ear buds
surface pans

software
windows light I'm calling it a Andromeda OS lol

not gonna be there
surface laptop
surface book 3
surface pro
You left out the biggest announcement. Balmer is returning as CEO. The MS Board feels Microsoft has become too profitable under Nadella. Only way half of the above list will ever be released would require my announcement to happen.

KJW23

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
You left out the biggest announcement. Balmer is returning as CEO. The MS Board feels Microsoft has become too profitable under Nadella. Only way half of the above list will ever be released would require my announcement to happen.

lol you do you realize windows live is built for the ground up for smartphones tablets foldable smart phones and smart watch it and probably TV .

KJW23

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site

I have a news article in this thread that talks about Android emulation only makes sense for a smartphone phone and foldable phone .

eshropshire

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a news article in this thread that talks about Android emulation only makes sense for a smartphone phone and foldable phone .

Nadella keeps the MS hardware group on a very short leash. He is not going to release any products that cause the big write downs from the Balmer era. MS is not getting back into the phone business. The whole smartphone team is gone. I am talking about all of the business side. Lots of articles from people who make crazy speculations.

Microsoft has become very profitable under Nadella by investing in the future. Microsoft has an aggressive mobile strategy to have MS services running on Android and iOS. Microsoft Apps like 0365 have made major advances in the mobile space. The future is all about having the market consume your services, not on selling low margin hardware. Microsoft will partner with companies that want to take risks in the smartphone world. MS has been working with Samsung for awhile and will continue with this partnership. Microsoft would gain nothing except a lot of loses by returning to the mobile market. Balmer lost billions of dollars in the smartphone market. Nadella will never repeat that mistake.

KJW23

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
Nadella keeps the MS hardware group on a very short leash. He is not going to release any products that cause the big write downs from the Balmer era. MS is not getting back into the phone business. The whole smartphone team is gone. I am talking about all of the business side. Lots of articles from people who make crazy speculations.

Microsoft has become very profitable under Nadella by investing in the future. Microsoft has an aggressive mobile strategy to have MS services running on Android and iOS. Microsoft Apps like 0365 have made major advances in the mobile space. The future is all about having the market consume your services, not on selling low margin hardware. Microsoft will partner with companies that want to take risks in the smartphone world. MS has been working with Samsung for awhile and will continue with this partnership. Microsoft would gain nothing except a lot of loses by returning to the mobile market. Balmer lost billions of dollars in the smartphone market. Nadella will never repeat that mistake.
I have to disagree with you

eshropshire

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I have to disagree with you

Your privilege.

FYI, I don't have any secret knowledge on MS Plans. I have been working with Microsoft for years. I have partnered with MS for many years. I have many friends who I have worked with over 20+ years that work for Microsoft.

Here are a few ways to see what is important to Microsoft. First check the session content for the MS Build Conference. If MS was getting into any of the areas you list they would need developer support. If you check the last Build conference you will see no sessions on any phones or pocketable devices. You can also check on what is scheduled for the MS Ignite Conference in November. Almost all of the content is about Microsoft's cloud offerings - Azure and Office 365. The mobile classes focus on MS services running on Android and iOS.

Second, watch what Microsoft is communicating to their development and business partners. The communication would have started at least six months ago. Any big news will have started to leak out.

If Microsoft was getting back into the mobile space, developers would have been told long ago. Microsoft would have to rebuild relationships with the major phone carriers. Analysts and the press would have been briefed. You would have planned and unplanned leaks all over the place.

The next big new hardware announcement from MS will be about Centaurus. The current word on the street is the MS will not announce Centaurus on Oct. 2nd. This might change or maybe the hold Centarus for the Ignite conference. Will depend on how close the Microsoft is in releasing Windows Core OS.

eshropshire

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site

eshropshire

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site

KJW23

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes, and Microsoft showed the Centaurus product in house. The product is Not a phone. The product has two separate screens with a hinge between the screens. The device is also not pocketable.

Also, MS like many large companies has thousands of patents that never become part of products.

The article reinforces what I said. No Surface phone and no Andromeda.

you have no idea what's going on. Windows Core OS is built for the ground up so run on smartwatches smart phones foldable smart phones tablets and foldable tablet

KJW23

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes, and Microsoft showed the Centaurus product in house. The product is Not a phone. The product has two separate screens with a hinge between the screens. The device is also not pocketable.

Also, MS like many large companies has thousands of patents that never become part of products.

The article reinforces what I said. No Surface phone and no Andromeda.

you have no idea what's going on. Windows Core OS is built for the ground up so run on smartwatches smart phones foldable smart phones tablets and foldable tablet

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
, well the Surface brand does sell well now so the very short leash is probably a short leash now. Anyway it is more a matter of when and if it will be done by MS or by some Chinese company or such. With that I mean that there are quite a bit of Chinese Windows 2-1 tablets of 7 inch currently. These are pocket-able devices running fully fledged Windows. From that regard, it will only be a matter of time when battery life, always on and form factor (including folding techniques) will be good enough to match phones. I think Windows on Arm will also help here. As soon as the hardware is a good fit and Windows (or Windows lite) will be a bit better for touch, I believe the rest follow (probably a fairly slow but steady process).

eshropshire

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I am a Microsoft development partner. I am very well aware of Windows Core OS. I am also 100% certain of MS plans for Core. Microsoft is NOT getting back into phones or pocketable devices. The Smartphone market is now past maturity and is now in consolidation. The market is down close to 25% this year and will continue to consolidate. No one wants to enter the market today or any time in the next few years.

This conversation has been fun. I might be back after Oct. 2nd. Leaving for Europe and will be busy for awhile.

Last edited:

expobill

Sep 8, 2019
Visit site
I need to replace an Ipad soon with a surface go, should i wait until the new surfaces are released, or get a GO now? the go is perfect for what i need and use.

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
I need to replace an Ipad soon with a surface go, should i wait until the new surfaces are released, or get a GO now? the go is perfect for what i need and use.
, depends on how much they decreased the price since launch. If it is like 100-150 bucks difference or such I think it might be worth it. That being said, I have a feeling that the new go will have better battery life which was one of the mediocre points of the Go relative to other tablets, next to a faster cpu most likely.

Chuck Finley69

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
I am a Microsoft development partner. I am very well aware of Windows Core OS. I am also 100% certain of MS plans for Core. Microsoft is NOT getting back into phones or pocketable devices. The Smartphone market is now past maturity and is now in consolidation. The market is down close to 25% this year and will continue to consolidate. No one wants to enter the market today or any time in the next few years.

This conversation has been fun. I might be back after Oct. 2nd. Leaving for Europe and will be busy for awhile.

Sup @eshropshire ? Looking forward to your thoughts after October 2 party...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers