Twit tv

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
As I'm watching This Week in Tech on the crisp clear screen of my new Surface 2, I have to listen to the constant Microsoft bashing. I'm not a Microsoft cheerleader, but if you listened to TWIT TV you'd wonder how Microsoft is even functioning. One guy (who is a Mac guy) was trying to praise the new Surface 2 and everyone else (three others) did nothing but bash Microsoft. I wouldn't have minded it so much, but when they got to IOS and Android part of the show, there was no bashing going on, just reporting the news (as it was supposed to be).

I love tech shows but I tire of listening to the constant Microsoft bashing. I guess its human nature to have someone to hate or attack, but come on TWIT TV.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
As I'm watching This Week in Tech on the crisp clear screen of my new Surface 2, I have to listen to the constant Microsoft bashing. I'm not a Microsoft cheerleader, but if you listened to TWIT TV you'd wonder how Microsoft is even functioning. One guy (who is a Mac guy) was trying to praise the new Surface 2 and everyone else (three others) did nothing but bash Microsoft. I wouldn't have minded it so much, but when they got to IOS and Android part of the show, there was no bashing going on, just reporting the news (as it was supposed to be).

I love tech shows but I tire of listening to the constant Microsoft bashing. I guess its human nature to have someone to hate or attack, but come on TWIT TV.

That's why the only show on TWIT that I listen to/watch is Windows Weekly. Paul and Mary Jo are far more level headed and objective than everyone else on other TWIT shows. Leo is good to, usually the voice of reason. Haven't watched This Week in tech for a while, who are the hosts now?

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
That's why the only show on TWIT that I listen to/watch is Windows Weekly. Paul and Mary Jo are far more level headed and objective than everyone else on other TWIT shows. Leo is good to, usually the voice of reason. Haven't watched This Week in tech for a while, who are the hosts now?
Leo is one of the biggest Microsoft bashers. He normally pulls in the rains while hosting Windows Weekly. BTW, I like Windows Weekly as well. What I like about that show is, Mary Jo and Paul are NOT Microsoft cheerleaders. They call it how it is. They just don't see the need to punch and kick Microsoft as everyone else on TWIT TV does.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Leo is one of the biggest Microsoft bashers. He normally pulls in the rains while hosting Windows Weekly. BTW, I like Windows Weekly as well. What I like about that show is, Mary Jo and Paul are NOT Microsoft cheerleaders. They call it how it is. They just don't see the need to punch and kick Microsoft as everyone else on TWIT TV does.

That's a shame, might have to watch the other shows to see the "real" Leo. Unfortunately, this mentality seems to be the norm in the tech industry right now.

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah the TWIT Network is pretty bad lately in terms of praising anything Apple does, any chance they get to bash Microsoft they take it, no matter which show you watch. I'm starting to think Bill Gates ran over their Grandmothers back in the day or something.

Tech News Today lately has become really bad with this, particularly Sarah Lane. She can't seem to even mention Microsoft without taking potshots, that's when she's not falling over herself to praise all things Apple in one of the THREE Apple based shows they run.

The Apple reality distortion field is strong with these ones. Frank Shaw should avoid.

Highdefjunkie

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Really? That's disappointed because Leo seems so level headed. What a freaking phony! Anyway, yeah, Paul Thurott and Mary Jo are awesome.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
The thing that irks me (now that I think about it) is the twit tv app is the only paid app on my Surface (currently).

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Oh wow, just listened to the last TWIT and Leo definitely carry's himself differently, though Dvorak seems to encourage him to speak negatively towards Microsoft whenever he starts speaking positively about them. You're right though, the one guy, who happens to be a Mac guy, ended up defending Microsoft. Definitely not the TWIT I remember.

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Leo suffers from the Pack Mentality.

It's 'cool' to bash Microsoft, so he joins in, because quite frankly on his Network, everyone else does it. There's plenty of examples of him praising a product on one show, and the next day going on another and slamming it.

Sarah Lane is by far and away the worst, she's about as cliche a one-eyed Apple Fan as you can get, whereas the only relatively objective host they seem to have now is Iyaz Akhtar.

jonathanrn

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I unsubscribed to both Tech News Today and TWiT because it got to be a bunch of Microsoft bashing. They are throwing around misinformation as fact. It's infuriating listening to these self-proclaimed 'experts' talk about something they know nothing about and have no interest discussing in a mature, intellectual manner. Windows Weekly is the only show I listen to from that network.

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Windows Weekly is great show- it's people who love Microsoft and follow them closely but are also critical of them and are unwilling to blindly defend whatever they do. Paul and Mary Jo always are frank about Microsoft's failings, and at least on that show Leo appears mostly pretty fair, although he doesn't have the knowledge of someone who follows Microsoft closely, which is understandable considering he is following quite a bit more than one company and enjoys a number of different products.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon