New Nokias incoming

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
When Nokia went with Windows Phone back in the day, a large part of the reason was that they wanted to stand out in the marketplace, and in the Android ecosystem, how do you stand out with just so many manufacturers building handsets? If that was true in 2011, how much more difficult will it be for Nokia today?

Look at a brand like HTC for an example. By all accounts, the new HTC 10 is one of better Android phones available right now, our sister site Android Central is raving about it ( HTC 10 ??a second opinion | Android Central ), but I bet that this thing will be outsold by Samsung Galaxy phones 4-1, at least.

I had several Nokia phones, a Lumia 920 and a 1520, and they were both fantastic phones. But I don't know what a new iteration of Nokia could do to make their phones interesting in a way that all of the other handset builders haven't already been doing for years.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
For one thing they can bring a true successor to the 808/1020, albeit with a different OS, they still have the talent and expertise to do so. And since Nokia is licensing their name their financial exposure is limited yet with so many former Nokia rmployees involved in the new company the spirit of Nokia is maintained. Certainly exciting to see them return to mobile devices in full force.
Sent From my SP3i3

Tsang Fai

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
My guess is the coming Android-powered Nokia phones will attract some die-hard Nokia fans who don't like Windows Mobile. I would not be surprised that its market share will soon surpass Windows Phone.

But in the long run, I don't think sales of Nokia phones will be sustainable. The reason is simple enough - younger generations (<30 years old) think Nokia is a very old brand. Those who were born after iPhone may even don't know "Nokia".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes