Why don't my Outlook.com Contacts show up in my Outlook 2013 Address Book?

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
So I've been using Outlook 2013 for a few months. It was odd at first as I've only ever used web-based mail, but I'm digging it now. However, one thing is really irking me: the address book (People tab). If I go to People at Outlook.com, I have my Outlook.com contacts synced up with Facebook, Gmail, and other accounts, so anytime I compose a new email and simply start typing a name, the email pops up. However, in Outlook 2013, the bulk of these contacts are missing. I'll compose a new email, start typing a name and then nothing will come up, so I'll have to manually enter it in. How do I get all my contacts into Outlook 2013? I assumed it would just pull it all from my Outlook.com account when I logged in (i.e. first set up Outlook), but that does not seem to be the case. Do I have to manually import them?

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

You are an Outlook master!

Update: when I tried this method I got the following error message when importing the .csv file into Outlook 2013: "Cannot complete because service provider does not support". I Binged around and found this workaround:
1. go to Outlook.com and import the .csv file there, under your people tab.
2. after it imports them, go to Manage > Clean up Contacts to merge duplicate entries
3. launch Outlook 2013 on your PC and the imported contacts should be there.

Last edited:

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm still having a problem with my contacts in Outlook 2013. When I compose a new email and want to add some email address--let's say John, Jack, and Jerry--if I start typing John, his email address will pop up and I can select it, but when I next try to type Jack, nothing shows up even though I know he's in the address book. I'll discard the email, open up the people tab, search for Jack and voila, there's his contact card with his email address. So, if he's in the address book why isn't his email address auto-popping up when I input his name in the To: field of a new email, like it did with John?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon