Lumia 950 and 950 XL waterproof?!

Mahmoud Hussein

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else would like the awaited flagship devices to be waterproof? A friend of mine have a Sony xperia z and I really liked that feature. Since Sony has no plans to make WPs, I'd really like to see that feature in the Lumias.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
well I think the Galaxy S 5 was waterproof or at least water resistant and it had a removable back. It had this seal around the inside

masshuu

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
i bought my 1020 a few months before my z1 compact. and the 1020 outlived the sony by several months. on top, i was able to repair the 1020 myself, whereas the sony had to be sent to a sony company, meaning no phone for a few weeks.

don't trust water resistant phones to enjoy swimming, they will many times until one day, it is a painful death.

no phone is perfect but there are going to be trade-offs. if indestructible is what you needs, then there are plenty of very good android phones, though they aren't the preetyest.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering if this would be waterproof. Honestly it doesn't make a huge difference to how I would use it day to day but I guess it offers some peace of mind?

Jezza

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Yea for those that use their phones while going #2

I do wonder how people manage to drop their phone in the toilet when doing this. Are they still holding it whilst wiping?

As for the waterproof side of things, it would be great, especially for underwater photography, since touchscreens don't work underwater, the physical camera button has a great advantage.

skstrials

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
As for the waterproof side of things, it would be great, especially for underwater photography, since touchscreens don't work underwater, the physical camera button has a great advantage.

Even if a phone is waterproof, it is best left for an accidental water spills, or a dunk underwater. No waterproof phones currently can be trusted for a regular underwater usage.

You can Google all the angry Sony phone users who water damaged their phones with the refused warranty from Sony.

Yes, waterproof feature would be nice, but I would still not intentionally put it underwater.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

JezUK

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I've been waiting for the new Windows phones to arrive - normally I upgrade as soon as possible, but on this occasion I've been waiting for around 8 months.

I have had a Lumia 820 and have been really happy with it - a big Windows fan and no complaints. But I did get caught out in the wet on a walk and unbeknown to me at the time, I thought my phone was safe in my pocket. Turned out it wasn't and it got wet (while always in my pocket) and destroyed.

So....... whilst I'd love to go to a 950, it looks like I'll be heading for the Xperia Z5 when it comes out - not because I want to do any underwater photography with my phone (that would be silly !) - but because there is always a very good chance that I can be out in the wet on a walk (using Pedometers, GPS etc).

Also, I'm looking to buy a Sony camera at some point (the replacement to the a6000 when that too eventually arrives) - so the Xperia should be a good marriage with that camera since I know you can do things wirelessly between the two.

Finally, I'm not sure that the Lumia cameras can still claim to be the best smartphone cameras any longer - I mean, surely that new Xperia cameraphone will be very advanced considering Sony are very up at the top with regards to Digital Sensors etc ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon