Battery damage?

50ShadesOfDJWS

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi I've had the surface 2 since almost Christmas and I've been using quite often,
Now I've also used it when it's charging for the past 2-ish weeks for long periods of time, and I have noticed battery depleting a bit quicker than usual, would this mean the battery is damaged or am I just fretting for nothing? If anyone could help that'd be great, thnx :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Lol you can still change that if you edit the initial post, and concerning your question, I'm no expert on the sp2 but I think you're fretting for nothing :)

monkeypimp

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
you can run a battery report and it will give you a ton of information regarding your battery.

Go to the desktop and then click search and type command prompt and select it. In the blackbox type "Powercfg -Batteryreport" it will run and then save a report at C: \users\YOURNAME\battery-report.html

I used it over the course of a month along with a Microsoft CS rep and we determined my battery was failing and they swapped my Surface.

Cobb

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Theres a new update coming out tomorrow to address battery issues, wifi, connectivity, etc. Id just wait another day and update it first.

Cobb

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Sadly, rebooting to see if it works fixes a lot of my issues with the surface 2 ie windows 8.1. I had hope that was something no longer needed as I am still using 98se on my desktop.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon