09-20-2015 06:45 AM
64 123
tools
    Wow.... Apple wins
    09-09-2015 12:37 PM
    Now we see what Microsoft have been working on all this time instead of fixing Groove.....
    09-09-2015 12:38 PM
    So instead of updating Groove they do this.
    Keith Wallace and xandros9 like this.
    09-09-2015 12:39 PM
    smh.... sometimes man...

I don't expect to see Apple standing up at the October Microsoft event announcing Apple Music support for Windows 10 Mobile. Do any of you?
    09-09-2015 12:40 PM
    Its good to see the collaboration. Even Adobe is on stage now
    09-09-2015 12:41 PM
    Its good to see the collaboration. Even Adobe is on stage now
    Yes, if it goes both ways. Apple doesn't support anyone but Apple though.
    09-09-2015 12:41 PM
    For those of us not following what's going on at the Apple event... what happened? What are you all talking about?
    09-09-2015 12:47 PM
    Apple just has it's **** together. Microsoft is just an embarrassment now- constantly playing catch-up. They just don't know how to market their products like Apple does.
    theefman, xandros9, SPS828 and 3 others like this.
    09-09-2015 12:49 PM
    For those of us not following what's going on at the Apple event... what happened? What are you all talking about?
    So far new watch OS, new bands (new amazing colours!), new big *** ipad pro with stylus running ios9. With Microsoft in tow taking brown nosing to an art form.
    Ian_Superfly likes this.
    09-09-2015 12:52 PM
    I just looked up updates from the Verge.

Am I missing something? What did Apple do that was a big deal?
    09-09-2015 12:52 PM
    I just looked up updates from the Verge.

Am I missing something? What did Apple do that was a big deal?
    Nothing, just more of the same. ipad pro that's bigger and faster than their regular ipad, but now with a surface like keyboard and pen. Also, Microsoft came on stage to show off Office.
    Reflexx and HeyCori like this.
    09-09-2015 12:55 PM
    Surface Pro - Pro Pen >>>> Mac Pro - Apple Pencil
    Reflexx likes this.
    09-09-2015 12:56 PM
    From this thread it seems like people are upset or something. Like there was some huge groundbreaking announcement and MS dropped the ball.

All I really see is the regular stuff. Iterative improvement.
    HeyCori, TechFreak1 and jdhooghe like this.
    09-09-2015 12:58 PM
    I'd still buy a Surface Pro 3 i7 core any day. I just find iPad's bit boring not a productivity machine.
    09-09-2015 01:00 PM
    From this thread it seems like people are upset or something. Like there was some huge groundbreaking announcement and MS dropped the ball.

I guess the issue is that basically MS comes up on stage to help Apple sell their new product. Where's Apple whenever Microsoft is announcing anything? *crickets*
    SPS828 likes this.
    09-09-2015 01:39 PM

Agreed - seems mostly iterative.
    09-09-2015 01:45 PM
    I guess the issue is that basically MS comes up on stage to help Apple sell their new product. Where's Apple whenever Microsoft is announcing anything? *crickets*
    Ah.

I guess that stuff doesn't really bother me. It's not like MS offering Office on the iPad is a new development. We already knew that MS wants that market to use Office.
    09-09-2015 02:29 PM
    Ah.

I guess that stuff doesn't really bother me. It's not like MS offering Office on the iPad is a new development. We already knew that MS wants that market to use Office.
    That's exactly why it's bothering me, it's not like Microsoft had to be there- everyone already knows Office is on an iPad. Why did they feel they had to come to a presentation that was clearly aimed at competing directly with the Surface Pro? Just strange.

What's next Nvidia going to start writing graphics drivers for AMD?
    09-09-2015 03:05 PM
    That's exactly why it's bothering me, it's not like Microsoft had to be there- everyone already knows Office is on an iPad. Why did they feel they had to come to a presentation that was clearly aimed at competing directly with the Surface Pro? Just strange.

What's next Nvidia going to start writing graphics drivers for AMD?
    I don't even see this as a direct competitor to a Surface Pro.

It's not even a PC. It's just a bigger, faster, iPad.
    09-09-2015 03:09 PM
    Surface Pro - Pro Pen >>>> Mac Pro - Apple Pencil
    Sadly it's not!
    A lot of artist would love to have the Tilt feature from the Apple Pencil. Surface Pro Pen doesn't have this feature yet.
    09-09-2015 03:35 PM
    I watched the whole thing, and you are right, most of this stuff is iterative but it is iterative on top of already very well received products and with a few nice twists thrown in. I think folks are mostly lamenting (in this thread) that MSFT sent their top Office guy to an Apple event to promote how great you can do productivity on the new iPad Pro tablet when they have a somewhat direct competitor in their own Surface tablet. They demo'd some really nice multitasking and gesture recognition features and the Adobe demo (which also showed these gestures) was quite nicely done too.

Love or hate Apple (and I know most people here can't help themselves but hate them) they not only sell products, in large quantities, but they do so making a heft profit, which they then invest into the ecosystem and they also know how to make the general public get excited about products.

I sent a message to a friend of mine at work today and said "Only Apple.... only they could get away with selling a "Pencil" that you have to recharge for $99". This was both a compliment and a sarcastic remark about how they can sell anything to so many for whatever price they want. They are masters of marketing.

There are a LOT of great things to like about the new iPhones, but then again, there were a lot of things to like about last years iPhones. These are just a tad snazzier, with more robust CPU/GPUs. I think 3D touch will be a nice feature once more developers make use of it. I already love touch ID on my 5S and wish it was an option on my Lumia phones. I am hoping the retina scanner/etc feature on the 950/XL are similarly secure but at the same time just as unobtrusive.

Still loving my 640, however I won't take anything away from Apple over today's event, they did a good job selling this years refresh, I think they will have another successful year with all of this. A little off topic but i'm quite interested to see how the new Apple TV works out. More competition in this area is a good thing.
    jojoe42 likes this.
    09-09-2015 04:20 PM
    Who cares if Microsoft made an appearance at an Apple event, nothing about it (regardless of MS' presence or not) was spectacular. Heck, the iPad is (as usual) overpriced and doesn't exactly splay a distinct edge against the competition... But who cares about it being uninteresting, it'll sell regardless.
    09-09-2015 05:03 PM
    Attached Thumbnails applems-comic.jpg  
    09-09-2015 06:03 PM
    I don't know why people are behaving like this is a big deal. The Surface Pro 3/4 and even surface 3 are a better option when it comes to productivity. No matter how big they make the iPad it's still a consumer device. reason being that iOS is not productive in the Enterprise space. The Surface wins in this space. Obviously the mindless and stupid people at the Verge think otherwise.
    oditius likes this.
    09-09-2015 06:07 PM
    Nothing, just more of the same. ipad pro that's bigger and faster than their regular ipad, but now with a surface like keyboard and pen. Also, Microsoft came on stage to show off Office.
    The crowed Booed when tim sayd that who knows productivity more than Microsoft....

...Silence... :cricketsound:

and he goes Yes Microsoft!

and asks the Microsoft team to present office on stage! that was something.

lol
    09-10-2015 02:17 AM
64 123