01-31-2016 11:10 AM
269 ... 91011
tools
    Joe Belfiore iPhone's Review (Vacation Edition):

sar.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	sar.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.1 KB 
ID:	121554Click image for larger version. 

ID:	121554
    JOE BELFIORES RATING

THE GOOD/ IMPROVED SPEED EVERYWHERE (NEW PROCESSOR, FASTER WIRELESS, QUICKER TOUCH ID SENSOR); A STURDIER BODY; BETTER FRONT AND REAR CAMERAS; A BOLD NEW 3D TOUCH PRESSURE-SENSITIVE DISPLAY THAT COULD END UP BEING A REALLY USEFUL TOOL IN APPS DOWN THE ROAD, AND WHICH ALREADY OFFERS NEW IOS SHORTCUTS.

THE BAD/ EXPENSIVE, MINOR SOFTWARE FLAWS, HEAVY.

THE BEST/ MUCH BETTER THAN WINDOWS 10 MOBILE. BEST IN SHOOTING SELFIE, USING MICROSOFT SELFIE. SOCIAL MEDIA APPS ARE VERY GREAT, I CAN EASILY UPLOAD MY VACATIONS PHOTOS SHOWCASING MY NEW COLORED HAIR (I SEND MY VACATIONS PHOTOS TO MY BOSS NADELLA; NADELLA IS IPHONE PRO USER). IOS IS BEST, VERY OPTIMIZED, AND SLEEK AND FAST (UNLIKE W10M). APPS UPDATES REGULARLY.
    WELL, ACTUALLY, WHILE IM IN VACATION, MY IPHONE IS USING IOS 9.3. IM ONE OF MILLION IOS LOVER BETA TESTER OUT THERE. NO PROBLEM, IN FACT THE NEW NIGHT VISION MODE WORKS REALLY, REALLY GREAT. THE OS STILL IN BETA YET, BUT I DONT EXPERIENCED BUGS, LAGS UNLIKE WIN10M
    01-30-2016 10:34 AM
    Joe Belfiore iPhone's Review (Vacation Edition):

Click image for larger version. 

ID:	121554
    JOE BELFIORES RATING

THE GOOD/ IMPROVED SPEED EVERYWHERE (NEW PROCESSOR, FASTER WIRELESS, QUICKER TOUCH ID SENSOR); A STURDIER BODY; BETTER FRONT AND REAR CAMERAS; A BOLD NEW 3D TOUCH PRESSURE-SENSITIVE DISPLAY THAT COULD END UP BEING A REALLY USEFUL TOOL IN APPS DOWN THE ROAD, AND WHICH ALREADY OFFERS NEW IOS SHORTCUTS.

THE BAD/ EXPENSIVE, MINOR SOFTWARE FLAWS, HEAVY.

THE BEST/ MUCH BETTER THAN WINDOWS 10 MOBILE. BEST IN SHOOTING SELFIE, USING MICROSOFT SELFIE. SOCIAL MEDIA APPS ARE VERY GREAT, I CAN EASILY UPLOAD MY VACATIONS PHOTOS SHOWCASING MY NEW COLORED HAIR (I SEND MY VACATIONS PHOTOS TO MY BOSS NADELLA; NADELLA IS IPHONE PRO USER). IOS IS BEST, VERY OPTIMIZED, AND SLEEK AND FAST (UNLIKE W10M). APPS UPDATES REGULARLY.
    WELL, ACTUALLY, WHILE IM IN VACATION, MY IPHONE IS USING IOS 9.3. IM ONE OF MILLION IOS LOVER BETA TESTER OUT THERE. NO PROBLEM, IN FACT THE NEW NIGHT VISION MODE WORKS REALLY, REALLY GREAT. THE OS STILL IN BETA YET, BUT I DONT EXPERIENCED BUGS, LAGS UNLIKE WIN10M
    :)) good one. IOS betas are indeed way better than this win10 mobile.
    winc_hargie likes this.
    01-30-2016 11:12 AM
    I think this guy should have been fired a while ago. I believe he was indeed fired albeit given a euphemistic name to it saying he's on one year long vacation. No one will give a head of a division this long a vacation while that division is struggling to survive :-)... I don't care what phone he uses after he's been kicked out. I'd blame the current state of Windows phone/mobile squarely on him. His inability to release important fixes and attract app developers is the cause of this downward spiral of WP.
    01-30-2016 11:43 AM
    Thanks Joe!
    To understand MS you have to use their products... might help.
    Optics. You are using an IPhone and you work for MS.
    Like Pope having sex - you have no faith.
    01-30-2016 12:39 PM
    If I worked at Microsoft in the phone group, I'd have an iPhone too but I'd use my Windows Phone, especially while communicating with customers.
    01-30-2016 04:19 PM
    The point is that Belfiore doesn't have to use what you think he should use. He has to use whatever he feels like he should use. Only an extremely short-minded person would think that since he uses an iPhone, he doesn't like/believe/whatever in Windows Phone.
    As the head of the division, he should represent in the first place. He can of course use whatever the hell he wants in private but he should represent in public.

I really can't imagine Tim Cook using a Windows phone or an Android handset, not in public.
    bromoid likes this.
    01-30-2016 05:44 PM
    It's fine for Joe to use I guess, but is it wise? I think that if all microscope staff used their own products -- and were required to mostly -- then we would see better products. It is sad that we are struggling with bugs while Joe is apparently unawares because he is wealthy and on another platform.
    01-30-2016 05:49 PM
    [WARN]Ladies and gentlemen, please keep discussion productive and on topic. Personal attacks, insults, taking threads off topic and other disruptive posting behaviors are not acceptable. If you do not like a post, please behave like an adult and move on, or if you feel it violates the forum rules, please report it. At no point should members be calling each other out in posts. Thanks.[/WARN]
    jmshub, libra89, Guytronic and 5 others like this.
    01-30-2016 09:32 PM
    I think y'all need to rethink this without your emotions.

(1) Like it or not, the iPhone is the one to beat right now. By immersing himself in that world, Joe can learn where the deficiencies are and work them into Windows Mobile. There's nothing BS about that.

(2) We all know how deficient the Windows App store is. As much I want to go "all-in" on the Windows ecosystem, I can't because 75% of the apps I use on a daily basis aren't there. I suspect Joe is the same situation. Yet you people expect him to give up productivity to save face? That's idiotic.

(3) If Joe were to use Windows Mobile right now, he'd want to give feedback to the Windows Team. Except he's on vacation right now and shouldn't get sucked in to that world.

I completely support Joe and what he's doing because it's the best for the platform AND the best for him. The people saying that he needs to go clearly have no idea how software design works and need to get back to what they know, which clearly isn't technology.
    01-30-2016 10:21 PM
    This is different in a lot of ways, but being someone who followed Apple and Next back in the day, there were these stories about Steve Jobs using an IBM Thinkpad with NeXTstep (rather than a PowerBook) for a while after coming back to Apple:

NeXT Computers :: View topic - Steve Jobs ThinkPad

Sometimes the best things you can do for a team/company is use the best product and if it's not theirs, point out why not.....
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-30-2016 11:04 PM
    Joe ain't coming back. This "sabbatical" is Joe and MS' way of parting ways.
    mikepalma, Kavu2 and bromoid like this.
    01-30-2016 11:37 PM
    There's nothing wrong about him using an iPhone. But please don't let the whole world know. I don't like him anyways.
    01-31-2016 02:44 AM
    According to WinBeta, Microsoft doesn't care about Windows Mobile anymore. and honestly I couldn't really give a f%#$ less. I just want the OS to function properly and it doesn't seem like MS are trying to do that at all.
    *See WinBeta's latest article titled "Microsoft isnt sweating the death of Windows Phone and heres why"
    01-31-2016 04:30 AM
    I don't know how but IOS never win me, it's hard to navigate with only one button and too many steps to get to where i want. Maybe I didn't have enough time playing with it.
    01-31-2016 04:48 AM
    Surprised this blew up. Months ago Joe announced on Twitter he was going to use an iPhone or Android phone while on vacation so that he could get more familiar with the competition. People have short memory and attention spans I guess.
    WinCoffee likes this.
    01-31-2016 05:15 AM
    Before he left on his sabbatical he said he would be using other devices. As others have said, using a competitor's device or service is a pretty common practice. The rage being shown by people that have no idea what it takes to do a job like his is comically ludicrous.

-kpluck
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 01-31-2016 at 09:47 AM.
    01-31-2016 07:50 AM
    Really???? My Uncle's surname is Ford, BUT.....he drives a Jaguar! Is that an issue as well??
    A Jaguar is a Ford
    01-31-2016 09:30 AM
    Actually no, it is not!

It belongs to Tata Motors....
    01-31-2016 10:40 AM
    Enough.
    01-31-2016 11:10 AM
269 ... 91011