october 6 "surprise announcement" predictions - crystal ball time

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 1040 - 3GB RAM, 41-50MP camera, 4k recording, 3300mAh battery, 5.2 inch 1080p screen, dedicated camera button, wrist strap slot, available in red, green, yellow and blue
Accessories - camera grip with 4000mAh battery, waterproof case (or make the phone waterproof in seawater)

This is wishing of course but you can dream, right?

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft will announce, that each of us insiders, will get a free gift shipped to their home - A top of the line Surface pro 4 :))))))))))))
A compensation for the trouble while testing builds lol :D

But seriously, im very excited about the event. Live stream link anyone? Perhaps something that might even work on phone and isn't full of spam, adds and crap. Ty

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
They're keeping a really tight lid on the "Surface Pro 4". There's literally not one single shred of leaked info on this device anywhere on the Internet. A guy that I know who works for MS says the new Surface is much more than anyone is expecting. I'm expecting a few more surprises as well.

I don't know how much I believe that right now. We've already seen mentions of 12" and 14" iterations. Maybe a Surface Mini is the surprise kicker. Beyond that, I don't expect that much would be different. You probably get Skylake, an improved Type Cover (PLEASE, I hate the current ones), and maybe the kickstand gets some added build quality, I don't know. Windows Hello will probably get an iris scanner into the thing like the phones (since they can't fit one of those Intel cameras in it, I'm guessing).

I just stop and ask myself what would be a pleasant surprise with the SP4 that might not be expected, and I have nothing. A better keyboard is all I think it needs, and I don't care a tiny bit about Windows Hello. I guess the only major surprise would be if they got PureView optics and OIS into the rear camera, maybe with dual flash or something.

Otherwise, like I said, I basically expect:

--12" and 14" offerings, maybe 2K on the former and 4K on the latter (or 1080/2K)
--Skylake chips
--Better typing solution
--Iris scanner (I have a hard time believing they'd put it in the phones and not the lead W10 hybrid device)
--Maybe dual USB ports (possibly Type-C for one)
--Possible Surface 3 Mini (or a dual-launch of Surface 4 and Surface 4 Mini, if Skylake Atom stuff is close to completion)

I'm honestly at a loss for what could be surprising.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
MS partnered with Major banks to create apps that will allow users to login with the IRIS hardware on their phone rather than traditional password.

A person can wish :D

They should provide something like a 50-100$ voucher for apps. This would bring back into the windows economy and app developers would be getting more money and happier with development efforts.

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Cool NFC figurines compatible with Windows 10 (and a marketing deal with Disney, Nintendo, and Activision for their compatibility).

Acejax805

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft will be introducing their version of ApplePay/AndroidPay for contactless payments using your credit cards. That is my prediction.

brianahodges

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Here is what I would like to hear next week:

1. Either Microsoft will distribute W10M over-the-air and independent of the US carriers OR the US carriers have been testing W10M simultaneously with the different builds and are prepared to immediately distribute the OS.
  2. Due to the recent legal settlements between Google and Microsoft, Google has opened the Google Play Store to Windows Phone users; Users can download apps and convert them using the W10M "Project Astoria" algorithms.
  3. Unlocked Lumia 950s will cost $350, unlocked Lumia 950X will cost $399, and they will be available for sale from Microsoft, Amazon, or the major carriers beginning 1 Nov 15.

davidofmidnight

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I guess you could but I doubt you'd remember taking a selfie... so you might end up in a ad infinitum loop :winktongue:.

My guess they will announce something similar to this :cool:.
View attachment 113561

While Microsoft is thinking about the future, I'm not sure they're that far ahead. :eek:rly: Unless Dr. Wells/Eobard Thawne was on the MS board in the future and decided to help out while he was here trying to kill Barry. I'm such a dork.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
While Microsoft is thinking about the future, I'm not sure they're that far ahead. :eek:rly: Unless Dr. Wells/Eobard Thawne was on the MS board in the future and decided to help out while he was here trying to kill Barry. I'm such a dork.

Who knows, maybe getting everyone sucked into VR (so people won't notice things going mental around them) is the first step in his grandiose plan :winktongue:.

Char8

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft will announce Google Apps on Windows Phone 10.

This. If this happens I'm getting the 950XL no matter what. The only reason I don't use a WP full time is my work is so heavily invested in Google services it's a bit painful to fit in with a WP.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
This. If this happens I'm getting the 950XL no matter what. The only reason I don't use a WP full time is my work is so heavily invested in Google services it's a bit painful to fit in with a WP.

And that's EXACTLY why Google will never announce apps for Windows mobile

xboxnerd

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
And that's EXACTLY why Google will never announce apps for Windows mobile

Rumor has it that Google will present on stage tomorrow.
I can see that they are going to announce UWP for all google services.

I believe there will be an "universal pen" that can pair with 3+ devices in the same time, and a mechanical switch on it can let you activate and write on different devices. Phones, tablets, laptops, Surface hub, imagine if one pen that can rule them all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes