its easy to see the desperation in MS as they know that Windows phone 10 will not change their market share in the phone business. That's why they have decided to cut down their phone business to bare minimum because they know let alone competing with Apple or Android, they can't even manage 5% market share.

Massive security improvements. Unified OS and services across devices. Lol

VARUNGUPTA16061992

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I'll be honest, I can't go back to Android. I just can't.

And nope, refuse to have anything to do with Apple either.

So I need WPhones to keep on chugging.

But I am optimistic, considering I genuinely feel W10 is shaping up great and 2 potential flagships down the road sound awesome.

Fingers crossed.

Same here.. I cannot be on Android.. And apple is too dull + expensive to invest.

If W10M can shake at least a quater of android phone market.. Than it can be a great deal...

Given Apple and Google has nothing ground breaking in their sleeves... Its good opportunity for MS to turn the tables...

Something more than what it now offers is needed ...
MS has time till WWDC 2016 and I/O 2016.

VARUNGUPTA16061992

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I agree! How refreshing to read a non doom and gloom post on these forums! I'm still waiting for the negative twist to Satya clearly stating that WP will continue, I'm sure Thurott will oblige soon enough. I think they are moving in the right direction, that's why I changed from Apple, may even consider a flagship in the future (on a 535 just now) depending on how high the price is for them.

What made u come to LUMIA 535 from iPhone.. When there were options like Lumia 935/830/1520/730/640 XL :-o

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
What made u come to LUMIA 535 from iPhone.. When there were options like Lumia 935/830/1520/730/640 XL :-o
I was sick of paying so much for phones which power I don't use - I'm not a gamer but a productivity user. So I looked around and decided I would try that device and see what it was like, it is a great device! Don't notice any difference from having an iPhone on how I use the phone, messages, email, word, onenote, excel, naturally Twitter and Facebook all run just the same, the games I would play are fine too such as doodle jump etc

WP seems to be well optimised and runs really well on the 535, the only drawback is my wife has now changed from an iPhone 5s to the 735 and I love the quality of that screen! She too does not notice and drop in quality, but we both notice the drop in price we are paying per month!

My conclusion, iPhone are for the average user, overly expensive, over powered gadgets, that people pay for the bitten fruit on the back but can't possible use to its full potential. I was one of those, not now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon