just switched to surface 2 need help with my google calendar

flotto

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Like the title says:

I've had my surface for about 2 weeks and still can't figure out what to do with my Google calendar that won't sync. Any help is welcome because my wife and I use that calendar to share events. It still works on my Lumia 1020 but not the surface.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Like the title says:

I've had my surface for about 2 weeks and still can't figure out what to do with my Google calendar that won't sync. Any help is welcome because my wife and I use that calendar to share events. It still works on my Lumia 1020 but not the surface.

Have you thought about moving your calendar to Outlook?

Cruncher04

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Just use neuvasync its like 10 bucks a year and works perfectly. I am surprised more people on here don't use or know about it.

I know about this service. It's just that i do not want to sell my soul (and privacy) to Google so i am keeping myself far away from likes of gmail.

Any help is welcome because my wife and I use that calendar to share events.

You also have shared calendars with outlook.com That should not be a reason to stay with Google.

Travis Morss

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
He didn't ask for your opinion of Google. He asked how he could make HIS device work the services HE chooses. Google has the most widely used web services out there. I work a for a company that is a Google Apps Enterprise backend.

The Surface is a great device but it needs to be flexible as to what it can connect to. People in this community need to help not give useless opinions that aren't even relevant. If you don't think outlook uses your info for advertising as well you need to get with reality.

lcw731

May 29, 2012
Visit site
The difference is in how they get get the information they sell, and how they sell it. The abundance spam in my Gmail account versus the lack of spam in my outlook account speaks volumes.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

monkeypimp

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I just use the desktop version of Internet explorer and go to the google calendar webpage. Then you can make a Tile for it that you can put onto your Metro screen for quick access. But you won't have a tile that shows your upcoming appointments. it has worked great for me this way. But i wish there was an app that was optimized for the tablet.

Cruncher04

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
If you don't think outlook uses your info for advertising as well you need to get with reality.

The reality is all Google is dependent on stealing you private information, because thats where close to 100% of their revenue comes from. Wake me up when Microsoft generates any significant amount of revenue with advertising.
Also i tried to help, as the OP indicated that his dependence to Google services mostly consists of the availability of a shared calendar.

flotto

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
So I already have a live account that apparently has an outlook.Com account. When I import the Google calendars they show up online but not on my surface. When I go to add the account is says account already exists.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes, you're live account and outlook.com are one in the same. Since you used your live account to sign into your surface, the outlook account is already set up. Check the calendar, it should be syncing your imported events by now if they're showing online through outlook.com

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon